Application Deadline: 04/02/2022
The Pluripotency for organ regeneration group at the Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC) offers a Postdoctoral position to join in the framework of the project La Marató.
Main tasks and responsibilities / The successful candidate will develop research involving:
Generation of human biomodels based in 2D and 3D cell culture platforms from primary cell cultures and human pluripotent stem cells for the establishment of in vitro systems to understand clear cell renal carcinoma.
Requirements for candidates:
- Degree and PhD on Biology, Biotechnology or Chemistry.
- Expertise in culture of human pluripotent stem cells and differentiation (including 2D and 3D settings).
- Expertise in cell metabolism.
- Expertise in genome editing will be a plus.
- Competences and skills: Communication, Teamwork and collaboration, Commitment, Proactivity, Integrity, Critical and Analytical thinking.
- High level of English.
- Number of available positions: 1
- Starting date: As soon as possible
- Working conditions:
- Full-time, fixed-term contract (end date 30-07-2023) with possibility of extension.
- Measures to reconcile work and family life (maternity and paternity leave, flexible schedule working hours, teleworking, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others).
- IBEC ensures equality of access to professional development opportunities irrespective of employment status, length at IBEC or other factors. The IBEC’s yearly training catalogue offers a wide range of training in technical and transferable skills including mobility grants and a Mentoring programme.
- Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high-quality international scientific environment.
- Induction programme to facilitate incorporation at IBEC and additional support is provided for foreigners to obtain Visa-working permit and to install in Barcelona.
How to apply:
Until February 04th an online application form is available through IBEC dedicated site: https://careers.ibecbarcelona.eu/
Only those applications submitted before the deadline will be evaluated.
If you have any further question regarding your application, please contact us at email@example.com
Interested applicants should send their CV, cover letter and the contact of two referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org before (Reference: PD-SM).
Principles of the selection process:
IBEC is committed to the principles of the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers of the European Commission and the Open, Transparent and Merit based Recruitment principles (OTM-R).
IBEC´s Commitment on equal opportunity:
Our strength and excellence as an international transdisciplinary Research Institute are based on diversity. Being an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity and inclusion, so that we support employees irrespective of their gender, nationality, religion, disabilities, age, sexual identity or cultural and socioeconomic background.”
Who we are?
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, IBEC is an interdisciplinary research center focused on Bioengineering and Nanomedicine based in Barcelona. IBEC is one of the top research institutions named as a Severo Ochoa Research Centre by the Ministry of Science, Universities and Innovation, which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach and technology transfer.
IBEC’s mission is to develop international high-quality interdisciplinary research that, while creating knowledge, contributes to making a better quality of life, improving health and creating wealth. A close link with key universities, reference hospitals and corporations, are assets that facilitate achieving the mission.
IBEC was established in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Autonomous Government of Catalonia), the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).
IBEC is located within the Barcelona Science Park and is managing 3.800 square meters facilities, 23 research groups and a team of researchers and support services of 350 people from 30 different countries. www.ibecbarcelona.eu
Postdoc Position: Single Cell Regulatory Genomics Of Tumor Heterogeneity, KU Leuven, Belgium, 2 days ago
The candidate will develop new deep learning solutions, including convolutional neural networks, variational autoencoders, and generative adversarial networks, to build predictive models, particul...
1 Position Of R2 A Postdoctoral Researcher (Id 05/2022), Institut d&#039;Investigacions Biomèdiques August Pi i Sunyer (IDIBAPS), Spain, 2 days ago
Required qualifications and skills: Required Education Level: PhD in Biology, Biomedicine, Biotechnology or similar/equivalent. Experience Required: Strong laboratory skills with demonstrate...
Post Doctoral Position: Cancer & Metabolism Uc Louvain, Brussels, Belgium, UCLouvain, Belgium, 12 days ago
A 3-year position is available for a postdoctoral scientist to conduct a research project in oncology with a focus on tumor metabolism. Two axes will be considered: (i) the interplay between the t...
Ph D: Role Of The Cytoskeleton In Cell Membrane Electroporation And Cargo Translocation, Delft University of Technology (TU Delft), Netherlands, about 23 hours ago
New genome editing tools promise to repair cell functions at the source. However, they require the delivery of nucleic acids and/or gene editing enzymes directly into cells. Electroporation by tra...
Postdoc Position 100% To Establish A Mammalian Intestinal Organoid System , University of Basel, Switzerland, 15 days ago
The Biozentrum of the University of Basel is one of the leading life sciences institutes in the world. It consists of 30 groups and 500 employees that research how molecules and cells create life,...
Ph D Student In Molecular And Rna Biology, University of Warsaw, Poland, 10 days ago
In the Structural Biology Group, we study the structure and function of proteins using structural biology methods such as protein crystallography and electron microscopy, bioinformatics analysis a...