Application Deadline: 31/06/2019
The Biomimetic systems for cell engineering group at the Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia (IBEC) is looking for Pre-doctoral Researcher to develop his/her PhD thesis project on the development of new models of engineered tissues.
Main tasks and responsibilities / The successful candidate will develop research involving:
• Development of a new models of engineered tissues that could be used as advanced in vitro models in drug development, disease modeling and regenerative medicine applications.
Requirements for candidates:
• Master (MSc) Material Science, Chemistry, Biomaterials or related disciplines
• Previous experience in biopolymer synthesis and/or functionalization, soft materials characterization, polymerization processes and biomaterials will be a value.
• Previous experience in cell culture on biomaterials will be desirable.
• High level of English
• High motivation and ability to be involved in an international multidisciplinary team
• Competencies and skills: Communication, Teamwork, Proactivity, Commitment, Collegiality, Integrity, Critical and Analytical thinking
• Number of available positions: 1
• Starting date: From 1st July to 1st September 2019
• Working conditions:
o Full time 3-year contract. Salary will be commensurate with academic level and experience.
o Measures to reconcile work and family life (maternity and paternity leave, flexible schedule working hours, teleworking, 23 working days of paid holidays, 9 leave days for personal matters, among others).
• IBEC ensures equality of access to professional development opportunities irrespective of employment status, length at IBEC or other factors. The IBEC’s yearly training catalogue offers a wide range of training in technical and transferable skills.
• Stimulating, interdisciplinary research and high-quality international scientific environment.
• Induction programme to facilitate incorporation at IBEC and additional support is provided for foreigners to obtain Visa-working permit and to install in Barcelona.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should send their CV, cover letter and the contact of two referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org before 31/06/2019(Reference: PhD – EM).
Principles of the Selection Process:
Our Recruitment and Selection Policy is based on the OTM Strategy (Open, Transparent and Merit-based recruitment) www.ibecbarcelona.eu/jobs/ and accept applications without distinction on any grounds. Candidates with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. Our commitment to OTM-R principles can also be found in our Gender and Diversity plan.
Protection of personal data:
IBEC ensures that applicants’ personal data are processed as required by EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Spanish Law 3/2018 on Data Protection.
Personal data shall thus be processed solely for the purpose of the selection procedure.
Who we are?
The Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia, IBEC is an interdisciplinary research center focused on Bioengineering and Nanomedicine based in Barcelona. IBEC is one of the top research institutions named as a Severo Ochoa Research Centre by Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness (in charge of research and innovation policy in Spain), which recognizes excellence at the highest international level in terms of research, training, human resources, outreach and technology transfer.
IBEC’s mission is to develop international high-quality interdisciplinary research that, while creating knowledge, contributes to making a better quality of life, improving health and creating wealth. A close link with key universities, reference hospitals and corporations, are assets that facilitate achieving the mission.
IBEC was established in 2005 by the Generalitat de Catalunya (Autonomous Government of Catalonia), the University of Barcelona (UB) and the Technical University of Catalonia (UPC).
IBEC is located within the Barcelona Science Park and is managing 3.800 square meters facilities, 21 research groups and a team of researchers and support services of 300 people from 30 different countries. www.ibecbarcelona.eu
Ph D Position Available In A Collaborative Project On Bioink Fabrication For 3 D Printing, CIC biomaGUNE, Spain, 3 days ago
Applications are invited for a PhD student position, to work on a collaborative research project, to be carried out jointly at IIS Biodonostia and CIC biomaGUNE, two first class research centers l...
Two Postdoctoral Positions Inferring Complex Causality In Aging (# Of Pos: 2), Centre For Genomic Regulation, Spain, about 13 hours ago
The Institute The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) is an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, with more than 400 scientists from 44 countries. T...
Ph D Student | Physiology, VU university medical center (VUmc), Netherlands, 17 days ago
Within the department of Physiology at Amsterdam UMC, location VUmc, we focus on basic and translational research in the context of cardiovascular disease. In our group, we are particularly intere...
2 Postdoctoral Positions Available On Tumor Growth And Sers Detection, CIC biomaGUNE, Spain, 1 day ago
Two postdoctoral positions are available in the framework of the ERC-Advanced grant 4DbioSERS, GA nº 787510. The research, which will be carried out at CIC biomaGUNE, in San Sebastián (Spain), re...
Postdoctoral Position In Epithelial Stem Cell Biology, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, about 9 hours ago
The Department of Cell and Molecular Biology (CMB) is a department with a strong focus on basic science. CMB conducts research and education in cell biology, molecular biology, developmental biolo...
Ph D Position: Picoscopic Mass Analysis Of Mammalian Cells Progressing Through The Cell Cycle, ETH, Switzerland, 11 days ago
Job Type / Workload Academic: PhD Position 100% Workload 0 weekly jours Industry Education / Culture Functional Area Academic Research / Teaching Salary 0 / Entry date January 1, 1 Region Switzerl...