The Interdisciplinary Centre for Security, Reliability and Trust (SnT) invites applications from PhD candidates in the general area of Software Engineering. SnT is carrying out interdisciplinary research in secure, reliable and trustworthy ICT systems and services, often in collaboration with industrial, governmental or international partners.
The Centre is rapidly expanding its research activities and is seeking highly motivated PhD candidates who wish to pursue research in close cooperation with our partners. For further information, you may check: https://wwwen.uni.lu/snt/research/serval
PhD in Risk Analysis of Software Requirements Specification (m/f)
- Ref: 50015333
- Initial contract of 14 months, renewable for up to 36 months, with a further possible 1-year extension if required
- Full time (40 hours / week)
- Employee and student status
Full time PhD students are intended to work on the RASoRS project.
The subject of the thesis will be aligned with the project as he/she will carry out most of its parts. Therefore, the thesis PhD subject will be “Automated scalable techniques for goal-conflict identification and resolution”, with supervisors Dr. Mike Papadakis and Dr. Renzo Degiovanni. Successful PhD candidates will extensively explore and develop software engineering techniques that include the feasibility, practicality and success evaluation of prototype implementations.
The team you will be working with:
- Yves Le Traon: Group Leader
- Renzo Degiovanni: Co-advisor
- Mike Papadakis: Primary advisor
PhD Student Role: Under the direction of a professor, the candidate will carry out research activities and write a thesis with the main goal of obtain a PhD in the area of Software Engineering. This includes conducting literature surveys and establishing state-of-the-art; developing necessary experimental and simulation facilities where required; planning, executing, and analyzing experiments and simulations; conducting joint and independent research activities; contributing to project deliverables, milestones, demonstrations, and meetings; disseminating results at international scientific conferences/workshops and peer reviewed scientific publications.
For further information, please contact us at email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bachelor in Computer Science or related
- Master on a subject related to Informatics, or Software Engineering, or Computer Science, or Information Technology
- Strong background in software testing and formal methods applied to software engineering, such as, propositional/temporal logic, sat solving, model checking, etc.
- Strong analytical skills
- Industry experience in information and communication technology will be considered as an advantage
- Commitment, team working, a critical mind, and motivation are skills that are more than welcome
- Optional: knowledge of machine learning, metaheuristics, statistics, and text analysis
Language Skills: Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English are required.
The University offers highly competitive salaries and is an equal opportunity employer. You will work in an exciting international environment and will have the opportunity to participate in the development of a newly created university.
Applications, written in English should be submitted online and should include:
- Curriculum Vitae (including your contact address, work experience, publications)
- Cover letter indicating the research area of interest and your motivation
- Transcript of all courses and results from the highest university-level courses taken
- A short description of your Master’s work (max 1 page)
- If possible, contact information for 3 referees
All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
Deadline for applications: December 15th, 2019.
Ph D Position In Quantum Safe Verifiable Voting Schemes, University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg, 40 minutes ago
The University of Luxembourg is a multilingual, international research university. PhD Position in quantum-safe verifiable voting schemes Ref: 50016132 36 months initial contract, renewable up to ...
Ph D Position In Network Automation For Non Terrestrial Networks, University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg, 44 minutes ago
The University of Luxembourg is a multilingual, international research University. The Interdisciplinary Centre for Security, Reliability and Trust (SnT) invites applications from highly motivated...
Doctoral Candidate (Ph D Student) In Geography, University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg, 8 days ago
The successful candidate is expected to submit a PhD thesis after 3 years under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Birte Nienaber. He/she will: Conduct research in the frame of the PhD thesis; Write the...
Ph D Position In Physics Guided Learni Post Doc Png Algorithm In Control (1.0 Fte), University of Groningen, Netherlands, about 6 hours ago
Organisation Since its foundation in 1614, the University of Groningen has enjoyed an international reputation as a dynamic and innovative centre of higher education offering high-quality teaching...
Ph D Student Position In Supply Chain Planning In Digital Supply Chains, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden, about 7 hours ago
The Division of Supply and Operations Management is looking to hire a PhD student in supply chain planning with an interest in digital technology. Information about the division and the research T...
Doctoral Researcher (Ph D Student) In Law , University of Luxembourg ;, Luxembourg, 4 days ago
The Faculty of Law, Economics and Finance of the University of Luxembourg is recruiting a: Doctoral researcher (PhD student) in Law A specialisation is foreseen in Criminal Law Ref: F2-50011712 (t...