The Interdisciplinary Centre for Security, Reliability and Trust (SnT) invites applications from PhD candidates in the general area of Software Engineering. SnT is carrying out interdisciplinary research in secure, reliable and trustworthy ICT systems and services, often in collaboration with industrial, governmental or international partners.
The Centre is rapidly expanding its research activities and is seeking highly motivated PhD candidates who wish to pursue research in close cooperation with our partners. For further information, you may check: https://wwwen.uni.lu/snt/research/serval
PhD in Risk Analysis of Software Requirements Specification (m/f)
- Ref: 50015333
- Initial contract of 14 months, renewable for up to 36 months, with a further possible 1-year extension if required
- Full time (40 hours / week)
- Employee and student status
Full time PhD students are intended to work on the RASoRS project.
The subject of the thesis will be aligned with the project as he/she will carry out most of its parts. Therefore, the thesis PhD subject will be “Automated scalable techniques for goal-conflict identification and resolution”, with supervisors Dr. Mike Papadakis and Dr. Renzo Degiovanni. Successful PhD candidates will extensively explore and develop software engineering techniques that include the feasibility, practicality and success evaluation of prototype implementations.
The team you will be working with:
- Yves Le Traon: Group Leader
- Renzo Degiovanni: Co-advisor
- Mike Papadakis: Primary advisor
PhD Student Role: Under the direction of a professor, the candidate will carry out research activities and write a thesis with the main goal of obtain a PhD in the area of Software Engineering. This includes conducting literature surveys and establishing state-of-the-art; developing necessary experimental and simulation facilities where required; planning, executing, and analyzing experiments and simulations; conducting joint and independent research activities; contributing to project deliverables, milestones, demonstrations, and meetings; disseminating results at international scientific conferences/workshops and peer reviewed scientific publications.
For further information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com
- Bachelor in Computer Science or related
- Master on a subject related to Informatics, or Software Engineering, or Computer Science, or Information Technology
- Strong background in software testing and formal methods applied to software engineering, such as, propositional/temporal logic, sat solving, model checking, etc.
- Strong analytical skills
- Industry experience in information and communication technology will be considered as an advantage
- Commitment, team working, a critical mind, and motivation are skills that are more than welcome
- Optional: knowledge of machine learning, metaheuristics, statistics, and text analysis
Language Skills: Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English are required.
The University offers highly competitive salaries and is an equal opportunity employer. You will work in an exciting international environment and will have the opportunity to participate in the development of a newly created university.
Applications, written in English should be submitted online and should include:
- Curriculum Vitae (including your contact address, work experience, publications)
- Cover letter indicating the research area of interest and your motivation
- Transcript of all courses and results from the highest university-level courses taken
- A short description of your Master’s work (max 1 page)
- If possible, contact information for 3 referees
All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
Deadline for applications: December 15th, 2019.
Ph D Candidate In Waveform Design And Signal Processing For Multistatic Radars (M/F), University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg, about 20 hours ago
The University of Luxembourg is a multilingual, international research university. PhD candidate in Waveform Design and Signal Processing for Multistatic Radars(M/F) Ref: 50016015 / R-AGR-3558-10-...
Ph D Student In Theory And Implementation Of Dependently Typed Programming Languages (Ewi2020 01), Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, about 18 hours ago
PhD Student in Theory and Implementation of Dependently Typed Programming Languages Department/faculty: Faculty Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science Level: University Graduate ...
Ph D Students In Pervasive And Mobile Computing, Lulea University of Technology, Sweden, about 23 hours ago
The Luleå University of Technology (LTU) is recruiting two PhD Students with a focus on smart and immersive museum environments that may utilise augmented/virtual/mixed reality, multisensory inter...
Ph D Position In Hybrid Access For The Next Generation Internet, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 7 days ago
About the position The Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) has a vacancy for a 100% position as a PhD research fellow affiliated with the Department of Information Security and C...
Ph Ds In Control Engineering, Lulea University of Technology, Sweden, 4 days ago
The Control Engineering Group (CEG) at the department of Computer Science and Electrical and Space Engineering at Luleå University of Technology, is now looking for a 2 PhDs to our growing activit...
Ph D Candidate Within Machine Learning, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 22 days ago
About the position The Faculty of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) has a vacancy for a Computer Science PhD fellowship...