The University of Luxembourg is a multilingual, international research university.
The University of Luxembourg (UL) and Luxembourg Institute of Socio-Economic Research (LISER) invite applications for a:
DRIVEN PhD (Doctoral researcher) Fellow position (m/f)
as part of the DRIVEN Doctoral Training Unit (https://driven.uni.lu ), consisting of 19 doctoral candidates. DRIVEN is funded by the FNR PRIDE funding instrument https://www.fnr.lu/funding-instruments/pride/ .
You will be working as part of DRIVEN Doctoral Training Unit (DTU) funded by the FNR PRIDE scheme. The Computational and Data DRIVEN Science DTU will train a cohort of 19 Doctoral Candidates who will develop data-driven modelling approaches common to a number of applications strategic to the Luxembourgish Research Area and Luxembourg’s Smart Specialisation Strategies .
DRIVEN will build a bridge between state-of-the-art data driven modelling approaches and particular application domains, including Computational Physics and Engineering Sciences, Computational Biology and Life Sciences, and Computational Behavioural and Social Sciences.
The Computational Biology Group seeks a highly skilled and motivated Ph.D. student to work on an exciting project that aims to implement novel mathematical and computational methodologies, using machine learning and statistical analysis approaches, to design models for tissue regeneration. In particular, these models will be based on single cell RNA-seq data, and are intended to predict key genes and pathways for inducing regeneration in brain tissues with the purpose of designing cell therapy strategies for Parkinson’s disease. The selected candidate will perform single cell RNA-seq data processing, analysis, and modeling, and is expected to interact with experimental collaborators for validation of computational predictions.
Your lead supervisor will be Prof. Antonio del Sol.
Your primary tasks as a DRIVEN fellow are to:
* Manage and drive forward your research project.
* Attend doctoral school courses, trainings and social events.
* Write scientific articles and your PhD thesis.
* Disseminate your research at conferences and seminars.
* Master's degree in computer science, physics, engineering or a related discipline.
* Good English language skills.
* Willingness to work in an inter-cultural and international environment.
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
* Curiosity and self-motivation.
* A dynamic and well-equipped research environment.
* Intensive training in scientific and transferable skills, participation in schools. conferences and workshops.
* Enrollment as a PhD student in the DRIVEN Training Unit, within an appropriate UL doctoral school, e.g. Doctoral School of Science and Engineering.
* Personal work space at UL or LISER.
UL strives to increase the proportion of female PhD students in its faculties. Therefore, we explicitly encourage women to apply.
Before proceeding with the submission of your application, please prepare the following documents.
* Curriculum vitae (maximum two pages).
* Motivation letter (maximum two pages) detailing how you meet the selection criteria for the given research direction.
* Publication list (if any) and PDFs of those publications.
* Master’s thesis (final or draft, if draft, then state the expected submission date).
* Full contact details of two persons willing to act as referees.
* Copies of diplomas, transcripts with grades, with English, French or German translation.
All documents should be uploaded in PDF format via the online submission system (no applications via email, please). Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
Candidates will be shortlisted based on the criteria detailed above. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview and/or interviewed by phone.
Deadline for applications: 30/11/2019.
The University is an equal opportunity employer.
Ph D Scholarships In T Cell Recognition Of Neoantigens, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 15 days ago
2 PhD positions are available in the Section of Experimental and Translational Immunology (xTI), Division of Biopharma, Dept. of Health Technology, at the Technical University of Denmark (DTU). In...
Postdoctoral Position In Blood Engineering (Scholarship), Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, about 7 hours ago
Karolinska Institutet, Department of Medicine, Huddinge We are seeking a highly motivated and driven postdoctoral candidate to join the laboratory of Vanessa Lundin, who was recently recruited fro...
Ph D Position In Microbial Active Matter, University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg, about 20 hours ago
The University of Luxembourg is a multilingual, international research University. Luxembourg is a dynamic, multicultural country in the heart of Europe with a strong research and development base...
Doctoral Candidate In Psychology (M/F), University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg, 13 days ago
The University of Luxembourg is a multilingual, international research university. The University of Luxembourg invites applications for the following vacancy in its Luxembourg Centre for Educatio...
Postdoctoral Position Bioinformatics And Single Cell Genomics, Centre for Genomic Regulation, Spain, about 12 hours ago
The Institute The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) is an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, with more than 400 scientists from 44 countries. T...
Doctoral Candidate (Ph D Student) In Management (M/F) , University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg, about 21 hours ago
The University of Luxembourg is a multilingual, international research university. The Faculty of Law, Economics and Finance of the University of Luxembourg has an opening for a: Doctoral candidat...