The University of Luxembourg is a multilingual, international research University.
The Interdisciplinary Centre for Security, Reliability and Trust (SnT) invites applications from highly motivated PhD candidates in the general area of radio resource allocation for emerging wireless networks within its Signal Processing and Communications (SigCom) research group. SnT carries out interdisciplinary research in secure, reliable and trustworthy ICT systems and services, often in collaboration with industrial, governmental or international partners. For further information, you may refer to the following: www.securityandtrust.lu , and https://wwwen.uni.lu/snt/research/sigcom .
Doctoral candidate (PhD student): Emerging Technologies for Beyond 5G Wireless Networks (m/f)
- Ref: 50014035 / R-STR-5010-00-B
- Fixed-term contract up to 3 years in total, pending satisfaction of progress milestones (CDD), on full time basis (40hrs/week)
- Number of positions: 1
- Employee and student status
The successful candidate will join an internationally leading and motivated research group (SigCom) headed by Prof. Björn Ottersten and Prof. Symeon Chatzinotas in order to carry out doctoral research in one of the following topics:
- Network/resource slicing for Beyond 5G wireless networks
- Learning-assisted resource allocation for Beyond 5G wireless/IoT networks
- Distributed edge-intelligence for Beyond 5G wireless/IoT networks
- Latency minimization and reliability enhancement in Beyond 5G wireless networks
- Resource management and Interference mitigation in hybrid satellite-terrestrial networks
The position holder will be required to perform the following tasks:
- Carrying out research in the predefined areas
- Disseminating results through scientific publications
- Presenting results in the well-known international conferences and workshops
For further information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com .
The candidate should possess an M.Sc./M.Eng. degree or equivalent in Electrical/Electronic or Telecommunications Engineering.
Experience: The ideal candidate should have some knowledge and experience in some of the following topics:
- Signal processing for wireless communications
- Cross-layer resource allocation and scheduling
- Radio resource optimization in 5G/IoT networks
- Massive machine-type communications and Ultra-reliable low-latency communications
- Cellular Internet of Things (IoT): LTE-M and NB-IoT
- Satellite communications
and be familiar with the principles of
- Machine learning/Deep learning
- Optimization theory
- Linear algebra
- Statistical signal processing
Programming skills: MATLAB, Python or C++.
Language Skills: Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English are mandatory.
The University offers a Ph.D. study program with a Fixed Term Contract up to 3 years in total, pending satisfaction of progress milestones (CDD), full-time (40 hrs/week).
Applications should be written in English and should include:
- Full CV, including list of publications and names (and contact information including email addresses) of three references
- Transcript of all modules and results from university-level courses taken
- Research statement and topics of particular interest to the candidate (300 words).
All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
Deadline for applications: 31st of July, 2019
Early application is highly encouraged, as the applications will be processed upon reception. Please apply ONLINE formally through the HR system. Applications by email will not be considered.
The University of Luxembourg is an equal opportunity employer.
Doctoral Candidate (Ph D Student): Autonomous Orchestration And Management Of Beyond 5 G Wireless Networks (M/F), University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg, about 22 hours ago
The University of Luxembourg is a multilingual, international research University. The Interdisciplinary Centre for Security, Reliability and Trust (SnT) invites applications from highly motivated...
43481: Student Information Technology, Telecommunications, Mathematics Or Similar Communications Aspects For Blockchain Applications In The Internet Of Things, Helmholtz, Germany, 14 days ago
The Information Transmission Group of the Satellite Networks Department focuses on the design and the analysis of information transmission systems, with emphasis on the modulation, error control c...
Ph D (Doctoral Researcher) In Psychology (M/F), University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg, 15 days ago
The University of Luxembourg is a multilingual, international research university. The University of Luxembourg invites applications for the following vacancy in its Luxembourg Centre for Educatio...
Doctoral Candidate (Ph D Student) In Logistics And Supply Chain Management (M/F), University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg, about 22 hours ago
The University of Luxembourg is a multilingual, international research university. The Faculty of Law, Economics and Finance of the University of Luxembourg has an opening for a: Doctoral candidat...
Doctoral Candidate In Software Defined Ultra Dense 5 G Radio Communications, Aalto University, Findland, about 12 hours ago
Aalto University is a community of bold thinkers where science and art meet technology and business. We are committed to identifying and solving grand societal challenges and building an innovativ...
Doctoral Candidate (Engineering Science) Pride Ph D Fellow (M/F), University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg, about 22 hours ago
The Geophysics Laboratory focuses on four main research topics, climate variability, geodynamics, and regional processes. The main objectives are to develop reliable measurements of environmental ...