There are several PhD positions available within MagnEFi Innovative Training Network - Magnetism and the Effects of Electric Field . The consortium consist of both industrial and academic partners from Europe. Secondments (stays) at typically 3 partner institutions are planned.
INRIM: Modelling the impact of E-fields on magnetic interface phenomena
Location: Torino, Italy
Supervisor: Gianfranco Durin
Start date: early 2020
Duration: 3 years
Together with the position at USAL, this PhD position will complement the experimental projects of the consortium, focusing on the impact of the electrical fields on the phenomena occurring at the magnetic interfaces in nanostructures and multilayers. In particular, the goal is to understand the role of the electrical fields in changing the properties of the magnetic layer considering the effect of gate-induced charge accumulation, and of optical effects in case of all-optical control of magnetization and photo-induced strain. Theoretical analysis and simulations will consider these effects on the motion of domain walls and of skyrmion-bubbles. A general analysis of all the theoretical and experimental results obtained within the project will be performed using machine-learning and deep learning techniques.
The PhD student will be hosted at the INRIM Metrological Institute of Italy, and enrolled at the PhD in Physics of the Politecnico of Torino. At INRIM she/he will join the Magnetic Group which has a long tradition in the field of magnetism, and in particular in the study of the magnetization dynamics in bulk and nanostructures.
Paris Sud University (France), Aalto University (Finland), Spin-Ion (France)
- Be fluent in English
- Have not been a resident or have conducted your main activity (studies, work, etc.) for more than 12 months within the last three years in the PhD position’s host country.
- Be in the first four years of your research career. This is measured from the date you obtained a degree that allows you to enroll in a PhD program.
- Have not yet been awarded a doctoral degree
- MSc degree or equivalent in a subject with good bases in one or more of these or related topics: condensed matter physics, nanoscience, applied physics, material science, nanoelectronics
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, well developed interpersonal communication
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, willing to learn in a multicultural environment
- Strong attitude to tackle complex problems with large independence
- Solid background in condensed matter physics
- Good skills for scientific computing: writing code (C/C++, Python, CUDA) and using scientific applications
Postdoc Position In Experimental Condensed Matter Physics, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 5 days ago
Department: Department of Condensed Matter Physics – Faculty of Science Deadline: 29 Feb 2020 Start date: June 1st 2020 Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic invites excellent scientists to ap...
Postdoc Position In Experimental Condensed Matter Physics , Masaryk University, Czech, 4 days ago
Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic invites excellent scientists to apply for POSTDOC POSITION in experimental Condensed Matter Physics Description: We are seeking a Postdoctoral Research Ass...
Ph D Position In Electron Spin Resonance And Magnetometry On Magnetic Topological Materials (M/F/D), Leibniz, Germany, about 11 hours ago
The Leibniz Institute for Solid State and Materials Research Dresden – in short IFW Dresden – is a non-university research institute and a member of the Leibniz Association. The IFW employs approx...
Ph D Candidate In Superconducting Quantum Spintronics, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 5 days ago
About the position A PhD position is available at the Center of Quantum Spintronics which is part of the Department of Physics, NTNU in Trondheim, Norway. The candidate will join and become part o...
Postdoctoral Position In Bio Based Thermoplastic Elastomers, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, 3 days ago
(ref. BAP-2020-2) Laatst aangepast : 6/01/2020 This work will be carried out in the Renewable Materials and Nanotechnology research group (Department of Chemical Engineering) of Prof. Wim Thielema...
Postdoc Position In Neurogenetics And Neurochemistry Of Mental Disease, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 8 days ago
Department: Department of Biochemistry – Faculty of Science Deadline: 29 Feb 2020 Start date: The position is available from April 2020 Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic invites excellent ...