We are looking for a highly qualified and motivated researcher for a three-year Ph.D. position focusing on transcriptional regulation in mouse embryonic stem cells and primodial germ cells at the University of Iceland, Reykjavík. The project is supported by the Icelandic Research Council for three years. The applicant is expected to start no later than January 2022.
The studentship is in the Biomedical Center (www.lifvisindi.hi.is ) and is associated with the Faculty of Medicine and the Graduate Program in Molecular Life Sciences (GPMLS). The graduate program is a joint program between research groups at the University of Iceland and research organizations associated with the University. The main objective of GPMLS is to create a dynamic interdisciplinary educational program and to advance research and education in the field of molecular life sciences. The program offers research and education opportunities in a stimulating environment for students working towards MSc. or PhD.The PhD Position
The student will investigate transcriptional mechanisms in mouse embryonic stem cell fate commitment, with an emphasis on primordial germ cell specification, with the aim of generating a better understanding of molecular mechanisms of early embryonic development.
The approach will rely on directed differentiation and culture of mouse primordial germ cells in conjunction with assays such as chromatin immunoprecipitation coupled with mass spectrometry as well as high throughput sequencing , CRISPR-Cas9 based genome editing as well as classical molecular biological-, biochemistry- and cell biological techniques. Erna Magnúsdóttir, associate professor at the Faculty of Medicine, will be the project¿s supervisor. The group¿s website can be found at http://magnuslab.is/ .
- We are looking for an excellent student with a recently completed MSc degree in cell biology, biochemistry, or a related discipline.
- Good experience working on research in a laboratory setting using biochemistry, molecular biology and cell biology assays.
- Experience and skills in mammalian cell culture are required.
- Good Computer skills.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English is essential.
- The applicants need to be able to work independently and have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- The applicants must meet the requirements needed to enroll into the School of Health Sciences Ph.D. program.
Wages according to the current collective agreement by the Minister of Finance and Economic Affairs and the relevant trade union.
Please include the following with the application:
- A cover letter with a description of how the applicant meets the requirements, their interests in the project and how he/she can contribute to the project (max 2 pages).
- Curriculum Vitae
- Certificates of education (BS and MSc degree) and distribution of grades.
- The name, telephone number and e-mail address of two referrals (including their relationship to the applicant).
- Overview of publications.
- Applicants are also invited to send a PDF of their MS thesis (in any language) and any other relevant publications if available (max 5 documents).
Only complete applications will be considered. The salary for the position will be in accordance with the current collective wage and salary agreement between the trade union and the Minister of Finance. All applications will be answered, and applicants will be informed about the appointment when a decision has been made. Appointments to positions at the University of Iceland are made in consideration of the Equal Rights Policy of the University of Iceland. The University of Iceland has a special Language
Policy . Job percentage: 100%Application deadline until end of: 16.08.2021
More info provided by
Erna Magnúsdóttir -
Ph D Student Position (100%) In Cell Biology (Start Upon Agreement) , University of Basel, Switzerland, 27 days ago
The Department of Biomedicine (DBM) belongs to the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Basel, Switzerland. The DBM promotes basic and translational biomedical research at the highest internat...
Ph D Candidate (M/W/D), E13/65 % , Technical University of Munich, Germany, about 17 hours ago
11.10.2021, Wissenschaftliches Personal We are looking for a PhD candidate (m/w/d) who wants to employ cutting-edge single-cell fate mapping to decipher how CD4 T cells adapt to chronic infection ...
Biology Dept. Ta Positions, McGill University, Canada, 23 days ago
*Please note that, depending on current circumstances related to the pandemic, some Teaching Assistant tasks may be performed remotely or in person. Hiring Unit: Biology Department Course Title an...
Post Doctoral Researcher, Maynooth University, Ireland, about 10 hours ago
Maynooth University is seeking to recruit a post-doctoral researcher to work on a SFI-funded research project titled ‘The fabrication of conducting 2D layered graphene-like materials and their app...
Ph D Positions For Synthetic Biology Inspired Therapies , ETH Zurich, Switzerland, about 1 hour ago
In der aktuellen Covid-19 Situation laufen die Rekrutierungen weiter. Es kann dabei allerdings zu Verzögerungen kommen. Vielen Dank für Ihr Verständnis. 100%, Basel, fixed-term The Biotechnology a...
Ph D Position In Cellular Protein Biochemistry , Technical University of Munich, Germany, about 17 hours ago
02.10.2021, Wissenschaftliches Personal A PhD position is available in the laboratory for Cellular Protein Biochemistry at the Technical University of Munich (TUM) Department of Chemistry. Our lab...