The climate needs bright minds. The Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK) addresses crucial scientific questions in the fields of global change, climate impacts and sustainable development. It is one of the world's leading research institutions in its field and offers natural and social scientists from around the world an inspiring environment for excellent interdisciplinary research.
For a project within the working group Data-based analysis of climate decisions PIK is offering
a student assistant position (m/f/d)
in mathematics, statistics, economics, physics or related fields.
(Position number:22-2021-student assistant ImpactEE)
This position with a working time of 10-15 hours per week is envisaged to start in May 2021, and is funded until end of March 2022 with the option of prolongation if funding requirements are met. The current hourly rate for a student assistant with a Bachelor's degree is 12,37 € and 10,63 € without a Bachelor's degree.
The working group engages in the data-based research on impacts, decisions and global challenges pertaining to weather extremes, and cooperates with international partners. Within the project on the impacts of intensified weather extremes on Europe's economy (ImpactEE), the project team is looking for one enthusiastic student assistant with an interdisciplinary background in order to facilitate the research as well as the organizational work. In particular, the student assistant will support the team with data-related work, and assist the working group lead with project management tasks.
- assist with data collection, preparation, visualisation and analytical work
- support with administrative issues, outreach activities, website maintainance, and document preparation
- assist scientific research on project-related topics
- studying for a Bachelor's or Master's degree in mathematics, statistics, economics, physics or related fields, and at least 1 year of completed university coursework
- familiarity with data-related work (collection, processing, visualisation)
- strong quantitative skills (in particular statistics)
- strong interest in research on climate change, economics, and data analysis
- strong motivation to work on interdisciplinary topics and within an international, multicultural research team
- fluency in oral and written English (command of German, French or Spanish would be an advantage)
- programming experience is an advantage (e.g. Python, R, Stata)
- affinity to data-related work
- organisational talent
- capacity to familiarise yourself quickly with new topics, and work independently
- creativity and reliability as well as a high level of motivation
- good working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- the chance to be part of a creative, interdisciplinary team
- a stimulating working environment in an internationally recognised research institute on Potsdam's beautiful, historic Telegrafenberg campus, a short commuting distance from Berlin
- the possibility to partially work remotely
PIK seeks to increase the share of women in scientific positions and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply. In cases of equal qualification and within the given legal scope, women will be given preference. Applications by persons with a migration background are expressly encouraged. Applications of disabled persons with equal qualifications will be regarded favourably. PIK also encourages applications by parents returning from parental leave.
Applicants must be enrolled at a university. Moreover, applicants must already have a German income tax card (Lohnsteuerkarte) and a German social security card (Sozialversicherungsausweis).
Please include in your application a letter of motivation in English, copies of degree certificates including grades, a detailed curriculum vitae, and, if available, reference letters from previous jobs.
Please apply by 18.04.2021 directly using our application form .
For further information or to discuss the position please contact via email Mr. Maximilian Kotz (maxkotz(at)pik-potsdam.de ) or Mrs. Anja Bruhn (bruhn(at)pik-potsdam.de ).
Further information: https://www.pik-potsdam.de/en .
Doctoral Student (F/M/D) (75%) For The Ifo Center For Macroeconomics And Surveys, ifo Institute – Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, Germany, 22 days ago
For the ifo Center for Macroeconomics and Surveys we are looking for a PhD student in economics, with a focus on empirical methods of business cycle research, at the chair of the head of departmen...
Ph.D. Position In Public And Environmental Economics , University of Basel, Switzerland, 12 days ago
Ph.D. Position in Public and Environmental Economics The chair of Public Economics at the Faculty of Business and Economics, University of Basel, invites applications for a Ph.D. position in Publi...
Government Scholarships Programme Paraguay Becal Daad Master • Daad, DAAD, Germany, about 7 hours ago
Overview Eine Druckversion dieser Ausschreibung (PDF) steht Ihnen in den weiteren Registerkarten (z.B. „Bewerbungsvoraussetzungen“) zur Verfügung. A print version of this announcement (PDF) is ava...
Doctoral Research Fellowship In Spanish Language And Linguistics (Ref 198589), University of Oslo, Norway, 18 days ago
We invite proposals for a PhD research project on one of a wide range of topics in the area of word meaning and the relations between word meaning and morphology, syntax, compositional semantics a...
Ph D Position Automated Orchestration Of Distributed Energy System Model Workflows, Forschungszentrum Jülich, Germany, 21 days ago
Work group: IEK-3 - Techno-ökonomische Systemanalyse Area of research: PHD Thesis Job description: In order to address the climate change and achieve the internationally set climate targets, the e...
Ph D Position – Characterization Of Advanced Alkaline Water Electrolyzers, Forschungszentrum Jülich, Germany, 21 days ago
Work group: IEK-14 - Elektrochemische Verfahrenstechnik Area of research: PHD Thesis Job description: Our society`s transition to a sustainable energy system is an urgent and challenging task. It ...