For the President’s Research Group, the WZB Berlin Social Science Center is looking for a
Student Assistant (m/f/d)
to begin by June 1, 2021, initially for a duration of 12 months and with the possibility of renewal. The position is for 10-15 hours per week.
The WZB is a non-profit organization and a member of the Leibniz Association. The WZB engages in research of fundamental societal questions from the perspectives of different disciplines. It is one of the most renowned institutions in the field of social sciences. The scientists who work together at the institute come from such fields as sociology, political science, economics, law, and psychology. The findings of WZB research are directed at the science community, the interested public, and also experts dealing with political and economic issues, with media, and society.
Your tasks and duties
Supporting the research work of Dr. Jianghong Li in the fields of labor market, gender and family, and public health, specifically:
- Implementing statistical analyses
- Summarizing research results in tables and graphics
- Performing literature searches and reviews
- Organizing literature references using Endnote or other reference managers
- Other general research support duties as required
Your qualifications profile
- Advanced Bachelor, or Masters student in a social science discipline or in public health
- Fluent English language skills (written and oral);
- Ability to analyze quantitative data using Stata or other software programs (SPSS)
- Ability to portray results in tables and graphs
- Experience in literature search and review
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- A good working knowledge of German (written and oral)
- Knowledge of child health and development, and family research
- Good graphic skills
- Remuneration in accordance with TV Stud III of the state of Berlin (currently EUR 12.50 per hour)
- A well-equipped workplace in the center of Berlin
- International, cooperative, and diversified working environment
- In-depth integration into the scientific community in the form of colloquiums and conferences
- Thorough instruction and guidance
- Flexible working hours
- We promote a good work-life balance, and our engagement has been certified by audit workandfamily and the European Commission’s Human Resources Strategy for Researchers (HRS4R)
- Cafeteria with modern recreation rooms
Equally qualified applicants with disabilities will be given preference. We value diversity and welcome all applications – irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic or social origin, religion, disability, age, or sexual orientation. WZB expressly encourages women or persons with migration backgrounds to apply.
Job interviews will likely take place in the week starting on April 12, 2021.
Have we sparked your interest?
In that case, we are looking forward to receiving your online application by April 5, 2021.
For more information about the WZB, see www.wzb.eu .
Postdoctoral Position (F/M/D) (Institute For Numerical And Applied Mathematics) (Id 100866), Georg August University of Göttingen, Germany, about 17 hours ago
Einrichtung: Institute for Numerical and Applied Mathematics (ID 100866) Ansprechpartner: Prof. Thorsten Hohage Besetzungsdatum: 01.08.2021 Veröffentlichungsdatum: 02.06.2021 The Institute for Num...
Ph D Position (F/M/D) In Visualization And Visual Analytics, University of Cologne, Germany, 23 days ago
The University of Cologne is one of the largest and most research-intensive universities in Germany, offering a wide range of subjects. With its six faculties and its interfaculty centres, it offe...
Ph D Position (All Genders Welcome) (Collaborative Research Center Crc 1073 “Atomic Scale Control Of Energy Conversion” ) (Id 15574), Georg August University of Göttingen, Germany, about 17 hours ago
Einrichtung: Collaborative Research Center CRC 1073 “Atomic scale control of energy conversion” (ID 15574) Ansprechpartner: Prof. Dr. Inke Siewert Besetzungsdatum: 01.08.2021 Veröffentlichungsdat...
Ph D Position (All Genders Welcome) (Collaborative Research Center Crc 1073) (Id 15605), Georg August University of Göttingen, Germany, about 17 hours ago
Einrichtung: Collaborative Research Center CRC 1073 (ID 15605) Ansprechpartner: Prof. Dr. Jörg Behler Besetzungsdatum: 01.11.2021 Veröffentlichungsdatum: 23.06.2021 The Collaborative Research Cent...
Postdoc Position ‘Agroecosystems Modelling’ (All Genders Welcome) (Department Of Crop Sciences) (Id 15601), Georg August University of Göttingen, Germany, about 17 hours ago
Einrichtung: Department of Crop Sciences (ID 15601) Ansprechpartner: Prof. Dr. Rötter Besetzungsdatum: 01.09.2021 Veröffentlichungsdatum: 17.06.2021 The Department of Crop Sciences, Division Tropi...
Ph D Position In Environmental Dna And Archaeology (1.0 Fte), Utrecht University, Netherlands, about 11 hours ago
PhD position in environmental DNA and Archaeology (1.0 FTE) Job description We are seeking a PhD candidate as part of the NWA project ‘Constructing the limes: Employing citizen science to understa...