The Technical University of Munich
Location: Munich, Germany
Role: Research Associate (PhD Candidate)
Application Closing Date: 20 December 2022
The Technical University of Munich (TUM) is one of the best universities in Europe. Top performance in research and teaching, interdisciplinarity and talent promotion are what set it apart. In addition, there are strong alliances with companies and with scientific institutions around the world. The Chair of Integrated Product Design is part of the TUM School of Engineering and Design (ED) and the Department of Architecture. Centrally located in the heart of Munich, we teach and research in the fields of integrated product design, creative space, and interior design. Our focus is on the development, design, and investigation of spatial product-service systems with the aim of fostering creativity and supporting collaboration.
To expand our team, we offer the position of a Research Associate (PhD Candidate) at the Chair for Integrated Product Design
The full- or part-time position will be paid according to the Collective Agreement for the Civil Service of the Länder TV-L E13.
- Independent work on research projects in the thematic areas of integrated product design, creative space, creativity-enhancing learning environments, spatial knowledge management, neuroarchitecture, neuroergonomics, human-space-object interaction, hybrid workspaces, and office of the future.
- Publication in scientific journals and presentation at international conferences.
- Support in the preparation of research proposals
- Teaching activities
- Successfully completed university studies (master's degree, diploma) in design or a related relevant field (e.g. architecture, psychology, social sciences, computer science) with a strong design reference and experience in one of the above-mentioned research fields
- Strong interest in independently investigating scientific issues and working in an interdisciplinary and international team
- Excellent analytical skills
- Enjoy research and teaching
- Very good oral and written communication skills in English (German language proficiency is a plus but not mandatory)
- Proven expertise in at least one of the following areas: (1) analog and digital prototyping techniques (from woodworking to 3d printing), (2) knowledge of interaction design and openness to new technologies (physical computing, programming, eye-tracking, EEG measurement, AR/VR etc.), (3) design research, research-through-design, and scientific research methods (qualitative, quantitative)
- Good sense for formal aesthetics, material, and color
- Knowledge of common design software (Adobe CC), 3D visualization and MS Office is desirable.
- A full-time or part-time position as academic staff with the opportunity to pursue a doctoral degree at one of the most renowned universities in Europe. The position is initially for two years. It is possible, and also desired, to extend the term of the position.
- A dynamic and inspiring working environment in a success-oriented team
- The opportunity to gain, create, and teach knowledge about current issues in the field of creativity-supporting workspace design
- Payment will be based on the Collective Agreement for the Civil Service of the Länder (TV-L).
We look forward to receiving your complete documents (letter of motivation, CV, references, portfolio samples) by e-mail in a single PDF file (max. 8 MB) no later than 20.12.2022 to email@example.com .
For more information about the Chair of Integrated Product Design, please visit https://www.arc.ed.tum.de/ipd/ . If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact Prof. Katja Thoring at any time.
The full call can be found here: https://portal.mytum.de/jobs/wissenschaftler/NewsArticle_20221125_124206
Ph D Position Available For Topology Optimization And Machine Learning For The Design Of Multicomponent Struc Tures With Application In Robotics. , Technical University of Munich, Germany, about 17 hours ago
24.01.2023, Wissenschaftliches Personal We are offering a full-time position in our lab in Garching/Munich as Research & Teaching Assistant (m/f/d) for Topology optimization and machine learning f...
Ph D In Robotic Simulation In Construction , Technical University of Munich, Germany, about 17 hours ago
01.02.2023, Wissenschaftliches Personal The Chair of Computational Modeling and Simulation (CMS) at the Technical University of Munich invites applications for the position of a Research Assistant...
Ph D "Defining Intestinal Microbiota Orchestrating Immune Tolerance To Intervene With Allergic Reactions To Food And Beyond" At Klinikum Rechts Der Isar, Within The Collaborative Research Centre (Crc) 1371 , Technical University of Munich, Germany, about 17 hours ago
Direkt zum Inhalt springen Login Register | Support Help Documentation Suche de | en MyTUM-Portal Technical University of Munich Technical University of Munich Home News News Calendar Calendar Impo...
Ph D Position (M/F/D) In Mathematics (Discrete Optimization) , Technical University of Munich, Germany, about 17 hours ago
28.01.2023, Wissenschaftliches Personal A PhD position (75% TV-L E13) in the area of Discrete Optimization is available at the TUM Campus Straubing for Biotechnology and Sustainability (TUMCS). Th...
Ph D Student In Advanced Signal/Image Analytics In Clinical Optoacoustics (F/M/D) , Technical University of Munich, Germany, about 17 hours ago
Chair of Biological Imaging 12.01.2023, Wissenschaftliches Personal We now seek a highly qualified and motivated PhD student (f/m/d) to drive the development of an advanced signal and image analys...
Ph D Student "Deep Learning For Longitudinal Mr Image Analysis In Multiple Sclerosis Patients" , Technical University of Munich, Germany, about 17 hours ago
13.01.2023, Wissenschaftliches Personal In close collaboration between the Lab for AI in Medicine (Prof. Dr. Daniel Rueckert) and the Dept. of Neuroradiology (PD Dr. Benedikt Wiestler), we are off...