Over the past decade, research in the Hyman lab has focused on intrinsically disordered proteins (IDPs) and their ability to phase separate. After investigating how liquid-liquid phase separation is involved in centrosomal organization of the C. elegans embryo, we are now addressing the control mechanism of phase separation specifically to coiled coil proteins. As a protein expert, you will also provide a resource platform involving purification of standard lab proteins, teaching and troubleshooting protein production for collaborative projects, in and outside of the lab.
This position is affiliated to a 3-year Wellcome Trust grant for working on the Centrosome Organization together with Prof. Jordan Raff’s lab at the University of Oxford, UK.
Salary and social benefits will be in accordance with the regulations of the German TVöD Bund (salary agreement for public service employees). The contract will be initially limited for 3 years with the possibility of extension.
Working at the MPI-CBG offers many advantages due to well-established in-house scientific facilities. Interdisciplinary research coupled to a highly communicative environment are the key success of our institute. In a survey conducted by The Scientist, the MPI-CBG was ranked number one for institutions outside of the United States for postdocs.
- Candidates have a PhD degree in biochemistry, molecular biology, cell biology or a related field
- Strong experience in protein purification is essential
- Candidates are able to work in a multidisciplinary research environment
- Experience in in vitro assays as well as general lab skills
- Excellent English communication skills (written and oral)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience with IDPs and/or coiled coil proteins
- Experience with insect cell expression
- Applicants show excellent work ethic
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to train others
Applications should include:
- Cover letter indicating the motivation to apply for this position
- CV including a publication list
- A short description of previous research accomplishments
- Contact details of at least 2 approachable academic referees
This material should be submitted via our online application system stating Code 2020-PostDoc-1030 in your application letter at:
This full-time position is available immediately and applications will be reviewed on receipt. The position will be kept open until filled.
The Max Planck Society strives for gender and diversity equality. We welcome applications from all backgrounds.
Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics
01307 Dresden, Germany
Researcher Position Part Time On The Characterization Of The Israa Protein 50%., Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, about 16 hours ago
Division The Department of Laboratory of Medicine, located in Campus Flemingsberg, is one of the Karolinska Institutet’s largest departments with 6 research divisions including the Division of Bio...
Ph D Student In The Laboratory Of Neurodegeneration, International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw, Poland, 5 days ago
Laboratory of Neurodegeneration at the International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology (IIMCB), Warsaw, headed by Prof. Jacek Kuźnicki is looking for PhD student. You will join the project e...
Researcher Position, FUNDACION PROFESOR NOVOA SANTOS, Spain, 3 days ago
- Knowledge about rheumatic and metabolic diseases. - Knowledge in the area of clinical analysis - Experience in: Collection of biological samples. Preservation, processing and recovery protocols....
Ph D Student Position On Streptococcus Pneumoniae 100%, Starting 1st October 2020, For Four Years., ETH, Switzerland, 17 days ago
favorite_border Job Type / Workload Academic: PhD Position 100% Workload 0 weekly jours Industry Education / Culture Functional Area Biology Salary CHF 0 / Entry date October 1, 2020 per Date Regi...
Ph D Candidate, University of Crete, Greece, 1 day ago
Bachelor in Biology from domestic Universities or equivalent from foreign Universities recognized by DOATAP MSc in Biochemistry, Cell Biology or respective fields Confirmed PhD candidate by submit...
Postdoc Position(S) Available In The Organoid Models Of Regeneration And Disease , ShanghaiTech University ;, China, 7 days ago
ShanghaiTech University - Lab at the iHuman Institute The newly launched ‘Organoid Models of Regeneration and Disease’ lab at iHuman Institute, ShanghaiTech University is actively seeking highly m...