Einrichtung: JFB Institute of Zoology and Anthropology (ID 15900)
Ansprechpartner: Prof. Dr. Stefan Scheu
Besetzungsdatum: ab sofort
The JFB Institute of Zoology and Anthropology at the University of Göttingen is offering a
Postdoc position in the Animal Ecology Group(w/m/d)
The position will be limited to 3 years with the possibility for prolongation for another 3 years and will be filled as soon as possible. Salary: Pay grade 100 % TV-L 13 of German state regulated public service salary scale.
• Establishing an independent research group focusing on the ecology and evolution of soil animals (e.g., protists, nematodes, micro- and macroarthropods).
• Establish and use molecular techniques to investigate the genetic structure of soil animal species.
• Interest and experience in molecular genetic/genomics methods and automation, including NGS/HTS.
• Experience in the analysis of molecular data sets, preferably both from a phylogenetic and an ecological perspective.
• Cooperative and collaborative leadership style
• Supervise molecular ecology laboratory.
• Contribute to teaching animal ecology in German and English at the BSc and MSc level including BSc courses in soil animal biodiversity and ecology (4 contact hours).
• Initiate new research projects and supervise BSc, MSc and PhD candidates.
• Develop own research ideas and further qualification (habilitation).
• Master and PhD in zoology, ecology or evolution.
• Research focus on invertebrates and strong interest in evolutionary processes in soil animal species.
• Knowledge in statistics and advanced skills in data analysis using R.
The University of Göttingen is an equal opportunities employer and places particular emphasis on fostering career opportunities for women. Qualified women are therefore strongly encouraged to apply in fields in which they are underrepresented. The university has committed itself to being a family-friendly institution and supports their employees in balancing work and family life.The mission of the University is to employ a greater number of severely disabled persons. Applications from severely disabled persons with equivalent qualifications will be given preference.
Please send your application in electronic form by January 31, 2022 to Prof. Dr. Stefan Scheu, JFB Institute of Zoology and Anthropology, University of Göttingen, Untere Karspüle 2, 37073 Göttingen, Phone 0551 / 39-25445, E-Mail firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions please contact Prof. Dr. Stefan Scheu at email@example.com .
We request that you send your application documents as single pdf file. We will dispose the documents after a holding period of 3 months.
With submission of your application, you accept the processing of your applicant data in terms of data-protection law. Further information on the legal basis and data usage is provided in the Information General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Ph D Position In Functional Macroecology Of Island Birds (M/F/D) , Technical University of Munich, Germany, about 10 hours ago
20.01.2022, Wissenschaftliches Personal In the scope of the Research Unit “DynaCom - Spatial community ecology in highly dynamic landscapes: from island biogeography to metaecosystems” funded by t...
Two Ph D Candidates In Automated Detection And Genetics Of Social Behaviours In Pigs And Laying Hens, Wageningen University & Research, Netherlands, 8 days ago
Do you have a strong background in genetics, statistical genetics, biology or another quantitative field? Are you fascinated by animal science and technology? And did you graduate outside the doma...
Ph.D. Position (M/F/D), Leibniz, Germany, about 13 hours ago
The German Primate Center (DPZ) - Leibniz Institute for Primate Research is one of 96 research and infrastructure establishments of the Leibniz Association. It conducts basic biological and biomed...
Fachbereich Biologie, Chemie, Pharmazie Institut Für Biologie Neurophysiologie Ph D Position (M/F/D) (Subject To Approval Of Funds) With 50%Part Time Job Limited To 3 Years Entgeltgruppe 13 Tv L Fu Reference Code: Usv 3 R Bewerbungsende: 14.02.2022, Free University of Berlin, Germany, about 9 hours ago
The research group “Neurophysiology” (Prof. Koch) investigates the neuronal basis of processing acoustic stimuli and vocal communication in various mouse models. During social interactions, mice e...
Doctoral Candidate At The University Of Potsdam And Max Planck Institute For Evolutionary Biology (Germany), University of Potsdam and Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Biology (Germany), United States, 16 days ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencyUniversity of Potsdam and Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Biology (Germany)LocationPloen (Germany)Job ...
Graduate Student Data Analytic Tools For Grassland Management, South Dakota State Universtiy, United States, 9 days ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencySouth Dakota State UniverstiyLocationBrookings or Rapid City, SDJob CategoryGraduate AssistantshipsSalaryTui...