‘Forschungsgesellschaft für Arbeitsphysiologie und Arbeitsschutz e.V. Dortmund’ (legal entity name) is a research institution institutionally funded by the German Federal Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs and the State of North Rhine-Westphalia. It is the sponsor of ’Leibniz Research Centre for Working Environment and Human Factors at TU Dortmund’ (IfADo). IfADo explores the risks and potentials of modern work in interdisciplinary approaches. We combine the disciplines of Ergonomics, Immunology, Toxicology, Psychology and Neurosciences.
The Department of “Ergonomics” is looking for a
Post-Doctoral researcher (m/f/d)
in the field of Cognitive Modelling / Data Mining / Machine Learning/Computational Neuroscience
for the next possible date. The Position is limited to 3 years.
We are looking for an enthusiastic candidate who enjoys to integrate data from diverse sources for the understanding of human behavior. Therefore, the candidate should be able to plan and execute neuroscientific research projects in the field of cognitive modelling, model-based evaluation and simulation of cognitive and bioelectrical phenomena.
What we expect:
- a completed degree in psychology, cognitive science, computer science, statistics, biology, or mathematics and a very good doctorate in one of these fields
- Knowledge of recent mathematical and statistical methods (including AI) is required
- Knowledge of methods in the field of EEG is desirable
- A full-time position with currently 39.83 working hours per week
- Remuneration according to the collective agreement for the public service (position EG 13 TV-L. The classification depends on the collective agreement and personal requirements)
- All social benefits provided by working for the public service: e.g. an annual bonus, payment of benefits
- Promotion of professional development
- Outstanding research infrastructure and technical support [simulation laboratories, EEG (mobile and stationary), stress laboratory, fMRI, non-invasive brain stimulation]
- A positive working environment in a supporting team
- flexible working time models for the compatibility of family and career
- An interesting, responsible, and varied workplace
- Attractive region with many cultural activities
The IfADo promotes professional equality for all genders and is certified accordingly. We are also committed to diversity and actively promote equal opportunities for all employees.
Applications from severely disabled persons will be given preference, provided they are otherwise equally qualified.
For further information, please contact Prof. Dr. Edmund Wascher, Phone: +49-231 1084-362, wascher(at)ifado.de .
Have we aroused your interest?
Then please send your application with the usual documents (curriculum vitae, references, copies of certificates, list of grades, list of publications) by 26.9.21 preferably by mail to bewerbung(at)ifado.de .
Alternative, we will accept your application by mail to the following address:
Forschungsgesellschaft für Arbeitsphysiologie und Arbeitsschutz e.V.
We ask that application documents be submitted preferably by email or only in copies and not in folders, as the documents will not be returned. These will be destroyed in accordance with data protection regulations after the retention period has expired.
General information about the Research Centre can be found here www.ifado.de .
Ph D Position (Doctoral Researcher) (F/M/X, 75%), Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH), Germany, 29 days ago
To conduct a research project co-financed by the Leibniz Association, the Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH) – Member of the Leibniz Association is offering a PhD Position (Doctoral Resea...
Ph D Candidate On The Topic Of “Multi Scale Semantic Understanding Of The Built Environment” , Technical University of Munich, Germany, about 6 hours ago
12.10.2021, Wissenschaftliches Personal The TUM Professorship for Data Science in Earth Obervation is seeking a full-time PhD candidate on the topic of “Multi-scale Semantic Understanding of the ...
Ph D Candidate On The Topic Of “Ai Based Hydrodynamic Modeling” , Technical University of Munich, Germany, about 6 hours ago
12.10.2021, Wissenschaftliches Personal The TUM Professorship for Data Science in Earth Observation is seeking a full-time PhD candidate on the topic of “AI-based hydrodynamic modeling”. For our t...
Ph D Candidate On The Topic Of “Automatic Recognition Of Building Attributes” , Technical University of Munich, Germany, about 6 hours ago
12.10.2021, Wissenschaftliches Personal For our team, we are looking for a full-time PhD candidate on the topic of “Automatic Recognition of building attributes”. For our team, we are looking for ...
Research Associate / Ph D Student, TECHNISCHE UNIVERSITAT DRESDEN (TU DRESDEN), Europe, 19 days ago
At TU Dresden, Faculty of Psychology, Institute of General Psychology, Biopsychology and Methods of Psychology, the Chair of Biopsychology offers a position as Research Associate / PhD Student (Su...
Doctoral Student (M/F/D) , Technical University of Munich, Germany, about 6 hours ago
30.09.2021, Wissenschaftliches Personal The Leibniz Institute for Food Systems Biology at the Technical University of Munich (Leibniz- LSB@TUM) is a research institution of the Leibniz Association...