The INM – Leibniz Institute for New Materials in Saarbrücken, Germany, is an internationally leading center for materials research, with a particular focus on biomaterials and biointerfaces, and their exploitation for medical applications. We are seeking PhD students with a background in biology, biochemistry, biophysics, chemistry or physics to join our “Immuno-Materials” group and work on the development of advanced synthetic cell systems for applications at the intersection of cancer immunotherapy and immunoregulatory materials.
INM’s research group Immuno-Materials investigates how microscale cell-like materials can be formed such that they combine multiple life-like functionalities and can be integrated into living systems. For this we apply organoid cultures, bottom-up synthetic biology and microfluidics to reconstitute immunoregulatory processes for therapeutic applications. In our new projects Synthetic Tumor Immune Microenvironments and Synthetic Lymphatic Tissues we invite applications for threePHD students (f/m/d) on development of new synthetic cell composites for immunotherapy
positions starting on November 1st 2023 (with some flexibility).
- Design and characterize synthetic cell models with immunological properties.
- Investigate immunoregulatory interactions between synthetic cells, cancer cells and immune cells.
- Develop new strategies to culture tumor organoids for immunotherapeutic purposes.
- Investigate the activation of primary human immune cells by synthetic cell materials.
- Master’s degree in biology, biochemistry, biophysics, chemistry, physics, or a related field.
- Interest and possibly experience in biohybrids, synthetic biology or organoid culture.
- Previous experience with cell culture, advanced light microscopy imaging, electron microscopy or transcriptome profiling is beneficial.
- Very good communication and writing skills and thorough command of the English language. German language skills are beneficial but no required.
You will work
- on scientifically interesting and technically relevant challenges in a motivated research group that collaborates with leading researchers and institutions.
- in an institute that supports you to perform high-quality research and to present and publish your research results.
- in an interdisciplinary and international institute with excellent infrastructure.
- at the heart of the Greater Region (Germany, France, Luxemburg, Belgium).
- a comprehensive benefits package (flexible working hours, mobile working, company pension scheme) with a 3-year contract based on TV-L E13 60% remuneration with the possibility to increase based on transparent performance criteria.
Interested? We are looking forward to receive your application (motivation letter and CV, if possible one reference letter) by September 30th, 2023. Please send it via e-mail (single pdf file < 5 MB) to Dr. Oskar Staufer: E-mail: info.IMM@leibniz-inm.de , Reference: “PhD: Immuno Materials”
The INM practices an open and appreciative corporate culture in which the existing diversity is promoted and lived. The institute is an equal opportunity employer with a certified family-friendly policy, and it provides offers for a better work-life balance, flextime, and mobile working. We promote professional opportunities for women and strongly encourage them to apply. Severely disabled applicants with equal qualifications and aptitude will be given preferential consideration.
Ph D Position: Gene Regulatory Network Inference From Multi Omics Data, Heidelberg University, Germany, 14 days ago
16 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Heidelberg University Research Field Computer science Researcher Profile First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Germany Application Deadline 31 Jan 20...
Ph D Student Position In The Laboratory Of Cellular Genomics, International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw, Poland, 3 days ago
27 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company International Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw Department Laboratory of Cellular Genomics Research Field Biological sciences » Bio...
Ph D Student Position In Formulating Delivery Vehicles For Cartilage Recovery, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden, 6 days ago
23 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Chalmers University of Technology Research Field Chemistry » Applied chemistry Researcher Profile First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Sweden Applic...
Ph D Student Position In Formulating Delivery Vehicles For Cartilage Recovery, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden, about 16 hours ago
We are offering a truly interdisciplinary early-stage research experience where you will work at the interface of cell biology and material development. You will actively interact with diverse sci...
Ph D Position Interactions Between The Host And Gut Commensals, University Medical Center Utrecht (UMC Utrecht), Netherlands, about 17 hours ago
29 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company University Medical Center Utrecht (UMC Utrecht) Research Field Medical sciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Country Netherlands A...
Postdoc / Ph D Position: Causal Inference From Single Cell Data, Heidelberg University, Germany, 14 days ago
16 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Heidelberg University Research Field Computer science Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Germany App...