PhD-Studentships: Deterministic Entangled Photon Sources built using Semiconductor Quantum Dot Molecules
The chair for Semiconductor Nanostructures and Quantum Systems (SNQS) at the Walter Schottky Institut (WSI - Prof. Dr. J. J. Finley) is looking for a doctoral student (m/f/d) to work in the field of deterministic entangled photon sources built using III-V semiconductor quantum dot nanostructures. The position is based at the Walter Schottky Institut, an interdisciplinary central research institute of the Technical University of Munich. The studentship are for limited period of 3-years with possible extensions. The research is funded by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) within the PhotonQ project (www.photonq.de ). The successful candidates will join our close-knit team of researchers working on:
- The growth of semiconductor samples consisting of III-V quantum dot (QD) and QD-molecule (QDM) nanostructures emitting in the telecommunications C and O-bands.
- Numerical photonic design + device fabrication in the WSI shared nanofabrication facilities.
- Exploration of optically addressable single and few spin qubits using low-temperature quantum optical methods.
- Development of deterministic sources of quantum light for applications in photon-based quantum information processing.
What we expect from you: Candidates are expected to hold a M.Sc. degree in physics, electrical engineering, materials science or similar with outstanding academic record and should possess exceptional motivation and creativity combined with very good communications skills and proficiency in English (oral and written). A strong background in quantum physics, opto-electronics and photonics of semiconductor-based nanostructures both experimentally and theoretically is an advantage. Knowledge of state-of- the-art nanofabrication methods, advanced optical spectroscopy, and numerical photonic simulation is considered an asset.
What we offer you:
- A vibrant research environment that provides you with the opportunity to perform curiosity driven and applied research as part of an international team.
- High level training in semiconductor growth, nanofabrication, optical spectroscopy, quantum optical and nanoanalytical characterization techniques.
- Research towards PhD qualification at a leading German University.
- A vibrant research environment that includes leading researchers drawn from the DFG Cluster of Excellence Munich Center for Quantum Science and Technology (www.mcqst.de ), Munich Quantum Valley (www.munich-quantum-valley.de ) as well as industrial and academic collaboration partners at the universities of Stuttgart, Mainz and Würzburg.
Interested applicants should submit their application via email including a one-page letter of motivation, CV including transcript of records and names of 3-referee’s and an electronic copy of your MSc thesis to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please mark your application PhD-QDM Applicant.
Deadline for applications is 28.2.22. Envisaged start dates April – September 2022.
Ph D Student Position (M/F/D), Leibniz, Germany, about 2 hours ago
The Leibniz-Institut für Kristallzüchtung (IKZ) is a leading research institution in the area of science & technology as well as service & transfer of crystalline materials. Our goal is to enable ...
Ph D Studentship Opportunity Toward A Quantum Leap In Optical Sensing: Developing A Novel Optical Sensor With Fluorophores On Dna Origami , University of Surrey ;, United Kingdom, 19 days ago
Quantum sensing is a quantum technology that utilises a quantum mechanical system, quantum properties or quantum phenomena for measuring a physical quantity with unprecedented sensitivity, which c...
Postdoctoral Position For Quantum Gravity/Quantum Chaos, String theory/QFT/Mathematical Physics, China, about 6 hours ago
Position ID:Institute of Theoretical Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences -String theory/QFT/Mathematical Physics -PDCHAOS [#20441] Position Title: Position Type:Postdoctoral Position Location:Be...
Postdoc Positions In Driven Quantum Matter, Department of Theoretical Physics, Slovenia, about 6 hours ago
Position ID:IJS -F1 -QERA [#21172] Position Title: Position Type:Postdoctoral Position Location:Ljubljana, SI-1000, Slovenia [map ] Subject Area: Condensed Matter Physics / Condensed Matter The...
Ph D Positions In Experimental Quantum Physics, University of Amsterdam (UvA), Netherlands, about 11 hours ago
Are you a eager to build state-of-the-art experiments and use them to explore quantum physics in a lively, international group? Our Strontium Quantum Gases Group is looking for ambitious PhD stud...
Ph D Student In Diamond Semiconductor Physics, Uppsala University, Sweden, about 23 hours ago
Published: 2022-04-28 Uppsala University is a comprehensive research-intensive university with a strong international standing. Our ultimate goal is to conduct education and research of the highe...