The INM – Leibniz Institute for New Materials in Saarbrücken, Germany, is an internationally leading center for materials research, a scientific partner to national and international research institutions, and a research and development provider for numerous companies throughout the world. The INM is a member of the Leibniz Association and has about 250 employees.
The INM Energy Materials Group explores the high performance lithium-ion and sodium-ion battery materials. In our DFG-funded HEROES project, we develop electrospun hybrid electrodes that do not require binder or additives. We seek aPh.D. student (f/m/d) for electrospinning of high-performance lithium- and sodium-ion battery electrodes
Desired starting date: August 1st, 2023 (or sooner), salary level E13 TV-L 60% (with potential increase during the project), contract limited to three years (with possible extension). As a Ph.D. student, you would graduate from Saarland University.
- Synthesis and characterization of electrospun battery electrodes.
- Oxidation and sulfidatation of the electrospun electrodes.
- Electrochemical characterization for battery applications and electrocatalysis.
- Leading efforts related to experimental work, data analysis, and publications.
- Support of the overall scientific work of synergetic nanomaterial research.
- Communication and collaboration with academic and industry partners.
- M.Sc. in chemistry, materials science, energy materials, or a related field.
- Experience with battery materials and electrospinning.
- Experience with electrochemical methods and material characterization.
- Ability to work as a member of an international, multi-disciplinary team.
- Excellent communication and writing skills, thorough command of the English language. German language knowledge is very beneficial.
- An exciting position in a dynamic research team that interacts with leading international researchers and industrial partners.
- A unique opportunity to research on pioneering methods for spherogel synthesis and electrochemical applications.
- Strong support to perform high-quality research and to present and publish your research results (journals, conferences).
- An interdisciplinary and international workplace with excellent infrastructure.
- A comprehensive benefits package (flexible working hours, mobile working, company pension scheme).
Interested? Want to know more? Just contact us!
We are looking forward to receiving your application (CV, a complete list of publications, one-page motivation letter, at least two letters of reference) by July 1st , 2023. Please send one single pdf file < 5 MB to Prof. Presser via email to the following address: volker.presser(at)leibniz-inm.de (Reference “PhD:SPHERO”).
The INM practices an open and appreciative corporate culture in which the existing diversity is promoted and lived. The institute is an equal opportunity employer with a certified family-friendly policy, and it provides offers for a better work-life balance, flextime, and mobile working. We promote professional opportunities for women and strongly encourage them to apply. Severely disabled applicants with equal qualifications and aptitude will be given preferential consideration.
INM - Leibniz-Institute for New Materials gGmbH
Campus D2 2 in DE - 66123 Saarbruecken, Saarland, Germany
Prof. Dr. Volker Presser
Head of Energy Materials Group
Ph D Student (F/M/D) On Synthetic Cell Composites For Immunotherapy, Leibniz Institute for New Materials, Germany, 9 days ago
11 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Leibniz Institute for New Materials Research Field Biological sciences Researcher Profile First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Germany Application D...
Ph D In The Design Of Cathode Electrolyte Interphases For Durable And Safe High Energy Density Lithium Ion Batteries, Uppsala universitet, Sweden, 1 day ago
15 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Uppsala universitet Department Uppsala University, Department of Chemistry - Ångström Laboratory Research Field Chemistry Researcher Profile First ...
Ph D Position On Electrochemical Battery Materials Modeling, Politecnico di Torino, Italy, 13 days ago
7 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Politecnico di Torino Department Energy Department Research Field Engineering » Computer engineering Engineering » Materials engineering Researcher ...
Ph D In The Design Of Cathode Electrolyte Interphases For Durable And Safe High Energy Density Lithium Ion Batteries, Uppsala University, Sweden, about 10 hours ago
Published: 2023-09-13 The Department of Chemistry - Ångström conducts research and education in the chemistry field. The department has more than 270 employees and has a turnover of 290 million S...
Ph D Student In Computational Mechanics, Fracture Modelling Of Batteries, Uppsala University, Sweden, about 10 hours ago
Published: 2023-08-28 PhD student in Computational Mechanics: fracture modelling of batteries over length and time scales at the Department of Applied Mechanics, Department of Materials Science a...
Ph D/Postdoc Position In Silicon Anode Materials, Institute of Physics of the Czech Academy of Sciences, Czech, 29 days ago
23 Aug 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Institute of Physics of the Czech Academy of Sciences Research Field Chemistry » Physical chemistry Chemistry » Other Physics » Applied physics Phy...