The INM – Leibniz Institute for New Materials in Saarbrücken, Germany, is an internationally leading center for materials research, a scientific partner to national and international research institutions, and a research and development provider for numerous companies throughout the world. The INM is a member of the Leibniz Association and has about 250 employees.
The INM Energy Materials Group explores the high performance lithium-ion and sodium-ion battery materials. In our DFG-funded HEROES project, we develop electrospun hybrid electrodes that do not require binder or additives. We seek aPh.D. student (f/m/d) for electrospinning of high-performance lithium- and sodium-ion battery electrodes
Desired starting date: August 1st, 2023 (or sooner), salary level E13 TV-L 60% (with potential increase during the project), contract limited to three years (with possible extension). As a Ph.D. student, you would graduate from Saarland University.
- Synthesis and characterization of electrospun battery electrodes.
- Oxidation and sulfidatation of the electrospun electrodes.
- Electrochemical characterization for battery applications and electrocatalysis.
- Leading efforts related to experimental work, data analysis, and publications.
- Support of the overall scientific work of synergetic nanomaterial research.
- Communication and collaboration with academic and industry partners.
- M.Sc. in chemistry, materials science, energy materials, or a related field.
- Experience with battery materials and electrospinning.
- Experience with electrochemical methods and material characterization.
- Ability to work as a member of an international, multi-disciplinary team.
- Excellent communication and writing skills, thorough command of the English language. German language knowledge is very beneficial.
- An exciting position in a dynamic research team that interacts with leading international researchers and industrial partners.
- A unique opportunity to research on pioneering methods for spherogel synthesis and electrochemical applications.
- Strong support to perform high-quality research and to present and publish your research results (journals, conferences).
- An interdisciplinary and international workplace with excellent infrastructure.
- A comprehensive benefits package (flexible working hours, mobile working, company pension scheme).
Interested? Want to know more? Just contact us!
We are looking forward to receiving your application (CV, a complete list of publications, one-page motivation letter, at least two letters of reference) by July 1st , 2023. Please send one single pdf file < 5 MB to Prof. Presser via email to the following address: volker.presser(at)leibniz-inm.de (Reference “PhD:SPHERO”).
The INM practices an open and appreciative corporate culture in which the existing diversity is promoted and lived. The institute is an equal opportunity employer with a certified family-friendly policy, and it provides offers for a better work-life balance, flextime, and mobile working. We promote professional opportunities for women and strongly encourage them to apply. Severely disabled applicants with equal qualifications and aptitude will be given preferential consideration.
INM - Leibniz-Institute for New Materials gGmbH
Campus D2 2 in DE - 66123 Saarbruecken, Saarland, Germany
Prof. Dr. Volker Presser
Head of Energy Materials Group
Ph D Position – Simulation Based Development Of High Voltage Cathode Materials For Na Ion Batteries, Forschungszentrum Jülich, Germany, about 10 hours ago
Your Job: Background and project description: Sodium-ion batteries are the most promising replacement for currently-used lithium-ion batteries owing to the lower price and availability of sodium s...
Progetto Erc Consolidator Grant ‘Hynanostore H Ybrid Nan Ostructured Systems For Sustainable Energy Sto Rag E’; Progetto N.: 101045746 Cup B57 G22001120006, CNR Institute of Nanotechnology, Italy, 11 days ago
21 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company CNR Institute of Nanotechnology Department Sede di Lecce Research Field Physics » Applied physics Researcher Profile First Stage Researcher (R1) Co...
Ph D Student (All Genders Welcome), Georg August University of Göttingen, Germany, about 14 hours ago
PhD student (all genders welcome) At the University of Göttingen -Public Law Foundation-, Geographisches Institut, there is a position as PhD student (all genders welcome) Entgeltgruppe 13 TV-L/75...
The Saarbrücken Graduate School Of Computer Science, Max Planck Institutes, Germany, 32 minutes ago
The Saarbrücken Graduate School of Computer Science provides an optimal environment for pursuing doctoral studies in computer science at an internationally competitive level. As a student, you und...
Ph D Position On Deep Learning For Imaging Problems In The Machine Learning And Information Processing Group , Technical University of Munich, Germany, 1 day ago
03.11.2023, Wissenschaftliches Personal The Professorship of Machine Learning at the Department of Computer Engineering at TUM has an open position for a doctoral researcher (TV-L E13 100%, 3-4 ye...
Phd In Low Dimensional Physics (M/F/D) & Ph D In Ultrafast Physics (M/F/D), Osnabrueck University, Germany, 3 days ago
28 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Osnabrueck University Department Physics Research Field Physics » Applied physics Researcher Profile First Stage Researcher (R1) Country Germany Ap...