For any questions, do not hesitate to ask:
Prof. Dr. Esther Gera Cornelia Troost Tel.: +49 351 458 2394,
Mrs. Kathrin Adamek-Genschmar
Mrs. Beate Beger Tel.: +49 351 458 7432
Place of work:
31 October 2019
English / German
Job-Id: 115/2019 (886)
The HZDR is committed to equal opportunity employment and we strongly encourage applications from qualified female candidates. We also carefully consider all applications from job candidates with severe disabilities.
Bautzner Landstraße 400
A member of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers, the HZDR employs about 1,200 people. The Center's focus is on interdisciplinary research in the areas energy, health and matter.
At the Institute of Radiooncology – OncoRay scientists specializing in medicine, physics, biology and IT work together to substantially improve the treatment of cancer by administering radiation therapy that is biologically personalized and technically optimized.
As part of the Institute, the Department of Image-guided Radiooncology, invites applications as PhD Student (m/f/d) - Microscopic analysis of treatment-related changes following radio(chemo)therapy.
The position will be available from 1st January 2020. The employment contract is limited to three years.
- This PhD project will investigate tissue changes occurring during and after radio(chemo)therapy on a mic Project description: With the advent of multimodal imaging during the course of fractionated radiotherapy, treatment adaptation is increasingly being introduced. Meanwhile, knowledge about the tumor response, e.g., volumetric shrinkage, is limited. Therefore, we strive to assess the tumor and its microenvironment prior to, possibly during and after the course of radio(chemo)therapy. Apart from tumor biopsies, tumor resection specimen are to be assessed microscopically and the findings correlated with medical imaging, i.e., CT, MRI, PET, obtained prior to acquisition of the histological specimen. Apart from the analysis of tumor resection specimen already available, the accrual of new patients for these studies, as well as supervising the logistics, is part of the respondibilities. The position should result in a doctoral dissertation at the end of the project time.
- We are looking for a team player with a strong interest in research and development in radiation oncology.
- Formal admission requires a very good Master's or equivalent degree in biology, biomedical sciences, or computer science, preferably with specialization in the field of tumor biology, morphological techniques, medical multimodal image acquisition, and their respective analyses. Demonstrable experience with scientific programming and image processing is a prerequisite.
- The PhD student will work in the Image-Guided High-Precision Radiotherapy group at the Institute of Radiooncology - OncoRay of the HZDR in Dresden. Ongoing research projects of the Institute cover all major areas of photon and proton/ion beam radiation therapy, including image-guided adaptive treatment planning, radiation biology, medical physics, clinical studies in radiation therapy as well as quality assurance.
- The project is further supported by an interdisciplinary group of scientists and clinicians from the Section of Translational Radiobiology and the Institute of Immunology of the Technische Universität Dresden
- high scientific professional networking as well as scientific excellence
- internationality and diversity
- interesting and diverse tasks, flexible working hours, salary based on the collective agreement TVöD-Bund
- equality of opportunity and family-friendly structures, corporate health management
- attractive work and research terms in a highly motivated team
Kindly submit your completed application (including cover letter, CV, diplomas/transcripts, etc.) only via our Online-application-system.
Online applicationEnglish / German
Fully Funded Ph D Positions In Imaging And Data Science In Berlin, Max Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine (MDC), Germany, 19 days ago
<p>*Fully-funded PhD positions in Imaging and Data Science in Berlin* iNAMES - a newly established German-Israeli Helmholtz International Research School for Imaging from the NAno to the MESo, a j...
Fully Funded Doctoral Positions (Ph D Track Or Md Track) At The Berlin School Of Integrative..., Charité BSIO Berlin School of Integrative Oncology, Germany, 25 days ago
*The Berlin School of Integrative Oncology (BSIO) is currently accepting applications for: Fully-funded doctoral positions (PhD track or MD track)* The BSIO is a joint graduate school of the Chari...
Two Independent Group Leader Positions In Biomedical Mass Spectrometry, Max Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine (MDC), Germany, 29 days ago
The CHARITÉ UNIVERSITÄTSMEDIZIN BERLIN, one of the largest and most research intensive university hospitals in Europe, and the MAX DELBRÜCK CENTER FOR MOLECULAR MEDICINE (MDC) in Berlin, a leading...
15 Ph D Student Positions In Parasitology In Berlin, Free University of Berlin (FU Berlin), Germany, 6 days ago
<p>The Research Training Group 2046 is a German Research Foundation (DFG)-financed Berlin-based doctoral program for research in <strong>parasitology, veterinary medicine, and immunology</strong>....
Ph D Position On The Evolution Of Neural Circuits Guiding Navigation Behavior In Drosophila And..., Freie Universität Berlin, Germany, 23 days ago
A PhD student (65% E13) position is available in the laboratory of Prof. Mathias Wernet at the division of Neurobiology of the Free University of Berlin, Germany, to contribute to our ongoing rese...
Ph D Position On Geological Characterization Of Aquifer Thermal Energy Storage, Helmholtz-Zentrum Potsdam - Deutsches GeoForschungsZentrum GFZ, Germany, 2 days ago
Area of research: PHD Thesis Job description: The Helmholtz Centre Potsdam - GFZ German Research Centre for Geosciences is the national centre for geosphere research. As a member of the Helmholtz ...