The INM – Leibniz Institute for New Materials in Saarbrücken, Germany, is an internationally leading center for materials research, a scientific partner to national and international research institutions, and a research and development provider for numerous companies throughout the world. The INM is a member of the Leibniz Association and has about 250 employees.
The INM Energy Materials Group, in collaboration with the InnovationCenter INM, explores the application of novel nanomaterials with a specific focus on the rapidly growing 2D material family of MXene.
We seek a
Ph.D. student (m/f/d)
in the field of MXene synthesis
Desired starting date: November 1st, 2021, salary level E 13 TV-L 50% (with potential increase during the project), contract limited to three years (with possible extension).
- Synthesis and characterization of MXene with tailored composition (solid solutions)
- Surface functionalization of MXene for tailored properties
- Interfacial material characterization for bio-relevant applications and properties
- Electrochemical characterization for battery applications
- Leading efforts related to experimental work, data analysis, and publications
- Support of the overall scientific work of synergetic nanomaterial research
- Communication and collaboration with academic and industry partners
- M.Sc. in chemistry, materials science, or a related field
- Experience with MXene and/or synthesis of 2D materials
- Experience with electrochemical methods and material characterization
- Ability to work as a member of an international, multi-disciplinary team
- Excellent communication and writing skills, thorough command of the English language. German language knowledge is beneficial but no prerequisite
- An exciting position in a dynamic research team that interacts with leading researchers and industrial partners
- A unique opportunity to research on pioneering methods for MXene synthesis
- Strong support to perform high-quality research and to present and publish your research results (journals, conferences)
- An interdisciplinary and international workplace with excellent infrastructure
- A comprehensive benefits package (flexible working hours, mobile working, company pension scheme)
Interested? Want to know more? Just contact us!
We are looking forward to receiving your application (CV, a complete list of publications, one-page motivation letter, at least two letters of reference) by September 1st, 2021. Please send one single pdf file <5 MB to Prof. Presser via email to the following address volker.presser(at)leibniz-inm.de (Reference “PhD: MX”).
The INM is an equal-opportunity employer with certified family-friendly policy. We promote professional opportunities for women and strongly encourage them to apply. Severely disabled applicants with equal qualification and aptitude will be given preferential consideration.
INM - Leibiz-Institut für Neue Materialien gGmbH
Campus D2 2
Prof. Dr. Volker Presser, Head of Energy Materials, volker.presser(at)leibniz-inm.de
Ph D Position (Doctoral Researcher) (F/M/X, 75%), Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH), Germany, 9 days ago
To conduct a research project co-financed by the Leibniz Association, the Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH) – Member of the Leibniz Association is offering a PhD Position (Doctoral Resea...
Ph D Position, University of Würzburg, Germany, 20 days ago
PhD position in the Protein Stability and Cancer group at the Comprehensive Cancer Center/Mildred-Scheel Junior Research Center University of Würzburg, Germany Applications are invited for a PhD p...
12 Fully Funded Ph.D. Positions, Max Planck Institute for Biology of Ageing, Cologne, Germany, 19 days ago
Job Code: Job Offer from September 02, 2021 The Cologne Graduate School of Ageing Research (CGA) in Germany is a joint venture of the University of Cologne Excellence Cluster on Stress Responses i...
Group Leaders, Postdocs And Ph D Students (F/M/D), University Hospital Tuebingen, Netherlands, 10 days ago
Please include in your application within one PDF file: Cover letter outlining how you meet the requirements for the position, which techniques/methods you would like to be involved in, relevant d...
Group Leaders, Postdocs And Ph D Students (F/M/D), University Hospital Tuebingen, Netherlands, about 1 hour ago
Please include in your application within one PDF file: Cover letter outlining how you meet the requirements for the position which techniques/methods you would like to be involved in relevant det...
4 Positions As Doctoral Researcher (F/M/D) (# Of Pos: 4), University of Cologne, Germany, 23 days ago
4 Positions as Doctoral Researcher (f/m/d) ERC Advanced Grant Project „Rewilding the Anthropocene“ The University of Cologne is one of the largest and most research-intensive universities in Germa...