The INM – Leibniz Institute for New Materials in Saarbrücken, Germany, is an internationally leading center for materials research, a scientific partner to national and international research institutions, and a research and development provider for numerous companies throughout the world. The INM is a member of the Leibniz Association and has about 250 employees.
The INM Energy Materials Group, in collaboration with the InnovationCenter INM, explores the application of novel nanomaterials with a specific focus on the rapidly growing 2D material family of MXene. We seek a
Ph.D. student (m/f/d)
in the field of MXene synthesis
Desired starting date: March 1st, 2022, salary level E 13 TV-L 50% (with potential increase during the project), contract limited to three years (with possible extension).
- Synthesis and characterization of advanced MXene (complex chemical composition, solid solutions)
- Surface functionalization and hybridization of MXene for tailored properties
- Electrochemical characterization for battery applications
- Leading efforts related to experimental work, data analysis, and publications
- Support of the overall scientific work of synergetic nanomaterial research
- Communication and collaboration with academic and industry partners
- M.Sc. in chemistry, materials science, or a related field
- Experience with MXene and/or synthesis of 2D materials
- Experience with electrochemical methods and material characterization
- Ability to work as a member of an international, multi-disciplinary team
- Excellent communication and writing skills, thorough command of the English language. German language knowledge is beneficial but no prerequisite
- An exciting position in a dynamic research team that interacts with leading researchers and industrial partners
- A unique opportunity to research on pioneering methods for MXene synthesis
- Strong support to perform high-quality research and to present and publish your research results (journals, conferences)
- An interdisciplinary and international workplace with excellent infrastructure
- A comprehensive benefits package (flexible working hours, mobile working, company pension scheme)
Interested? Want to know more? Just contact us!
We are looking forward to receiving your application (CV, a complete list of publications, one-page motivation letter, at least two letters of reference) by January 31st, 2022. Please send one single pdf file <5 MB to Prof. Presser via email to volker.presser(at)leibniz-inm.de (Reference “PhD: MX”).
The INM is an equal-opportunity employer with certified family-friendly policy. We promote professional opportunities for women and strongly encourage them to apply. Severely disabled applicants with equal qualification and aptitude will be given preferential consideration.
INM - Leibniz-Institute for New Materials gGmbH
Prof. Dr. Volker Presser
Head of Energy Materials
Campus D2 2 in 66123 Saarbruecken, Saarland, Germany
Ph D Position Modelling Human Brain Development At The Cellular Level, Jülich Research Centre (FZJ), Germany, 21 days ago
Work group: INM-1 - Strukturelle und funktionelle Organisation des Gehirns Area of research: PHD Thesis Job description: We are seeking a PhD trainee to join the Multiscale Neuroanatomy team ( htt...
Ph D Position Systems Neuroscience, Jülich Research Centre (FZJ), Germany, 15 days ago
Work group: INM-3 - Kognitive Neurowissenschaften Area of research: PHD Thesis Job description: Researchers at the Cognitive Neuroscience department of the Institute of Neuroscience and Medicine (...
Ph D Student (F/M/D) Organic Synthesis On Polymer And Or Biopolymers , Technical University of Munich, Germany, about 15 hours ago
19.05.2022, Wissenschaftliches Personal The new Chair of Biogenic Functional Materials at TUM Campus Straubing for Biotechnology and Sustainability is looking for a "PhD student (f/m/d) organic sy...
Ph D Student (F/M/D) For Chemistry Of Protein And Polymers To Enhance Bio Phosphors Applied To Energy Related Devices , Technical University of Munich, Germany, about 15 hours ago
19.05.2022, Wissenschaftliches Personal The new Chair of Biogenic Functional Materials at TUM Campus Straubing for Biotechnology and Sustainability is looking for a "PhD student (f/m/d) for chemis...
Ph.D. Student In Bioinformatics And/Or A Wet Lab Biologist With Computational Background , Technical University of Munich, Germany, about 14 hours ago
02.05.2022, Wissenschaftliches Personal To strengthen our team, we are looking for a highly motivated Ph.D. student in bioinformatics and/or a wet-lab biologist with computational background About...
Postdoctoral Position In Virology, University of Würzburg Graduate Schools, Germany, 18 days ago
Post-doctoral Position in Virology (Würzburg, Germany) We are seeking a postdoctoral researcher (Postdoc) to work on herpes simplex virus 1 (HSV-1) latency and reactivation in human neurons using ...