Research in our group is focused on the transport and sensing of nutrients, on genotypic factors determining nutrient efficiency in plants, and stress adaptions of primary metabolism. We combine molecular and metabolic approaches to investigate morphological and physiological responses of plants to abiotic stress situations and aim at identifying key processes and underlying genes crucial for nutrient acquisition and the maintenance of metabolism.
In frame of the EU-funded joint research project "CATCH-BNI " ("Improved nitrogen use efficiency in agriculture by catch crops as producers of biological nitrification inhibitors"), the release of biological nitrification inhibitors by catch crops and their influence on nitrogen efficiency of spring wheat in a field experiment will be investigated.
- You will learn and establish a nitrification inhibition assay
- You will characterize biological nitrification inhibitors of different plant species using non-targeted metabolite analysis
- In a field trial you will analyze the influence of catch crops on the nitrification inhibition potential of the soil and the nitrogen efficiency of various spring wheat lines
- You will present the results achieved at conferences and will publish them in scientific journals
You fit to us:
- ... if you enjoy working with plants and like to work in an interdisciplinary manner
- ... if you have excellent communication skills, also in English
- ... if the flexible and independent organization of your work is not a problem and working accurately and reliable is of course for you
Your qualifications and skills:
- You hold a Master’s degree in agricultural sciences, biology, biochemistry or related fields
- You have a background in plant physiology or bio-chemistry and are familiar with nutrient cycles in plants and soil
- Practical knowledge in laboratory methods in molecular biology and analytics, in field experiments and in statistical evaluations as well as a car driver's license are desirable
We offer you:
- … work in an international research project with training stay in Great Britain
- … support from and cooperation with competent colleagues
- … a part-time position (65%) limited to 36 months with a standard salary up to TV-L E 13
- … an entry from 1st April 2021 on or later
If you need further information, please feel free to contact Prof. Dr. Nicolaus von Wirén, Tel.: +49 (0) 39482 5602 directly.
What you need to know:
For us, your qualifications and strengths count. Therefore, everyone – independent from gender, origin, age, or possible disability – is welcome. The IPK is striving to increase the proportion of women in sectors where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages qualified women to apply. As an institution which has been awarded the Certificate for Career and Family (“berufundfamilie”), we offer family-friendly working conditions and flexible working hours. The IPK has set a goal to employ more people with disabilities. Qualified applicants with a disability will be given preference.
We are looking forward to receive your complete application (letter of motivation, CV, certificates) as one single pdf-document until 16.3.2021 via online-application (http://www.ipk-gatersleben.de/en/job-offers/ ).
If you have questions or require more information, please do contact Ms. Stefanie Dreßler (jobs(at)ipk-gatersleben.de ).
Please indicate the reference number 10/02/21 in your correspondence. Please note that incomplete application documents cannot be considered.
2 Postdoc Positions (F/M/D) – Plant Meiosis/Reproduction (# Of Pos: 2), Leibniz-Institute for Plant Genetics and Crop Plant Research, Germany, 6 days ago
The research group Meiosis is interested in the process of plant meiosis that generates genetic variation through homologous recombination that,is harnessed in plant breeding. To support our team...
Doctoral Position (F/M/D) In Computational Biology And Machine Learning (E13/65 %) , Technical University of Munich, Germany, about 5 hours ago
24.03.2021, Wissenschaftliches Personal The Institute for Medical Microbiology, Immunology and Hygiene (MIH) at the Technical University of Munich is looking for a doctoral candidate (f/m/d) to jo...
Ph D Lettuce Genetics, Wageningen University & Research, Netherlands, 13 days ago
Have you (almost) graduated with a MSc in Plant Science or Plant Biotechnology? Are you interested to explore an academic career in science or industry? Do you want to contribute to improving our ...
Ph D Position (F/M/D) In The Collaborative Research Center 1218 | Corrado Lab, University of Cologne, Germany, 13 days ago
The University of Cologne is one of the largest and most research-intensive universities in Germany, offering a wide range of subjects. With its six faculties and its interfaculty centres, it offe...
Ph D And Post Doc Positions In 3 D Machine Learning / 3 D Vision (Prof. Dai) , Technical University of Munich, Germany, about 5 hours ago
22.03.2021, Wissenschaftliches Personal The 3D AI Lab at the Technical University of Munich is looking for highly motivated PhD students and PostDocs at the intersection of computer vision, machin...
Ph D Candidate In Non Invasive Glucose Sensing (F/M/D) , Technical University of Munich, Germany, about 5 hours ago
19.04.2021, Wissenschaftliches Personal At CBI we are now looking for a highly qualified and passionate PhD candidate (f/m/d) to drive the development of non-invasive glucose sensing by means our ...