PhD student (f/m/d)
Facility: Department of Forest Economics and Sustainable Land Use Planning
Contact person: Prof. Carola Paul
0551 39 26762
Date of filling: 01.01.2024
Application deadline: 08.10.2023
The Department of Forest Economics and Sustainable Land Use Planning in close cooperation with the Chair of Entrepreneurship and Innovation is recruiting a
PhD student (f/m/d)
to work on the EU funded (HORIZON-RIA) project “Small4Good” (subject to funding allocation).
The position is to be filled by January 1, 2024 and is funded for three years. The salary is based on the German public service grade TVL-E13 (65% of a regular working week, corresponding to 25,87 hours per week). The position is intended to serve the qualifications of scientists and offers the possibility of doctoral studies. Part-time work is possible.
You have a forestry background and curiosity for entrepreneurship?
You have a background in business administration or entrepreneurship and curiosity for sustainable forestry across Europe?
What we offer
• We offer an interdisciplinary PhD opportunity at the interface of Forestry and Entrepreneurship
• Inspiring research environment in an international and interdisciplinary research consortium with partners across Europe
• The overall research project “Sustainable multifunctional management by small-forest owners in support of bioeconomy, biodiversity and climate” aims at developing multifunctional management and business models for small-forest owners financially enabled by payments for ecosystem service schemes and supported by digital solutions to improve the management capacity and engagement of small-scale forest owners. The research builds on a living lab approach in Norway, Germany/Switzerland, Spain and Romania.
• The specific work package will involve actor and business model analyses in the living labs, application of network analyses and institutional economic theory to identify obstacles and potentials of different business models and institutional settings. The project will involve participatory co-creation and prototyping. Close cooperation and contribution to other work packages such as investigating motivation of forest owners, simulation of silvicultural practices and development of an Agent-based model are planned.
• Master’s degree in the field of Forest or Agricultural Sciences, Entrepreneurship, Management Studies, Business Administration, or Economics (rated with at least a “good” result)
• Enthusiasm for research at the interface of forest economics and entrepreneurship and eager to engage in the topic of small-forest owners
• First experiences in the field of: Small-scale forest ownership, qualitative research, entrepreneuship, entrepreneurial ecosystems, business models, institutional economics, network analyses or bio-economic modelling
• Methodological experience in either qualitative research or bio-economic modelling of forest management and/or agent-based/network models (and command of a programming language) is a plus
• Eager to carry out qualitative and quantitative analyses in the four living labs and willingness to travel several weeks per year
• Spoken and written proficiency in English is a prerequisite.
The University of Göttingen is an equal opportunities employer and places particular emphasis on fostering career opportunities for women. Qualified women are therefore strongly encouraged to apply as they are underrepresented in the field. The university has committed itself to being a family-friendly institution and supports their employees in balancing work and family life. The university is particularly committed to the professional participation of severely disabled employees and therefore welcomes applications from severely disabled persons. In the case of equal qualifications, preference is given to applications from people with severe disabilities. A disability or equality is to be included in the application in order to protect the interests.
The job is generally suitable for part-time work.
Please send your application (a letter of motivation with the usual documents) in electronic form as one compiled pdf document to firstname.lastname@example.org by 08.10.2023.
Information about our department and research orientation can be found at https://www.uni-goettingen.de/felap and https://uni-goettingen.de/en/649751.html
For further inquiries, please contact Prof. Dr. Carola Paul (phone: 0551 39-26762, email@example.com )
With submission of your application, you accept the processing of your applicant data in terms of data-protection law. Further information on the legal basis and data usage is provided in the https://www.uni-goettingen.de/en/Information General Data Protection Regulation
Ph.D. Studentship In Forest Economics, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Sweden, about 5 hours ago
The Department of Forest Economics is engaged in research and education in circular bioeconomy with focus on business administration, natural resource economics, economics, and policy, with a part...
Ph D Position Understanding The Solar Induced Fluorescence (Sif) Signal Of Tree Canopies From Remote Sensing Data, Forschungszentrum Jülich, Germany, about 3 hours ago
Your Job: IBG-2 plays a globally leading role in retrieving and interpreting solar-induced fluorescence (SIF) measured with imaging and non-imaging sensors at different spatial scales (from leaf u...
Ph D Position React (Ecology Focus), Wageningen University and Research Center, Netherlands, about 13 hours ago
Your job Are you passionate about nature-based solutions that work for both people and nature? Do you aspire to contribute to cutting-edge research in the field of forest and landscape restoration...
Ph D Student In Building Technology With Specialization On Design And Modelling Of Engineered Wood Products, Linnaeus University, Sweden, 11 days ago
23 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Linnaeus University Research Field Technology » Other Technology » Construction technology Researcher Profile First Stage Researcher (R1) Country S...
Ph D Student In Building Technology With Specialization On Design Of Wood Based Building Systems, Linnaeus University, Sweden, 11 days ago
23 Nov 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Linnaeus University Research Field Technology » Construction technology Technology » Other Researcher Profile First Stage Researcher (R1) Country S...
Ph D Student In Interactions Between Plant And Soil Microbiome In Future Forests 100% (F/M/D), Swiss Federal Institute for Forest, Snow and Landscape Research WSL, Switzerland, about 14 hours ago
2 Dec 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Swiss Federal Institute for Forest, Snow and Landscape Research WSL Research Field Biological sciences » Botany Environmental science » Ecology Agri...