20.11.2020, Wissenschaftliches Personal
We seek a Junior Research Fellow in close collaboration with the Center for Combined Smart Energy Systems (CoSES) to take research in the area of “control of battery storage and vehicle-to-grid in a microgrid environment”
The research team “Stationary Energy Storage Systems” at the Institute for Electrical Energy Storage Technology offers a PhD position. We seek a
Junior Research Fellow in close collaboration with the Center for Combined Smart Energy Systems (CoSES) to take research in the area of
“control of battery storage and vehicle-to-grid in a microgrid environment”. The employment may start at the earliest February 1st 2021. The initial
employment will be for 2 years with possibility of extension. Salary is in accordance with the German State Regulated Public Salary Scale (TV-L
The Institute for Electrical Energy Storage Technology (EES - www.ei.tum.de/ees/startseite/) research focus lies in characterization, modelling and simulation
of battery storage systems. Within the institute, the team for stationary energy storage systems (SES) investigates the technical and economic
feasibility of stationary storage for behind the meter and front of meter applications. The focus of the CoSES Research Center lies in modeling,
control and operation of multi-energy systems. CoSES operates a microgrid laboratory where different control approaches can be validated in
realistic conditions. The candidate will become part of both, the SES team and the CoSES team, and investigate the linkage of different types of
lithium-ion based battery storage systems to electric vehicle charging stations through simulation, test, and validation tasks. It is envisioned to setup
on the existing hardware at the CoSES lab and expand these towards new technical capabilities which may and shall include various of the
tasks listed in the following.
• Creating a mathematical framework for optimal control of hybrid battery storage systems through analytical correlation based on performance
and degradation models for state-of-art battery systems.
• Simulation of energy management strategies (EMS) suitable for conducting coordinated V2G charging: Scenarios tested shall monitor and
supervise local PV generation, battery storage through building integrated storage and coordinated charging of the electric vehicle.
• Linkage of existent charging stations with an EV to conduct unidirectional V2G control.
• Coordination of an acquisition process to install a bidirectional charging outlet at the CoSES lab.
• Charging station hardware emulation and integration with the previously designed EMS strategies at the CoSES lab.
• Parametrization and validation of simulations through iterative field tests at the CoSES lab.
• Teaching obligation and willingness to support the self-administration at the EES institute.
• Master-degree in electrical/mechanical engineering, computer science, physics or equivalent with excellent grade.
• Strong technical background in modelling of energy storage systems (languages: Python and MATLAB),
• Strong background in embedded systems. Preferable previous experience with LabVIEW.
• Lab experience with battery storage systems and as well as practical knowledge in EMS control highly desired.
• General interest in vehicle-to-grid technologies and sound knowledge of the state-of-art literature in the field.
• Excellent German language skills (written and oral).
• Excellent English language skills (written and oral)
• Teaching experience beneficial.
• CV; Brief statement of scientific interests and motivation.
• Transcripts for bachelor- and master-level studies.
• List of two relevant references.
The application materials should be sent as ONE PDF file with the subject line “Application V2G” to firstname.lastname@example.org. Evaluation of applications
may start immediately, the main application deadline is December 15th 2020.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, TUM explicitly encourages applications from women as well as from all others who would
bring additional diversity dimensions to the university's research and teaching strategies. Preference will be given to disabled candidates with essentially
the same qualifications.
In case you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact Dr. Holger Hesse or Dr. Vedran Peric.
Data Protection Information:
When you apply for a position with the Technical University of Munich (TUM), you are submitting personal information. With regard to personal information, please take note of the Datenschutzhinweise gemäß Art. 13 Datenschutz-Grundverordnung (DSGVO) zur Erhebung und Verarbeitung von personenbezogenen Daten im Rahmen Ihrer Bewerbung. (data protection information on collecting and processing personal data contained in your application in accordance with Art. 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)). By submitting your application, you confirm that you have acknowledged the above data protection information of TUM.
Kontakt: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Ph D Position Inorganic Ultra Rich Composite Electrolytes For High Performance Solid State Batteries..., CNRS, Spain, 25 days ago
DEADLINE: 17/01/21 Grading institution: Universitat Duisburg-Essen – GERMANY / Recruiting organisation: CIDETEC, Basque Research and Technology Alliance (BRTA), Donostia-San Sebastián - SPAIN / Ho...
Phd Stipend In Coordinated Control And Protection Of Wind Turbine Converters And Grid Interface (14..., Aalborg University, the Faculty of Engineering and Science, Denmark, 30 days ago
At the Faculty of Engineering and Science, Department of Energy Technology a PhD stipend is available within the general study program Energy Technology. The stipend is open for appointment from M...
Postdoc Position Within The Graphene Flagship – Wp12 Energy 79530, ISTITUTO ITALIANO DI TECNOLOGIA, Italy, about 2 hours ago
Fondazione Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia – IIT is opening a Post-doctoral Position in the field of two-dimensional materials, in the framework of the Future & Emerging Technologies on graphene a...
Ph D Position On Fail Operational Powertrain In Electric Vehicles, Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Netherlands, 1 day ago
Introduction Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) is a young university, founded in 1956 by industry, local government and academia. Today, their spirit of collaboration is still at the heart...
Ph D Position Solid Electrolyte/Cathode Interfaces In Ceramic All Solid State Batteries– Destiny Ph D..., CNRS, Germany, 25 days ago
DEADLINE: 17/01/21 Grading institution: Universitat Duisburg-Essen – GERMANY / Recruiting organisation: Forschungszentrum Jülich – GERMANY / Hosting: Institute of Energy and Climate Research – GER...
Ph D In Sparse Data Driven Methods For Prognosis Of Eletric Vehicles, Delft University of Technology (TU Delft), Netherlands, 10 days ago
The introduction of next generation heavy electric vehicles, such as electric trucks, is seen as an important contribution to worldwide efforts to curb greenhouse gases emission levels. Still, to ...