- Modeling and simulation of magnetic topological insulator-based hybrid nanodevices and superconducting qubits
- Participation in international conferences in Germany and abroad (incl. presenting your research results)
- Exchange with internal and external as well as national and international project partners, both theorists and experimentalists
- Preparing scientific publications and project reports
- Mentoring students
- Master`s degree in physics, ideally with a specialization in condensed-matter physics
- Scientific expertise: Expertise in quantum mechanics, solid-state physics
- Methodological competence: Experience with programming
- Fluent command of written and spoken English
- High degree of independence and commitment
- Very reliable and conscientious style of working
- Excellent ability to cooperate and work in a team
We work on the very latest issues that impact our society and are offering you the chance to actively help in shaping the change! We offer ideal conditions for you to complete your doctoral degree:
- A highly motivated working group as well as an international and interdisciplinary working environment at one of Europe’s largest research establishments
- Outstanding scientific and technical infrastructure
- Opportunity to participate in (international) conferences and project meetings
- Continuous scientific mentoring by your scientific advisors
- A large research campus with green spaces, offering the best possible means for networking with colleagues and pursuing sports alongside work
- Further development of your personal strengths, e.g. through an extensive range of training courses; a structured program of continuing education and networking opportunities specifically for doctoral researchers via JuDocS, the Jülich Center for Doctoral Researchers and Supervisors: https://www.fz-juelich.de/judocs
- Targeted services for international employees, e.g. through our International Advisory Service
Further information on doctoral degrees is available at: https://www.fz-juelich.de/gp/Careers_Docs and https://wwwen.uni.lu/studies/doctoral_education
The position is initially for a fixed term of 3 years. You will receive an 18-month contract at FZJ, followed by an 18-month contract at UL, with a competitive salary package at both institutions.
Forschungszentrum Jülich promotes equal opportunities and diversity in its employment relations.
We also welcome applications from disabled persons.
Ph D Position Phage Host Interaction / Microbiology, Forschungszentrum Jülich, Germany, 32 minutes ago
Your Job: Your PhD project will focus on novel antiviral (antiphage) strategies of bacteria. In particular, you will study the role of secondary metabolites and their mode of action in the defense...
Ph D Position Improving The Stability And Efficiency Of Suspension Plasma Spraying, Forschungszentrum Jülich, Germany, 15 days ago
Your Job: You are working in a publicly funded collaborative project with a German university. The goal is the targeted improvement of the stability and efficiency of the suspension plasma sprayin...
Ph D Position Acceptability Of Ai Based Preventive Healthcare In Children And Adolescents By Parents And Clinicians, Forschungszentrum Jülich, Germany, 1 day ago
Your Job: The PhD student will work in the framework of a BMBF funded project on development of and implementation of a study with parents and pediatricians/clinicians to assess the acceptability ...
Ph D Position Applied Hydrologic Sciences, Forschungszentrum Jülich, Germany, 14 days ago
Your Job: The BMBF funded OrganoRice project aims to support the production of organically produced rice in the Mekong Delta of Vietnam. Therefore, an interdisciplinary team analyses the current s...
Ph D Position – Microfluidics Based Bioprinting, Forschungszentrum Jülich, Germany, 33 minutes ago
Your Job: You will be part of German Research Foundation (DFG)-funded Collaborative Research Project Transregio SFB 225 ‘From the fundamentals of biofabrication toward functional tissue models’ Yo...
Ph D Position Optimization Of 3 D Devices For In Vitro And In Vivo Applications, Forschungszentrum Jülich, Germany, 31 minutes ago
Your Job: Neuronal model systems such as 2D and 3D cell cultures, brain organoids, and brain slices can physiologically mimic the brain, but require advanced electrophysiological measurement techn...