Protein–protein interactions (PPIs) mediate a vast number of cellular pathways and processes, making them an important class of targets for drug discovery. However, decades of effort aimed at developing small molecule drugs to modulate PPIs have been rewarded with a relatively modest number of successes. The difficulty is thought to arise primarily from topology; The key issues of code scalability and the time scale problem will be addressed for the first time using a recently developed method that builds on metadynamics - an exact method to compute free energies - and the statistical mechanics of paths.
- Investigation of the protein-protein interface energetic interaction for medically relevant dimers
- A ML/MM
- Potential model applicable to study protein-protein interfaces
- University degree (Master) in physics, chemistry, applied mathematics or computer science
- Experience with UNIX-like operating systems
- Mathematical and programming skills (R, Python, Keras,Tensorflow)
- Ideal prior knowledge on MD simulations and ML
- Excellent knowledge of written and oral English: TOEFL or equivalent evidence of English-speaking skills
- Interactive person with good communication skills
- Used to work in international teams
- Willing to travel in different labs during PhD
We work on the very latest issues that impact our society and are offering you the chance to actively help in shaping the change! We offer ideal conditions for you to complete your doctoral degree:
- A highly motivated working group as well as an international and interdisciplinary working environment at one of Europe’s largest research establishments
- Outstanding scientific and technical infrastructure
- Opportunity to participate in (international) conferences and project meetings
- Continuous scientific mentoring by your scientific advisor
- Flexible work (location) arrangements, e.g. remote work
- 30 days of annual leave and provision for days off between public holidays and weekends (e.g. between Christmas and New Year)
- Further development of your personal strengths, e.g. through an extensive range of training courses; a structured program of continuing education and networking opportunities specifically for doctoral researchers via JuDocS, the Jülich Center for Doctoral Researchers and Supervisors: https://www.fz-juelich.de/en/judocs
- Targeted services for international employees, e.g. through our International Advisory Service
The position is for a fixed term of 3 years. Pay in line with 70 % of pay group 13 of the Collective Agreement for the Public Service (TVöD-Bund) and additionally 60 % of a monthly salary as special payment („Christmas bonus“). Further information on doctoral degrees at Forschungszentrum Jülich including our other locations is available at: https://www.fz-juelich.de/gp/Careers_Docs
We welcome applications from people with diverse backgrounds, e.g. in terms of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation / identity, and social, ethnic and religious origin. A diverse and inclusive working environment with equal opportunities in which everyone can realize their potential is important to us.
Ph D Position Bacterial Antiviral Immunity, Forschungszentrum Jülich, Germany, about 14 hours ago
Your Job: Your PhD project will focus on novel antiviral (antiphage) strategies of bacteria. In particular, you will study the role of secondary metabolites and their mode of action in the defense...
Ph D Position Development Of Process Diagnostic Methods For Suspension Plasma Spraying, Forschungszentrum Jülich, Germany, about 14 hours ago
Your Job: You are working in a publicly funded collaborative project with a German university. The goal is the targeted improvement of the stability and efficiency of the suspension plasma sprayin...
Ph D Position – Neuromorphic Cognitive Localization And Mapping, Forschungszentrum Jülich, Germany, about 14 hours ago
Your Job: The Neuromorphic Cognitive Localization and Mapping project (CLAM), funded by Volkswagenstiftung, envisions a new class of neuromorphic systems inspired by the hippocampal-entorhinal gri...
Ph D Position In Engineering Biomolecular Tools For Biomedicine, CIC biomaGUNE, Spain, 14 days ago
13 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company CIC biomaGUNE Department Research in Biomaterials Research Field Biological sciences Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) Leading Research...
Ph D Fellowship In Chemical Biology At The Department Of Drug Design And Pharmacology, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, 28 days ago
29 Aug 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company University of Copenhagen Department Department of Drug Design and Pharmacology Research Field Chemistry » Biochemistry Pharmacological sciences » P...
Ph D Students In Bioinformatics (1 2), Stockholm University, Sweden, 6 days ago
Ref. No. SU FV-2909-23 at the Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics . Closing date: 21 September 2023. SciLifeLab (SciLifeLab ) is a national center for molecular biosciences with a focus on h...