- Exploring geochemical processes (e.g. coupled mineral dissolution and precipitation) leading to gas generation in water saturated porous media to assess their consequences on solute transport
- Development and application of dynamic macroscopic experiments combined with magnetic resonance imaging to gain insights into relevant processes
- Collaboration in the development of mechanistic models to describe system evolution, testing models against experimental observations
- Processing of the data and scientific interpretation of the results
- Independent presentation of the results at scientific conferences and in scientific publications
- A scientific university degree (Master) in Earth/Environmental Sciences, Chemistry, Physics, Chemical Engineering, Petroleum engineering or a related discipline
- Experience or interest in subsurface solute transport
- Practical experience with laboratory work and scientific programming languages (such as Python) are desirable, willingness and aptitude to learn and develop these skills are essential
- Knowledge on geochemical thermodynamic modelling is desirable
- Ability to work in an international multidisciplinary team is essential
- Excellent English communication and writing skills
We work on the very latest issues that impact our society and are offering you the chance to actively help in shaping the change! We offer ideal conditions for you to complete your doctoral degree:
- Comprehensive training courses and individual opportunities for personal and professional further development
- Extensive company health management
- Ideal conditions for balancing work and private life, as well as a family-friendly corporate policy
- Flexible work (location) arrangements, e.g. remote work
- A large research campus with green spaces, offering the best possible means for networking with colleagues and pursuing sports alongside work
- Further development of your personal strengths, e.g. through an extensive range of training courses; a structured program of continuing education and networking opportunities specifically for doctoral researchers via JuDocS, the Jülich Center for Doctoral Researchers and Supervisors: https://www.fz-juelich.de/en/judocs
- Targeted services for international employees, e.g. through our International Advisory Service
The position is for a fixed term of 3 years. Pay in line with 60 % of pay group 13 of the Collective Agreement for the Public Service (TVöD-Bund) and additionally 60 % of a monthly salary as special payment („Christmas bonus“). Pay higher than the basic pay may be possible. Further information on doctoral degrees at Forschungszentrum Jülich including our other locations is available at: https://www.fz-juelich.de/gp/Careers_Docs
We welcome applications from people with diverse backgrounds, e.g. in terms of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation / identity, and social, ethnic and religious origin. A diverse and inclusive working environment with equal opportunities in which everyone can realize their potential is important to us.
Ph D Position Learning Embeddings For Earth Observation Applications With Supercomputing, Helmholtz, Germany, about 9 hours ago
Your Job: The quality and quantity of Earth Observation (EO) data is increasing at a high rate. However its volume makes handing the data challenging, especially as the bandwidths between data cen...
Ph D Position Integrating Large Scale Energy System Models Into High Performance Computers, Helmholtz, Germany, about 9 hours ago
Your Job: Large energy system models optimize the size, allocation and operation of components based on simplified assumptions and finite time steps. Currently, their maximum size and level of det...
Ph D Fellowship In Hydrogen Production, University of Stavanger, Norway, 13 days ago
8 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company University of Stavanger Department Department of Energy and Petroleum Engineering Research Field Technology » Other Researcher Profile First Stage R...
Ph D Fellowship In Hydrogen Production , University of Stavanger, Norway, about 8 hours ago
19th October 2023 Languages English Norsk Bokmål English English PhD Fellowship in Hydrogen production Apply for this job See advertisement Job description The University of Stavanger invites appl...
Ph D Position In Acoustic Methods For Prediction Of Geological Conditions While Drilling, NORWEGIAN UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY - NTNU, Norway, 22 days ago
30 Aug 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company NORWEGIAN UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY - NTNU Research Field Physics Environmental science Geosciences Researcher Profile Recognised Research...
Ph D Fellowship In Subsurface Geoscience, University of Stavanger, Norway, 28 days ago
24 Aug 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company University of Stavanger Department The Faculty of Science and Technology Research Field Technology » Other Researcher Profile First Stage Researche...