Ph.D. position Mobile pervasive Learning
Job Offer Details
Technische Universität Darmstadt is one of the leading technical universities in Germany, located in the middle of Germany. In the Research Area Knowledge and Educational Media and Applications at Multimedia Communications Lab (KOM) we are working on technologies, mechanisms and applications for learning, knowledge acquisition and management as well as information management. We are looking especially on the usage of the Web as source for information and learning resources and on informal and collaborative learning and knowledge acquisition. In a new project we are doing research about the usage of mobile devices in the learning context. Our goal is to develop and evaluate new mechanisms for context detection, recommendation or multimedia analysis e.g. and to apply theses mechanisms in mobile pervasive learning. We are publishing our results in national and international journals as well as on workshops and conferences.
- A highly stimulating, workplace with excellent research facilities,
- A collaborative, interdisciplinary team,
- Possibilities to take part in research projects together with both academic and industrial partners,
- First rate support to present your research work at international conferences and other relevant venues.
- Independent scientific work as part of a research project, including concept development, implementation and evaluation to proof your concepts,
- Publication and presentation of your results,
- Participation in teaching tasks as well as in administrative tasks at the Lab.
min. 3 years
Language of the Doctoral Thesis
Requirements for Applicant
Subject Requirements (Qualification)
You have an excellent Diploma or Master's degree in computer science, electrical engineering, information technology, or another closely related discipline.
- You are keen on performing research work with the objective to prepare dissertation as well as being involved in project activities.
- You are a team-player who is willing to work closely with colleagues and other researchers on joint interdisciplinary research projects and publications.
- Excellent Software Development Knowledge, ideally for mobile apps.
- Very good spoken and written English, as well as German or the willingness to learn German
Type of Persons
- Curriculum vitae
- Copy of university degree
- High school diploma
- Letter of motivation
- Letter of application with detailed personal motivation
University / Organisation advertising the position
University / Organisation
Technische Universit�t Darmstadt
Faculty / Institute
Multimedia Communications Lab
Supervisor of the Doctoral Thesis
Herr Prof. Dr.-Ing. Ralf Steinmetz
Ph D Scholarship At The Danish National Research Foundation Centre For Privacy Studies (3 Years), University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 16 hours ago
Centre for Privacy Studies (PRIVACY), funded by the Danish National Research Foundation and based in Copenhagen, advertises 3-4 fully funded PhD positions within the fields of Architectural Histor...
Ph D Position (Tv L E13, 65%), Technische Universität München, Germany, about 16 hours ago
09.10.2017, Wissenschaftliches Personal The Post/Doc Lab Reorganizing Industries announces an open position for a doctoral researcher (TV-L E13, 65%, 18 months, fixed-term, we seek to arrange an e...
Ph D Scholarship In Systems Architecting For Decision Support, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 13 hours ago
Apply no later than 30 October 2017 Apply for the job at DTU Management Engineering by completing the following form. Apply online DTU Management Engineering invites applicants for a 3-year PhD po...
Ph D Scholarship In The Lifetrack Project, Department Of Sociology, University Of Copenhagen (Ucph), University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 16 hours ago
Applications are invited for a PhD scholarship at the Department of Sociology, University of Copenhagen, with a focus on inequalities in education and the life course. Employment is expected to st...
Ph D Position “Mining For Learned Identities In The Republic Of Letters, 1400 1800”, Utrecht University, Netherlands, about 20 hours ago
PhD position “Mining for learned identities in the Republic of Letters, 1400-1800” Functie The Department of History and Art History seeks to appoint a PhD candidate for the project “Sharing Knowl...
Ph D Position In Sts, Technische Universität München, Germany, 8 days ago
27.09.2017, Wissenschaftliches Personal The Professorship of Science & Technology Policy (Prof. Dr. Ruth Müller), based at the Munich Center for Technology in Society (MCTS) and affiliated with th...