- You will be part of German Research Foundation (DFG)-funded Collaborative Research Project Transregio SFB 225 ‘From the fundamentals of biofabrication toward functional tissue models’
- You will investigate the microfluidic synthesis and bioprinting of cell-loaded microgel bioinks and collaborate with partners from the Universities of Würzburg, Erlangen-Nürnberg and Bayreuth on the fabrication of biofunctional tissues
- A master’s degree in physics, chemistry, biology, or any related subject
- Strong interest the fields of microfluidics and 3D-printing, as well as in experimental methods to characterize bio-polymeric materials
- Experience in fluid simulation or the handling of cell cultures will be a plus
- Good communication skills in English are necessary
We work on the very latest issues that impact our society and are offering you the chance to actively help in shaping the change! We offer ideal conditions for you to complete your doctoral degree:
- A dynamic and interdisciplinary research group with excellent computational and experimental equipment
- A large research campus with green spaces, offering the best possible means for networking with colleagues and pursuing sports alongside work
- Further development of your personal strengths, e.g. through an extensive range of training courses; a structured program of continuing education and networking opportunities specifically for doctoral researchers via JuDocS, the Jülich Center for Doctoral Researchers and Supervisors: https://www.fz-juelich.de/en/judocs
- Targeted services for international employees, e.g. through our International Advisory Service
- You will be employed at Forschungszentrum Jülich, but obtain your PhD degree at RWTH Aachen University. Applicants and successful candidates can also apply for membership in the International Helmholtz Research School of Biophysics and Soft Matter (www.ihrs-biosoft.de) that provides a complementary research training at the interfaces of biology, chemistry, and physics, as well as transferable skills courses
The position is for a fixed term of 3 years. Pay in line with 75% of pay group 13 of the Collective Agreement for the Public Service (TVöD-Bund) and additionally 60 % of a monthly salary as special payment („Christmas bonus“). Further information on doctoral degrees at Forschungszentrum Jülich including our other locations is available at: https://www.fz-juelich.de/gp/Careers_Docs
We welcome applications from people with diverse backgrounds, e.g. in terms of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation / identity, and social, ethnic and religious origin. A diverse and inclusive working environment with equal opportunities in which everyone can realize their potential is important to us.
Ph D Position In Bioinformatics , University of Southern Denmark, Denmark, 4 days ago
The Institute of Molecular Medicine (IMM) at SDU PhD position in Bioinformatics Institute of Molecular Medicine (IMM) aims to generate new knowledge on the function of the human body and disease m...
Ph D Position Super Resolution Visualisation And Control Of Cellular Dynamics, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, about 3 hours ago
Would you like to contribute to groundbreaking research on establishing microscopy-guided automated real-time control of biological processes, as a PhD candidate? Then this might be the vacancy fo...
Ph D Position Super Resolution Visualisation And Control Of Cellular Dynamics, Delft University of Technology (TU Delft), Netherlands, 22 days ago
PhD Position Super-Resolution Visualisation and Control of Cellular Dynamics PhD Position Super-Resolution Visualisation and Control of Cellular Dynamics Published Deadline Location today 15 Feb D...
Ph D In Quantitative Cell And Developmental Biology, Leiden University, Netherlands, 1 day ago
Apply now The Faculty of Science / the Institute for Biology is looking for a : PhD in Quantitative Cell and Developmental Biology Vacancy number: 23-006 Key responsibilities The PhD project will ...
Doctoral (Ph D) Student Position In Skin Stem Cell Biology, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, 24 days ago
To be a doctoral student means to devote oneself to a research project under supervision of experienced researchers and following an individual study plan. For a doctoral degree, the equivalent of...
Ph D Position Next Generation Opto Mechanical Microchips To Analyse Cell Biomechanics, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, about 3 hours ago
Help drive medical advances through next-gen cell analysis by developing high-precision opto-mechanical microchips as a PhD candidate at TU Delft. Challenge: Realize next-gen instruments to unrave...