The Leibniz-Institut für Analytische Wissenschaften - ISAS - e. V. is a research institute dedicated to the development and improvement of analytical methods and tools for health research and related fields. The ISAS is a member of the Leibniz Association and is publicly funded by the Federal Republic of Germany and its federal states.
In the group Lipidomics in the department Bioanalytics at our location in Dortmund we invite applications for a
PhD position (m/f/d) – Structural Lipidomics
You will be responsible for
- Optimization of lipidomics methods based on shotgun and LC-MS/MS workflows to structurally characterize lipids in cell cultures, co-cultures, and tissues.
- Development and optimization of new derivatization methods for lipids in order to boost lipid ion signal and enable structural characterization of lipids in complex mixtures. Transfer to LC-MS/MS as well as MALDI MS imaging workflows.
- Sample preparation for cell, body fluids and tissues for e.g.; MALDI MS imaging, lipid extraction and cleanup for LC-MS/MS analysis.
- Histological characterization of cells and tissues using histochemical staining and microscopy.
- Follow lab protocols related to routine lipidomics experiments, clinical sample storage, data Management, data evaluation and lab equipment.
- Masters, Diploma or equivalent degree in Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Organic Chemistry, Biotechnology or related subjects.
- Good understanding of analytical chemistry and biological sciences particularly in the context of omics research.
- Experience with mass spectrometric equipment, especially LC-MS and/or MALDI MSI is desirable.
- Experience with derivatization of biomolecules for mass spectrometric characterization is desirable.
- A clear research topic as well as multifold training and support for PhD students in framework of ISAS and the Leibniz association
- Training and scientific development opportunities in an international environment and an excellent working atmosphere in a very dynamic and professional team
- Extensive state-of-the-art equipment and infrastructure in various analytical methods
- The opportunity to present your data on international conferences and participate in workshops
Non-residents who apply for this job will receive help from the institute to find accommodation and to handle authorities. Applications from disabled applicants are welcome. ISAS supports the principle of equal opportunity for all employees and would therefore particularly encourage women to apply.
The salary will be according to the German TV. The part-time position (65%) is offered for 3,5 years. The position is available immediately. The time limitation of the contract is based on the Wissenschaftszeitvertragsgesetz (WissZeitVG).
ISAS collects and processes the personal data of its applicants in accordance with European and German legal regulations. Further information on data protection and the processing of personal data can be found at www.isas.de/datenschutzhinweise-fuer-bewerberinnen-und-bewerber .
Closing date for application is 26.08.2022. Complete applications with an extended curriculum vitae with full publication list, a cover letter, copies of your diplomas, a 2-page research statement that clearly describes your research profile and interests in the position as well as your expertise and methodological competencies, names and contact information of 2 references, if available, should be submitted (quoting the reference number LP_96/2022 in the subject header) as a single pdf document to bewerbungen(at)isas.de . Informal inquiries are welcome and can be submitted to the human resources department (bewerbungen(at)isas.de ). For further information on the institute please see: http://www.isas.de .
Ph D Candidate Research Project Metabolic Regulation Of Macrophage Responses In Chronic..., Helmholtz Zentrum München - Deutsches Forschungszentrum für Gesundheit und Umwelt, Germany, about 18 hours ago
Area of research: PHD Thesis Job description: : Discover personalized medical solutions for environmentally triggered diseases to promote a healthier society in a rapidly changing world. Are you p...
Ph D Research Position: Photosupercapacitor Electrodes And Systems, Living, Adaptive and Energy-autonomous Materials Systems (livMatS), Germany, 14 days ago
The Cluster of Excellence livMatS develops completely novel, life-like materials systems that adapt autonomously to various environments and harvest clean energy from their surroundings. The inten...
Ph D Position Cryo Em Of Membrane Remodeling Proteins, Forschungszentrum Jülich, Germany, 13 days ago
Work group: ER-C-3 - Strukturbiologie Area of research: PHD Thesis Job description: Your Job: For the Ernst Ruska-Centre for Microscopy and Spectroscopy with Electrons under the direction of Prof....
Ph D Position In Synthetic Polymer Chemistry, Leiden University, Netherlands, about 12 hours ago
Apply now POSITION DESCRIPTION The group of Dr. Joachim Van Guyse at the Leiden Academic Center for Drug Research (LACDR) has an opening for 1 PhD position in synthetic polymer chemistry. The PhD ...
Ph D In Natural Product Chemistry / Comparative Metabolomics, University of Neuchatel, Switzerland, 13 days ago
JOB DESCRIPTION The Institute of Chemistry at the University of Neuchâtel (Switzerland) invites applications for a PhD studentship (assistant-e doctorant-e) in natural product chemistry / comparat...
Ph D Position (H/F) In Stem Cell Biology, CNRS, Niue, 11 days ago
The iBV (Université Cote d'Azur, Nice, France) is a centre of excellence that focuses on the basic principles governing the development of normal cells, tissues and embryos and those leading to pa...