The Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Transition Economies (IAMO) in Halle (Saale), offers a
PhD position (m/f/d)
within the subproject “Impact of strategic behavior on land market dynamics and regulation effects” of the DFG Research Unit FORLAND.
Application deadline: December 31, 2020
Starting date: preferably March 1st, 2021, or earlier
Position: 65% at the E 13 TV-L level (German public services scheme)
Duration: 36 months
Work place: IAMO, Halle (Saale), Germany
In recent years Deep Learning and other AI approaches have enabled computers to learn to successfully play games like Go or Chess just by playing against themselves. Can this approach be used to model the behavior of farmers when competing for scarce resources like land or when making smart investment decisions for an unknown future? What can we learn from such an approach in order to use agent-based models of the agricultural sector to study structural change or policies? To answer these questions, we are looking for a person who would like to join the AgriPoliS group at IAMO.
If you have an excellent university degree in agricultural sciences, economics, or computer science, are excited to study land markets, farm management, agricultural policy, and artificial intelligence, we look forward to hearing from you.
What you should bring:
- Interest in simulation-based approaches and artificial intelligence
- Curiosity and a high personal commitment to research
- Proficiency in oral and written English
- Strong communication and team work skills, willingness for solution-oriented acting
What we offer:
- Participation in a diverse and motivated team of modelers that value an interdisciplinary mix of methodological perspectives and approaches, which welcome and greatly value diversity of age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical ability, religious belief and ethnicity
- Outstanding research and qualification opportunities in an international and multidisciplinary environment within IAMO and FORLAND
- Frequent participation in research unit meetings, seminars and conferences
- Participation in the German Doctoral Certificate Programme in Agricultural Economics (www.agraroekonomik.de ) and the IAMO Graduate School
- Assistance in preparation of publication for peer-reviewed journals
- Family-friendly working conditions
E-mail applications containing the following documents (in English) should be submitted to kyritz(at)iamo.de :
- Letter of motivation
- Curriculum vita
- Electronic copies of all relevant transcripts and certificates of master or equivalent courses, English language certificates (or an equivalent proof)
- Names and contact information of two academic referees
IAMO (www.iamo.de ) is a public research institute that pursues basic and applied research in the field of agricultural economics. It offers an excellent infrastructure and a stimulating research environment in an international, ambitious, and multidisciplinary team. IAMO is a member of the Leibniz Association, a German network of non-university research institutes (www.leibniz-gemeinschaft.de ).
Equality of opportunity is part of our personnel policy. Female researchers are strongly encouraged to apply. Disabled applicants with adequate qualification will be preferentially considered.
Dr. Franziska Appel, Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Transition Economies (IAMO), Theodor-Lieser-St. 2, 06120 Halle (Saale), Germany
Ph D Position (F, M, D) (Research Training Group (Rtg) 2300) (Id 100767), Georg August University of Göttingen, Germany, 5 days ago
Einrichtung: Research Training Group (RTG) 2300 (ID 100767) Ansprechpartner: Dr. Serena Müller Besetzungsdatum: 01.01.2021 Veröffentlichungsdatum: 26.10.2020 The Research Training Group (RTG) 2300...
Ph.D. Position In Computational Biology Or Bioinformatics , Technical University of Munich, Germany, about 24 hours ago
11.11.2020, Wissenschaftliches Personal To strengthen our team, we are offering a Ph.D. position in computational biology or bioinformatics We are looking for a computational biology/bioinformatic...
Ph.D. Position In Computational Biology Or Bioinformatics, Technical University of Munich (TUM), Germany, 13 days ago
To strengthen our team, we are offering a h3. *Ph.D. position in computational biology or bioinformatics* We are looking for a computational biology/bioinformatics Ph.D. student to process and ana...
Doctoral Researcher (Ph D), Giessen University (JLU), Germany, 4 days ago
<p>At the *Professorship for Pulmonary Pharmacotherapy, Faculty of Medicine*, in the Collaborative Research Center (SFB) 1213 "Pulmonary Hypertension and Cor pulmonale" sponsored by the German Res...
Postdoctoral Position In International Political Economy , Technical University of Munich, Germany, about 24 hours ago
11.11.2020, Wissenschaftliches Personal Tim Büthe, Professor of Political Science & Public Policy and Chair for International Relations at the Technical University of Munich (TUM), is inviting app...
Ph D Student (M/F/D) To Work On Adoptive T Cell Therapy Of Cancer, Ludwig Maximilians University of Munich (LMU), Germany, 26 days ago
*The LMU University Hospital Munich is one of the largest and most efficient university hospitals in Germany and Europe. 48 specialized clinics, departments and institutes provide excellent resear...