For over 200 years the Senckenberg Gesellschaft für Naturforschung (SGN) represents one of the most relevant institutions investigating nature and its diversity. Currently, scientists from more than 40 countries across 11 locations in Germany conduct research in the fields of biodiversity, earth system analysis and climate change. The head office of Senckenberg is Frankfurt am Main together with the Senckenberg Research Institute and Natural History Museum Frankfurt.
The division of River Ecosystem Management invites applications for the project EffektMon:
PhD Position (m/f/d)
“EffektMon - Use of effect-based monitoring methods to assess the effects of pollutants on the ecological status of streams and rivers” is a joint project between Senckenberg, Section for River Ecosystem Management, Goethe-University Frankfurt, Department of Aquatic Ecotoxicology and MESOCOSM GmbH, Institut für Gewässerschutz. Funded by the German Environment Agency (Umweltbundesamt – UBA), the project aims to apply a new organism-based tool to detect and measure chemical pollution in rivers.
- Application of methods to assess the ecological, morphological and chemical status of water bodies according to the EU Water Framework Directive in restored and non-restored river sections
- Analysis of extensive monitoring data (biotic and abiotic)
- Development of theoretical models on the importance of multiple stressors e.g. water pollutants for aquatic communities
- Collaboration with project partners
- Writing publications and reports
- Master degree/Diploma in ecology, environmental science, biology or related fields
- Experiences in the status assessment of river and streams according to the EU Water Framework Directive
- Prior experience with programming and statistical techniques would be advantageous
- Good communication and writing skills in German and English are essential
- High interest in working in transdisciplinary collaboration between experts in ecotoxicology and freshwater ecology
- Important personal qualities are to be creative, good at problem-solving, a team-worker, independent, resilient, and structured
What awaits you?
Salary and benefits are according to a public service position in Germany (TV-H E 13, 50%, weekly working hours: 20), expected starting date is 1. October 2021. The position is limited for 3 years.
For scientific information please contact PD Dr. Andrea Sundermann, Andrea.Sundermann(at)senckenberg.de .
The Senckenberg Research Institute supports equal opportunity of men and women and therefore strongly invites women to apply. Equally qualified handicapped applicants will be given preference. The place of employment is in Gelnhausen (Hesse), Germany.
You would like to apply?
Please send your application documents (CV, complete academic certificates and credentials, references and a letter of motivation), mentioning the reference of this job announcement (ref.#04-21005) before August 6th, 2021 by e-mail (attachment in a single pdf document) to recruiting(at)senckenberg.de .
Senckenberg Gesellschaft für Naturforschung
60325 Frankfurt am Main
Ph D Candidate In Soil Science, Agroforestry (All Genders Welcome) (Soil Science (Pts) Group) (Id 15780), Georg August University of Göttingen, Germany, about 11 hours ago
Einrichtung: Soil Science (PTS) group (ID 15780) Ansprechpartner: Prof Dr. Edzo Veldkamp Besetzungsdatum: ab sofort Veröffentlichungsdatum: 14.09.2021 The Soil Science (PTS) group at the Georg-Aug...
Group Leaders, Postdocs And Ph D Students (F/M/D), University Hospital Tuebingen, Netherlands, about 20 hours ago
Please include in your application within one PDF file: Cover letter outlining how you meet the requirements for the position, which techniques/methods you would like to be involved in, relevant d...
Ph D Position, Goethe-University Frankfurt, Germany, about 14 hours ago
An official website of the European UnionAn official EU websiteHow do you know? All official European Union website addresses are in the europa.eu domain. See all EU institutions and bodies Cookie...
Ph D Fellowship In Rasopta At The Department Of Plant And Environmental Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, 28 days ago
A 3-year PhD fellowship is available at the Department of Plant and Environmental Sciences (PLEN), Section of Microbial Ecology and Biotechnology (MEB), University of Copenhagen, Frederiksberg, De...
12 Fully Funded Ph.D. Positions, Max Planck Institute for Biology of Ageing, Cologne, Germany, 9 days ago
Job Code: Job Offer from September 02, 2021 The Cologne Graduate School of Ageing Research (CGA) in Germany is a joint venture of the University of Cologne Excellence Cluster on Stress Responses i...
4 Positions As Doctoral Researcher (F/M/D) (# Of Pos: 4), University of Cologne, Germany, 13 days ago
4 Positions as Doctoral Researcher (f/m/d) ERC Advanced Grant Project „Rewilding the Anthropocene“ The University of Cologne is one of the largest and most research-intensive universities in Germa...