10.08.2017, Wissenschaftliches Personal
The Institute of Forest Mangement invites applications for a PhD position in Socio-Economic Land-Use Modelling with a special focus on Tropical Agroforestry TV-L E13 65 % (01.11.2017-31.10.2020).
TV-L E13 65 % (01.11.2017-31.10.2020)
The Institute of Forest Management exists since 2005 and carries out research into all aspects of sustainable forest and land use (ecology, economics and social concerns) on a larger spatial scale, beyond the forest stand up to the landscape level. We offer a research position, funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG).
The PhD candidate shall investigate the potential of agroforestry to reduce land-use conflicts in Panama.
- Strong personal commitment to research
- Above average university degree (Diploma/M.Sc.) in Forest or Agricultural Sciences, or a related subject
- Demonstrated proficiency in speaking and writing English are necessary requirements
- Demonstrated interest to work in programming based land-use modelling and empiric socio-economic research methods
- Willingness to carry out socio-economic field work during several weeks in Panama
- Previous research experience in the tropics and ability to communicate in Spanish is a plus
- We expect the candidate to have good communication skills and the ability to work in a team
You will be a team member of the research project “Using mechanistic land-use models to explore the potential of agroforestry for enhancing ecological and economic functions” . The research seeks to develop a mechanistic land-use modelling approach for multifunctionality to identify the conditions under which agroforestry could contribute to bringing together public and private interests. For this purpose, novel single- and multi objective optimization approaches will be further developed. The land-use model will also build on empiric socio-economic research methods (interview based) and biophysical process-based growth modelling. The candidate will be expected to communicate research results through scientific articles in peer-reviewed journals.
- Opportunity to pursue a PhD and carry out research in an inspiring, interdisciplinary research atmosphere.
- The Technical University of Munich (TUM) is a leading research university in Europe. We offer excellent working conditions, enrollment in the TUM Graduate School, and an international research environment.
- A salary in accordance to the Public Sector Collective Agreement on Länder; TV-L E13 (65 % of a full-time position). The project duration is from 01.11.2017-31.10.2020. The contract will therefore be limited to 36 months.
- TUM is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women are therefore particularly encouraged to apply. Applicants with disabilities are treated with preference given comparable qualification.
We are looking forward to your application until September 18, 2017 (the latest). Your application documents should contain a CV, certificates, a letter of motivation (including your past and future research interests) and possible references with contact details of the referees. Application documents in electronic form should be compiled to one .pdf file. File size should not exceed 8 MB.
Please send your application by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or via mail to:
Technische Universität München
Fachgebiet für Waldinventur und nachhaltige Nutzung
Dr. Carola Paul
For further inquiries please contact Dr. Carola Paul (Tel. +49 8161 71 4699, email@example.com).
Ph D And Postdoc Positions In Seismology, Incorporated Research Institutions for Seismology, United States, about 11 hours ago
PhD and postdoc positions in seismology Michigan State University Posted: 08/18/2017 Open Until: 06/01/2018 The Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences at Michigan State University seeks Ph...
Harwood Farm Trust: Scholastic Grants, Massey University, New Zealand, about 22 hours ago
Back to results Closing date: to be announced The Harwood Farm Trust was established by Miss Myra Annie Zita Arnaboldi by way of a Deed of Trust dated 9 November, 1981. The objects of the Trust in...
Ph D Position To Study Glacial Isostatic Adjustment In Patagonia, Incorporated Research Institutions for Seismology, United States, about 11 hours ago
PhD position to study Glacial Isostatic Adjustment in Patagonia Southern Methodist University Posted: 08/18/2017 Open Until: 09/18/2017 One PhD position is available at the Roy Huffington Departme...
Ph D Opportunity In Geophysics, Incorporated Research Institutions for Seismology, United States, about 11 hours ago
PhD opportunity in Geophysics Victoria University of Wellington Posted: 08/18/2017 Open Until: 11/03/2017 Institution: Victoria University of Wellington Open Until: 2017-11-03 We are seeking stude...
Ph D Scholarship In X Ray Observations Of Neutron Stars, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 4 hours ago
Apply no later than 1 October 2017 Apply for the job at DTU Space by completing the following form. Apply online The Section for Astrophysics and Atmospheric Physics at DTU Space offers a PhD posi...
Ph D In Economics The Origins Of Creativity, Syddansk University, Netherlands, about 16 hours ago
PhD scholarship in Economics at the Department of Business and Economics Topic: The Origins of Creativity: How Human Relations Matter Applications are invited for a PhD scholarship at the Historic...