In the Department of Medical Bioinformatics we are looking for a
- Specialization: in the field of Bioinformatics
- Limitation: limited to 3 years
- Working period: part-time (65%)
- Tariff: salary according to TV-L
- Announcement published on 14.10.2021
- Vacancy from 14.10.2021
- Application deadline: 31.10.2021
The CKDNapp project (Chronical Kidney Disease Nephrologist’s app) is an interdisciplinary collaboration funded as e:Med junior consortium. The consortium develops a clinical decision support system to optimize the treatment of patients with chronic kidney disease (CKD). The project partners cover the fields of medicine, mathematics and computer science. In a previous large-scale study (German Chronic Kidney Disease, GCKD), metabolic and other biomarkers have been collected together with clinical information like therapy and patient outcome. Based on these and other data, we will develop a knowledge management system together with machine learning models to optimize treatment decisions.
- Implement methods for clinical decisions support
- Integrate metabolic states with patient parameters and disease progress
- Use and develop machine learning approaches
- Develop services to provide the data for the front-end
- Develop an application for use by the medical doctors
- Implement an intuitive and easy-to-use front end for the app
- Use the feedback of the medical doctors to improve the app
- A master degree in bioinformatics, computer science, data science or similar
- Fluent German and English spoken and written
- Some experience in front-end development
- Basic understanding of biological and medical processes
- Capability to communicate with people from other knowledge fields
- Interest in interdisciplinary work
- Enthusiasm to discover new fields
- Work in an interdisciplinary project with young scientists
- Student in the Dept. of Medical Bioinformatics with the opportunity for scientific exchange and insight into various bioinformatic fields
- PhD study at the Göttingen Research Campus
- Cooperation with the Helmholtz-Zentrum Munich and the University Medical Centers of Kiel and Freiburg
- Place of embloyment: Göttingen (UMG)
- Contract type: Salary according to TVöD-Bund E13, 65% for 3 years
- Note: Recruited via the Helmholtz Institute Munich, delegated to Göttingen at the UMG.
If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Jürgen Dönitz, phone: 0551/39-14927, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We would like to point out that submitting your application constitutes your consent under data protection law to the processing of your data as part of the application procedure.
We look forward to you!
The University Medical Center Göttingen is committed to professional equality. We therefore seek to increase the proportion of under-represented genders. Applicants with disabilities and equal qualifications will be given preferential treatment.
We look forward to receiving your application by 31.10.2021:
Please send your application via e-mail in PDF-format or via mail in copy and not in folders.
Travel and application fees cannot be refunded or transferred.
Download job posting
Postdoc Position In The Animal Ecology Group (W/M/D) (Jfb Institute Of Zoology And Anthropology ) (Id 15900), Georg August University of Göttingen, Germany, about 19 hours ago
Einrichtung: JFB Institute of Zoology and Anthropology (ID 15900) Ansprechpartner: Prof. Dr. Stefan Scheu Besetzungsdatum: ab sofort Veröffentlichungsdatum: 26.11.2021 The JFB Institute of Zoolog...
Ph D Position In Primate Cognition (All Genders Welcome), Leibniz, Germany, about 13 hours ago
The German Primate Center (DPZ) - Leibniz Institute for Primate Research is one of 96 research and infrastructure establishments of the Leibniz Association. It conducts basic biological and biomed...
Doctoral Researcher Position (All Genders Welcome) (Functional Agrobiodiversity Group) (Id 100972), Georg August University of Göttingen, Germany, about 19 hours ago
Einrichtung: Functional Agrobiodiversity group (ID 100972) Ansprechpartner: Dr. Annika Hass Besetzungsdatum: 01.03.2022 Veröffentlichungsdatum: 24.11.2021 The Functional Agrobiodiversity group at ...
Ph D Position In Plant Systematics (M/F/D) (Department Of Systematics, Biodiversity And Evolution Of Plants) (Id 15856), Georg August University of Göttingen, Germany, 2 days ago
Einrichtung: Department of Systematics, Biodiversity and Evolution of Plants (ID 15856) Ansprechpartner: Dr. Salvatore Tomasello Besetzungsdatum: ab sofort Veröffentlichungsdatum: 04.11.2021 The D...
Ph D Student (F/M/D) (Collaborative Research Center (Crc) 1456 “Mathematics Of Experiment: The Challenge Of Indirect Measu) (Id 100969), Georg August University of Göttingen, Germany, about 19 hours ago
Einrichtung: Collaborative Research Center (CRC) 1456 “Mathematics of Experiment: The challenge of indirect measu (ID 100969) Ansprechpartner: Frau Eva Hetzel, Herr Thosten Hohage Besetzungsdatum:...
Research Assistant And Ph D Candidate (M/F/D) In The Field Of Legal Tech, Digitization And New Technologies (Tvl – E13 50 65%) , Technical University of Munich, Germany, about 14 hours ago
The Professorship of Law, Science and Technology is dedicated to questions of law, digitization and society from an inter-disciplinary legal perspective. Our research group explores possibilities ...