The ‘Forschungsgesellschaft für Arbeitsphysiologie und Arbeitsschutz e.V. Dortmund’ (legal entity name) is a research institution institutionally funded by the German Federal Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs and the State of North Rhine-Westphalia. It is the sponsor of ’Leibniz Research Centre for Working Environment and Human Factors at TU Dortmund’ (IfADo). IfADo explores the risks and potentials of modern work in interdisciplinary approaches. We combine the disciplines of Ergonomics, Immunology, Toxicology, Psychology and Neurosciences.
The Department of Psychology and Neurosciences is seeking a
PhD position (f/m/d)
The position is limited to 3 years.
The DFG-funded project applies neurophysiological (TMS, tDCS, EEG, MRI) and cognitive methods to study the impact of the solvent toluolon human brain physiology in healthy adult humans, and patients sufferening from symptoms associated with chronic exposition.
- Planning and implementation of research projects
- Learning and application of non-invasive brain stimulation techniques, structural and functional imaging
- Evaluation of research results including statistical analysis (including general linear model, functional connectivity)
- Publication of the research in international journals
- Active participation in national and international conferences
- Willingness to collaborate in interdisciplinary projects
- completed studies in neuroscience, biology, psychology, medicine or similar (Master or Diploma)
- Interest in scientific work (doctorate)
- Interest in or knowledge of collecting and evaluating neurophysiological data (e.g. TMS, tDCS, EEG, MRI)
- excellent written and oral command of the English language, German language capabilities advantageous
- above-average communication and organizational skills
What can you expect?
A dynamic, highly motivated international working group, offering opportunities for cooperation and exchange as well as for developing your own ideas.
- A part-time position with currently 25,89 working hours per week
- Remuneration according to the collective agreement for the public service (position EG 13 TV-L. The classification depends on the collective agreement and personal requirements)
- All social benefits provided by working for the public service: e.g. an annual bonus, payment of benefits
- Flexible working time models for the compatibility of family and career
- an interesting, responsible and varied workplace
- good accessibility by public transport
- Attractive region with many cultural activities
The IfADo promotes professional equality for all genders and is certified accordingly.
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications - regardless of gender, disability, nationality or ethnic and social origin.
If you have questions, please contact Prof. Dr. Nitsche, Nitsche(at)ifado.de , Phone.: 0231/1084-301/302 or PD Dr. Christoph van Thriel (thriel(at)ifao.de ), Phone: 0231/1084-407.
Have we aroused your interest?
Then please send your meaningful application documents with all relevant certificates until the 10th of December 2021 with the subject “PhD NeMo” preferably by mail to bewerbung(at)ifado.de .
Alternative you can send your application* by post to the following address:
Forschungsgesellschaft für Arbeitsphysiologie und Arbeitsschutz e.V.
*We ask that application documents be submitted preferably by email or only in copies and not in folders, as the documents will not be returned. These will be destroyed in accordance with data protection regulations after the retention period has expired.
General information about the Research Centre can be found here www.ifado.de .
Ph D Position: Full Scale Validation Of Model Based Control For Wind Farms, Carl von Ossietzky University Oldenburg, Germany, 25 days ago
The salary is according to the German public service salary scale TV-L E13 for a full position. The employment starting as soon as possible is initially limited to three years with an intention fo...
Ph D Position (All Genders Welcome) (Department Biodiversity, Macroecology And Biogeography) (Id 15994), Georg August University of Göttingen, Germany, about 17 hours ago
Einrichtung: Department Biodiversity, Macroecology and Biogeography (ID 15994) Ansprechpartner: Herr Prof. Kreft Besetzungsdatum: 01.04.2022 Veröffentlichungsdatum: 13.01.2022 At the University of...
Ph D Position In Functional Macroecology Of Island Birds (M/F/D) , Technical University of Munich, Germany, about 4 hours ago
20.01.2022, Wissenschaftliches Personal In the scope of the Research Unit “DynaCom - Spatial community ecology in highly dynamic landscapes: from island biogeography to metaecosystems” funded by t...
Ph D Student Covid 19 Knowledge Graph, Universitaet zu Luebeck, Europe, 9 days ago
The University of Lübeck is known for its excellent research and excellent teaching. We are a modern foundation university with thematically focused courses. Under the motto "Focus on life", we as...
Two Ph D Positions In Magnetic Resonance Imaging Methodology , Technical University of Munich, Germany, about 4 hours ago
11.01.2022, Wissenschaftliches Personal The Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology at the Technical University of Munich (TUM) invites applications for two PhD positions in methodol...
Two Ph D Positions In Magnetic Resonance Imaging Methodology (# Of Pos: 2), Body Magnetic Resonance Research Group, Germany, 3 days ago
The Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology at the Technical University of Munich (TUM) invites applications for two PhD positions in methodological developments for quantitative Mag...