Metallic Lithium is considered as a future anode material in Lithium-Ion-Batteries because of its high energy density. Currently, challenges include an exact understanding of the dendrite formation origin and how this could be prevented. Furthermore, the mechanical behavior and the influence of the solid electrolyte interphase (SEI) on metallic lithium, even under protective atmosphere, are not sufficiently understood. As part of your doctoral research, you will optimize the design of interfaces on metallic lithium in a systematic approach of spatially resolved mapping of properties based on atomic force microscopy. The project is embedded in a larger German-American consortium. Your tasks include:
- Preparation of samples for scanning probe microscopy experiments
- Characterization of metallic Lithium samples in terms of their electronic and ionic conductivities on a local scale, as well as with respect to the chemical composition of the surface
- Application of sophisticated SPM modes (AFM, LFM, KPFM, QNM) to gain a better fundamental understanding of the fundamental properties of the anode material
- Evaluation, documentation and publication of the obtained data via reports, manuscripts and presentations
- Cooperation with and co-supervision of intern and master students
- Contribution in this BMBF project and communication with project partners
- Excellent masters degree in Chemistry, Physics, Materials Science or other related fields
- Profound knowledge in experimental Physical Chemistry
- Experiences in the field of Scanning Probe Microscopy and/or Electrochemistry
- High motivation, as well as strong skills and enjoyment in practical work
- Willingness to contribute to lab and instrumental responsibilities
- Strong ability to work in a team and communication skills
- Excellent communication skills in English
We work on the very latest issues that impact our society and are offering you the chance to actively help in shaping the change! We offer ideal conditions for you to complete your doctoral degree:
- Comprehensive training courses and individual opportunities for personal and professional further development
- Extensive company health management
- Ideal conditions for balancing work and private life, as well as a family-friendly corporate policy
- Flexible work (location) arrangements, e.g. remote work
- 30 days of annual leave and provision for days off between public holidays and weekends (e.g. between Christmas and New Year)
- Further development of your personal strengths, e.g. through an extensive range of training courses; a structured program of continuing education and networking opportunities specifically for doctoral researchers via JuDocS, the Jülich Center for Doctoral Researchers and Supervisors: https://www.fz-juelich.de/en/judocs
- Targeted services for international employees, e.g. through our International Advisory Service
The position is for a fixed term of 3 years. Pay in line with 75% of pay group 13 of the Collective Agreement for the Public Service (TVöD-Bund) and additionally 60 % of a monthly salary as special payment („Christmas bonus“). Further information on doctoral degrees at Forschungszentrum Jülich including our other locations is available at: https://www.fz-juelich.de/gp/Careers_Docs
We welcome applications from people with diverse backgrounds, e.g. in terms of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation / identity, and social, ethnic and religious origin. A diverse and inclusive working environment with equal opportunities in which everyone can realize their potential is important to us.
Ph D Student: Plasmonic Light Management For A Novel Flow Chemistry Micro Reactor, AMOLF, Netherlands, 6 days ago
The Hybrid Nanosystems group at NWO-Institute AMOLF is looking for a PhD candidate on plasmonic light management inside a novel micro reactor for flow chemistry. The project is part of the Europe...
Ph D Scholarship: Geometrical Frustration In Magnetic Metal Organic…, Technical University of Denmark (DTU), Denmark, about 8 hours ago
We are looking for a bright and motivated PhD student in metal-organic framework (MOF) chemistry and physics. A 3-year PhD scholarship is available at the Department of Chemistry. The project will...
Ph D Student: Plasmonic Light Management For A Novel Flow Chemistry Micro Reactor, AMOLF, Netherlands, 11 days ago
PhD-student: Plasmonic light management for a novel flow chemistry micro reactor PhD-student: Plasmonic light management for a novel flow chemistry micro reactor Published Deadline Location today ...
M 2336 Phd Student In Nanoscale Chemical Imaging Of Interfaces In…, Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST), Luxembourg, 2 days ago
Description Are you passionate about research? So are we! Come and join us The Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST) is a Research and Technology Organization (RTO) active in the f...
Ph D Candidate In Designing Hydrogen Resistant Metallic Materials By Additive Manufacturing , NTNU - Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Norway, 1 day ago
1st March 2023 Languages English English English The Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering has a vacancy for a PhD Candidate in designing hydrogen resistant metallic materials by add...
Ph D Position: “Trace Element Cycling Across Southern Ocean Fronts And In Coastal East Antarctica”, Royal Netherlands Institute for Sea Research (NIOZ), Netherlands, 21 days ago
PhD position: “Trace element cycling across Southern Ocean fronts and in coastal East Antarctica” PhD position: “Trace element cycling across Southern Ocean fronts and in coastal East Antarctica” ...