IEK-14 - Elektrochemische Verfahrenstechnik
Area of research:
Our society`s transition to a sustainable energy system is an urgent and challenging task. It requires the deployment of new, efficient technologies for the conversion of greenhouse-gas-free secondary energy carriers such as hydrogen produced from renewable energy sources. At the Institute of Energy and Climate Research - Electrochemical Process Engineering (IEK-14), we are at the forefront of these efforts.Alkaline water electrolysis is a well-established technology for hydrogen production. It allows the use of cost-efficient and abundant catalyst materials and is therefore especially suited for large-scale applications. In our low-temperature electrolysis groups, we work on new materials, cells, stack design and whole electrolysis systems to develop highly efficient alkaline and PEM electrolyzers for the future energy system.
The project, you will be working on, is a collaboration with several industry partners who work on high-performance diaphragms, electrodes and cell design for alkaline water electrolysis. You will test the components supplied by the partners and benchmark materials, investigate the influence of the various parameters on the performance and optimize it. Your tasks include:
- Measurement of the electrochemical performance and gas purtity on single-cell scale
- Investigation of the influence and interaction of the components, operating parameters and cell design
- Mentoring students
- Presentation of results in project meetings, scientific journals and at (international) conferences
- Optimization of the test setup, cells and characterization procedures
- Master’s degree in chemistry, chemical engineering, or process engineering, with an overall grade of at least “gut” (or equivalent)
- Strong interest in pursuing research on electrochemical systems
- Experience in labwork
- High degree of independence and commitment
- Excellent ability to cooperate and work in a team
- Fluent in English and at least basic knowledge of German
- Experience with electrochemical techniques is desirable
We work on the very latest issues that impact our society and are offering you the chance to actively help in shaping the change! We offer ideal conditions for you to complete your doctoral degree:
- A structured doctoral degree program for you and your supervisors with a comprehensive training courses and individual opportunities for your personal and professional further development
- Outstanding scientific and technical infrastructure
- Opportunity to participate in (international) conferences and project meetings
- Continuous scientific mentoring by your scientific advisor
- Ideal conditions for balancing work and private life, as well as a family-friendly corporate policy
- Flexible working hours, the option of slightly reduced working hours, and 30 days of annual leave
- A large research campus with green spaces, offering the best possible means for networking with colleagues and pursuing sports alongside work
- Extensive company health management
- Targeted services for international employees, e.g. through our International Advisory Service
The position is initially for a fixed term of 3 years. Pay is above average in line with 75% of pay group 13 of the Collective Agreement for the Public Service (TVöD-Bund) and additionally 60 % of a monthly salary as special payment („Christmas bonus“).Further information on doctoral degrees at Forschungszentrum Jülich including our other locations is available at: www.fz-juelich.de/gp/Careers_Docs Please also check our doctoral researchers’ platform JuDocs: www.fz-juelich.de/judocsForschungszentrum Jülich promotes equal opportunities and diversity in its employment relations.We also welcome applications from disabled persons.
This research center is part of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers. With more than 42,000 employees and an annual budget of over € 5 billion, the Helmholtz Association is Germany's largest scientific organisation.
Ph D Position (M/F/D), Leibniz, Germany, about 5 hours ago
The Leibniz-Institut für Analytische Wissenschaften - ISAS - e.V. is a research institute dedicated to the development and improvement of analytical methods and tools for health research and relat...
Doctorate Student (M/F/D), Leibniz, Germany, 7 days ago
We are announcing a part-time position as Doctorate Student (m/f/d) in the newly established Research group Immunoproteasomes in lung health and disease. Topic: Immunoproteasome regulation in COPD...
Erc Fundend Postdoctoral Position Focusing On Sympathoadrenal Tumor Mouse Models, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, about 11 hours ago
Do you want to contribute to top quality medical research? Department of Microbiology, Tumor and Cell Biology (MTC) at Karolinska Institutet conducts research and teaching in immunology, infection...
Erc Funded Postdoctoral Scholarship Focusing On Sympathoadrenal Tumor Mouse Models , Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, about 11 hours ago
Do you want to contribute to top quality medical research? The Department of Microbiology, Tumor and Cell Biology (MTC) at Karolinska Institutet conducts research and teaching in immunology, infec...
Ph D Position 'The Hormonal Transcriptional Network Of De Novo Stem Cell Formation In Plants', Wageningen University & Research, Netherlands, about 16 hours ago
Are you a biologist with interest in plant development in response to the environment? Do you have affinity with molecular biology, bioinformatics and the analysis of regulatory (hormonal) network...
Ph D Student (Oral Cell Biology And Periodontal Research) , University of Zurich, Switzerland, about 11 hours ago
Center of Dental Medicine PhD Student (Oral Cell Biology and Periodontal Research) 60 % The Centre of Dental Medicine at the University of Zurich is one of four dental university centers in Switzer...