Are you interested in crossing borders? Apply for our fully funded collaborative 3-Year PhD program of EpiCrossBorders, the International Helmholtz-Edinburgh Research School for Epigenetics to promote a healthier society.
Two outstanding epigenetics research hubs, at Helmholtz Zentrum München and the University of Edinburgh, launch a call for their joint PhD program, EpiCrossBorders, to attract and train a future generation of scientific leaders in an outstanding, multicultural and vibrant environment.
- Supervision and mentoring from leading research scientists in Munich and Edinburgh
- Cutting-edge interdisciplinary research projects in epigenetics, from single cells to human health, including computational approaches and machine learning
- Unique Munich-Edinburgh collaboration and a 6 – 12 month mobility program to join a partner lab in Edinburg as part of your project
- A modern, English-speaking structured PhD program with individual career support
- PhD degree awarded by one of Munich‘s excellence universities: TUM or LMU
- Additional funds for creative projects to bridge science and society
Our call for fully funded PhD positions in Munich is now Open, with deadline for submissions on October 15th 2021! EpiCrossBorders is currently looking for highly talented and motivated PhD students to join the Epigenetics@HMGU research groups based at the Helmholtz Zentrum in Munich. The program includes a 6-12 month exchange with Edinburgh research groups. We invite highly talented and motivated students from all over the world to apply to our international program centered on Epigenetics research. Together we will bridge national and disciplinary borders to achieve major discoveries!
PhD projects within the call aim for major discoveries in:
- Chromatin-Biochemistry - Epigenetic reprogramming
- Computational Biology & AI - Mathematical modelling
- Stem cell development - Statistical methods for spatial ‘-omics’
- DNA Replication & Repair - Stress and climate response in plants
- Epitranscriptomics - Single cell and systems biology
Becoming part of our interdisciplinary epigenetics community and our unique exchange program will allow you to establish an international network that will last beyond your PhD.
Are you interested? Details on the program, the PhD projects, eligibility, and how to apply can be found here: https://www.helmholtzresearchschool-epigenetics.org/ .
Application deadline is October 15th .
Ph D Student Position (100%) In Cell Biology (Start Upon Agreement) , University of Basel, Switzerland, 25 days ago
The Department of Biomedicine (DBM) belongs to the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Basel, Switzerland. The DBM promotes basic and translational biomedical research at the highest internat...
Ph D Candidate (M/W/D), E13/65 % , Technical University of Munich, Germany, about 3 hours ago
11.10.2021, Wissenschaftliches Personal We are looking for a PhD candidate (m/w/d) who wants to employ cutting-edge single-cell fate mapping to decipher how CD4 T cells adapt to chronic infection ...
Ph D Position In Cellular Protein Biochemistry , Technical University of Munich, Germany, about 3 hours ago
02.10.2021, Wissenschaftliches Personal A PhD position is available in the laboratory for Cellular Protein Biochemistry at the Technical University of Munich (TUM) Department of Chemistry. Our lab...
Ph D Student, Ghent University, Belgium, about 1 hour ago
Job description Bioinformatics PhD Student position at Ghent University, Belgium Job profile The Ntziachristos laboratory studies the mechanistic aspects of oncogenesis with an emphasis on posttra...
Ph D Position – Biochemistry And Biotechnology , Technical University of Munich, Germany, about 3 hours ago
05.10.2021, Wissenschaftliches Personal A PhD position is available in the laboratory for Cellular Protein Biochemistry at the Technical University of Munich (TUM) Department of Chemistry. Our lab...
Engineering Post Doctoral Position To Advance Single Organoid Analysis , ETH Zurich, Switzerland, about 12 hours ago
In der aktuellen Covid-19 Situation laufen die Rekrutierungen weiter. Es kann dabei allerdings zu Verzögerungen kommen. Vielen Dank für Ihr Verständnis. 100%, Zurich, fixed-term This project is pa...