The Clinic for Radiation Oncology in cooperation with the Institute of Pathology at the University Medical Center Göttingen is looking for a
- Limitation: Initially limited to 36 months
- Working period: part-time 65%
- Tariff: salary according to TV-L
- Announcement published on 25.10.2021
- Vacancy from 25.10.2021
- Application deadline: 31.12.2021
In cooperation between the Clinic for Radiation Oncology and Radiotherapy (PD Dr. Rami El Shafie / Prof. Dr. Stefan Rieken) and the Institute of Pathology (Dr. Hanibal Bohnenberger / Prof. Dr. Philipp Ströbel), we aim to identify molecular predictors for the response to radiotherapy. The focus lies on lung cancer, being a field where treatment is increasingly determined by molecular stratification. In addition to cell survival assays following radiotherapy, our project will comprise multigene sequencing and the analysis of phosphoproteomic signaling signatures. In this way, we aim to characterize intracellular signaling pathways (e.g. of receptor tyrosine kinases), that limit the response to radiotherapy and that could potentially be influenced pharmacologically. Furthermore, identified biomarkers will be assessed with the help of a translational patient database to determine their clinical relevance.
Other keywords related to the topic:
- Lung cancer, radiotherapy, phospho-proteomics, mass spectrometry, multigene sequencing
- Primary working site is the lab of the “Tissue Proteomics” working group, group lead: Dr. Hanibal Bohnenberger, Institute of Pathology
- Human cell culture, multigene sequencing, mass spectrometric phospho-proteomics, siRNA / shRNA / CRISPR, Western blots, viability assays, immunohistochemistry, histopathological analysis of human tissue samples
- Clinical / translational database analysis, biostatistics
Our latest publications on the topic:
- Yao S; […] Bohnenberger H, TLCR, 2021
- Dinter H & Bohnenberger H; […] Ströbel P, JTO, 2019
- Bohnenberger H et al, Embo Mol Med, 2018
- El Shafie RA; […] Christopoulos P et al., ESMO Open, 2021
- Bozorgmehr F; […] Rieken S et al., BMC Cancer, 2019
- Christopoulos P; […] El Shafie RA et al., Lung Cancer, 2020
- Eichkorn T; […] El Shafie RA et al., Front Oncol, 2020
- A very exciting and cutting-edge research field
- Individual support by the Clinic for Radiation Oncology and Radiotherapy and the Institute of Pathology
- Clear, medically relevant, translational scientific problems
- The use of a broad spectrum of molecular, cell biology and mass spectrometric / phospho-proteomic techniques
- State-of-the-art laboratory equipment including two Thermo Scientific mass spectrometers of the newest generation (Eclipse and Exploris480)
- A perspective for long-term employment in further projects based at the laboratory of the Clinic for Radiation Oncology and Radiotherapy
We are looking for:
- Candidates with a very good master's degree for molecular medicine, biology, biochemistry or comparable degrees
- Candidates with high self-motivation and great interest in translational cancer research
- Experience in the management of scientific databases as well as basic skills in the fields of biostatistics / bioinformatics. Basic programming skills would be ideal.
- Experience with molecular and cell biology working methods such as siRNA / shRNA / CRISPR as well as experience in dealing with human cell cultures would be desirable
- Knowledge of the regulation of intracellular signaling pathways by post-translational modification and its mass spectrometric analysis would be ideal
The start of the work is by arrangement and is flexible.
The University Medical Center Göttingen is committed to professional equality. We therefore seek to increase the proportion of under-represented genders. Applicants with disabilities and equal qualifications will be given preferential treatment.
We look forward to receiving your application by 31.12.2021:
University Medical Center Göttingen
Clinic for Radiation Oncology and Radiotherapy
Prof. Dr. Stefan Rieken
Contact person: PD Dr. med. Rami El Shafie, Deputy Director of the Clinic for Radiation Oncology and Radiotherapy email@example.com
Please send your application only via e-mail as a PDF-file.
Travel and application fees cannot be refunded or transferred.
Download job posting
Postdoc Position 100% To Establish A Mammalian Intestinal Organoid System , University of Basel, Switzerland, 15 days ago
The Biozentrum of the University of Basel is one of the leading life sciences institutes in the world. It consists of 30 groups and 500 employees that research how molecules and cells create life,...
Ph D Student Molecular Pathology (Targeting Pro Tumorigenic Fibroblasts In Invasive Lobular Breast Cancer), The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Netherlands, 38 minutes ago
The research group of Dr. Julia Houthuijzen is dedicated to investigating the biology of stromal cells in the breast tumor microenvironment. We aim to understand the origin, heterogeneity and impa...
Ph D Student In Cancer Research, Luxembourg Institute of Health, Luxembourg, 8 days ago
Background. Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (CLL) represents the most frequent leukemia in adults. Despite recent advances in treatments, CLL remains a deadly incurable disease. This cancer is charac...
Ph D Position: Implementation Of Ai Based Contouring And Treatment Planning For Daily Personalized Rt Treatments For Lung Cancer, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, about 11 hours ago
Since several years we investigate the use of convolutional neural networks (CNNs) to improve the quality of the preparation of a radiotherapy treatment plan, e.g. for head and neck cancer. For ot...
Post Doctoral Position: Cancer & Metabolism Uc Louvain, Brussels, Belgium, UCLouvain, Belgium, 13 days ago
A 3-year position is available for a postdoctoral scientist to conduct a research project in oncology with a focus on tumor metabolism. Two axes will be considered: (i) the interplay between the t...
Postdoc Position: Single Cell Regulatory Genomics Of Tumor Heterogeneity, KU Leuven, Belgium, 3 days ago
The candidate will develop new deep learning solutions, including convolutional neural networks, variational autoencoders, and generative adversarial networks, to build predictive models, particul...