The Clinic for Radiation Oncology in cooperation with the Institute of Pathology at the University Medical Center Göttingen is looking for a
- Limitation: Initially limited to 36 months
- Working period: part-time 65%
- Tariff: salary according to TV-L
- Announcement published on 25.10.2021
- Vacancy from 25.10.2021
- Application deadline: 31.12.2021
In cooperation between the Clinic for Radiation Oncology and Radiotherapy (PD Dr. Rami El Shafie / Prof. Dr. Stefan Rieken) and the Institute of Pathology (Dr. Hanibal Bohnenberger / Prof. Dr. Philipp Ströbel), we aim to identify molecular predictors for the response to radiotherapy. The focus lies on lung cancer, being a field where treatment is increasingly determined by molecular stratification. In addition to cell survival assays following radiotherapy, our project will comprise multigene sequencing and the analysis of phosphoproteomic signaling signatures. In this way, we aim to characterize intracellular signaling pathways (e.g. of receptor tyrosine kinases), that limit the response to radiotherapy and that could potentially be influenced pharmacologically. Furthermore, identified biomarkers will be assessed with the help of a translational patient database to determine their clinical relevance.
Other keywords related to the topic:
- Lung cancer, radiotherapy, phospho-proteomics, mass spectrometry, multigene sequencing
- Primary working site is the lab of the “Tissue Proteomics” working group, group lead: Dr. Hanibal Bohnenberger, Institute of Pathology
- Human cell culture, multigene sequencing, mass spectrometric phospho-proteomics, siRNA / shRNA / CRISPR, Western blots, viability assays, immunohistochemistry, histopathological analysis of human tissue samples
- Clinical / translational database analysis, biostatistics
Our latest publications on the topic:
- Yao S; […] Bohnenberger H, TLCR, 2021
- Dinter H & Bohnenberger H; […] Ströbel P, JTO, 2019
- Bohnenberger H et al, Embo Mol Med, 2018
- El Shafie RA; […] Christopoulos P et al., ESMO Open, 2021
- Bozorgmehr F; […] Rieken S et al., BMC Cancer, 2019
- Christopoulos P; […] El Shafie RA et al., Lung Cancer, 2020
- Eichkorn T; […] El Shafie RA et al., Front Oncol, 2020
- A very exciting and cutting-edge research field
- Individual support by the Clinic for Radiation Oncology and Radiotherapy and the Institute of Pathology
- Clear, medically relevant, translational scientific problems
- The use of a broad spectrum of molecular, cell biology and mass spectrometric / phospho-proteomic techniques
- State-of-the-art laboratory equipment including two Thermo Scientific mass spectrometers of the newest generation (Eclipse and Exploris480)
- A perspective for long-term employment in further projects based at the laboratory of the Clinic for Radiation Oncology and Radiotherapy
We are looking for:
- Candidates with a very good master's degree for molecular medicine, biology, biochemistry or comparable degrees
- Candidates with high self-motivation and great interest in translational cancer research
- Experience in the management of scientific databases as well as basic skills in the fields of biostatistics / bioinformatics. Basic programming skills would be ideal.
- Experience with molecular and cell biology working methods such as siRNA / shRNA / CRISPR as well as experience in dealing with human cell cultures would be desirable
- Knowledge of the regulation of intracellular signaling pathways by post-translational modification and its mass spectrometric analysis would be ideal
The start of the work is by arrangement and is flexible.
The University Medical Center Göttingen is committed to professional equality. We therefore seek to increase the proportion of under-represented genders. Applicants with disabilities and equal qualifications will be given preferential treatment.
We look forward to receiving your application by 31.12.2021:
University Medical Center Göttingen
Clinic for Radiation Oncology and Radiotherapy
Prof. Dr. Stefan Rieken
Contact person: PD Dr. med. Rami El Shafie, Deputy Director of the Clinic for Radiation Oncology and Radiotherapy email@example.com
Please send your application only via e-mail as a PDF-file.
Travel and application fees cannot be refunded or transferred.
Download job posting
Ph D Student In Cell And Molecular Biology, The International Institute of Molecular Mechanisms and Machines Polish Academy of Sciences, Poland, 26 days ago
The International Institute of Molecular Mechanisms and Machines (IMol) Polish Academy of Sciences, was constituted in December 2020, in partnership with University Medical Centre Göttingen, Germa...
Ph D Position In Dynamic Single Cell Analysis (1.0 Fte), University of Groningen, Netherlands, about 19 hours ago
Applications are invited for a 4-year PhD study, starting as soon as possible, in the research group of Prof. Matthias Heinemann, (https://www.heinemannlab.eu) at the Groningen Biomolecular Scienc...
Ph D Position In Dynamic Single Cell Analysis (1.0 Fte), University of Groningen, Netherlands, 5 days ago
Applications are invited for a 4-year PhD study, starting as soon as possible, in the research group of Prof. Matthias Heinemann, (https://www.heinemannlab.eu ) at the Groningen Biomolecular Scien...
Postdoc Position In Cytoskeleton Biophysics, Institute of Biotechnology of the Czech Academy of Sciences, Czech, 13 days ago
Candidate profile: We are looking for an enthusiastic postdoc motivated to work on cross-disciplinary projects, with background in (bio)chemistry, (bio)physics, molecular/cellular biology or an eq...
Master’s Position Available To Study The Role Of The Unfolded Protein Response (Upr) During Spinal Cord Injury – Lindsey/Logue Labs, University Of Manitoba, Canadian Association for Neuroscience, Canada, about 19 hours ago
Description of the position: This project uniquely investigates the role of the unfolded protein response (UPR) in regulating the regenerative ability of neural stem cells following spinal cord in...
Master’s Position Available To Study The Effect Of Neural Stem Cell Senescence On Brain Repair – Lindsey Lab, University Of Manitoba, Canadian Association for Neuroscience, Canada, about 19 hours ago
Description of the position: This project uniquely examines the role of cellular senescence in regulating the regenerative capacity of neural stem cells in the aging brain using the adult zebrafis...