25.07.2017, Wissenschaftliches Personal
for the development of high-speed, multi-dimensional ultrasound and optoacoustic imaging systems for small animal and clinical imaging. Our research group devises novel methods for multiscale imaging of in-vivo dynamics, with applications ranging from visualization of large-scale brain networks to early diagnostics of cancer and cardio-vascular diseases. The group is funded by a number of highly competitive awards from the ERC and NIH, which provide an excellent platform for cutting-edge research and extensive multi-disciplinary international collaborations.
• Development of novel optoacoustic and ultrasonic imaging methods and instrumentation for functional and molecular imaging of deep tissues with unprecedented spatio-temporal resolution
• Multifaceted experimental work, including mechanical, electrical and optical design as well as programming
• Depending on educational background and interests, the work may involve in-vivo studies in murine and vertebrate models as well as pilot experiments in patients
• A background in applied physics, photonics, electrical or biomedical engineering, with experience/motivation to work in optics or acoustics
• Analytical skills and programming experience with Matlab, C/C++ or Python (or similar)
• Knowledge and practical experience in the following fields are highly Advantageous:
bioimaging techniques, microscopy, in-vivo animal experimentation
• Excellent command of English, self-motivation, goal-oriented attitude
• A strong interest and willingness to engage in biomedical research
• Working in an a world top research institution with international, multi-disciplinary, highly innovative, well-equipped and scientifically stimulating environment
• Further training, career development and exchange opportunities
• Competitive salary according to TV-L, increasing with experience and seniority
Start date: Summer to fall 2017
Kontakt: Please send your application as a single PDF including cover letter, CV, grades and references to:
Ph D Scholarship In Super Resolution Ultrasound Imaging, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 11 hours ago
Apply no later than 10 November 2017 Apply for the job at DTU Electrical Eng by completing the following form. Apply online A A 3-year PhD scholarship is available at the Center for Fast Ultrasoun...
Ph D Position: Image Guided Treatment Of Brain Malignancies With Radioactive Holmium Microspheres – A Translational Study [1.0 Fte], Utrecht University, Netherlands, about 18 hours ago
PhD position: Image-guided treatment of brain malignancies with radioactive holmium microspheres – a translational study [1.0 FTE] Functie An innovative minimally invasive image guided treatment a...
Phd Candidate In Remote Sensing For Nature Conservation, Leiden University, Netherlands, 17 days ago
The Faculty of Science, Institute of Environmental Sciences (CML), Leiden University is looking for a PHD candidate in remote sensing for nature conservation Vacancy number: 17-392 To develop ecoi...
The Merri Borton Scholarship, University of Sydney, Australia, 1 day ago
Funding Body: A Gift from Ms Jane Borton Title: The Merri Borton Scholarship Research Areas: Health Sciences Type Postgraduate Research Description: A unique opportunity is available for an outsta...
Ph D Position “Effect Directed Monitoring Tools To Assess Health Risks Of Chemicals Of Emerging Concern In The Water Cycle”(1,0 Fte), Utrecht University, Netherlands, about 18 hours ago
PhD position “Effect-directed monitoring tools to assess health risks of chemicals of emerging concern in the water cycle”(1,0 FTE) Functie The Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research (NW...
Ph D In Computational Disease Systems Biology, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 13 hours ago
PhD in computational disease systems biology A number of PhD positions are available in the Translational Disease Systems Biology group at The Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Protein Research (...