The Leibniz Institute of Photonics Technology (Leibniz-IPHT ) offers the following position in the Research Department of Optical-Molecular Diagnostics and Systems Technology starting February 1st 2022:
PhD candidate/Research Assistant (f/m/d)
The position is part-time (50%) and limited for three years. An extension will be sought upon suitability, but depends on availability of external, project-specific funding.
Your field of activity :
- Research and validation of a molecular typing system for a clinically relevant, potentially antibiotic-resistant hospital pathogen
- Performing work in laboratories of biological safety levels S1, S2 and S3**
- Maintaining necessary laboratory routines in the safety area
- Conventional microbiological procedures (Gram stain and microscopy, bacteriological cultures, antibiotic susceptibility tests)
- Molecular biology work (next-generation sequencing, DNA preparation, amplification, , microarray hybridizations, microarray-based analyses)
- Sequence analysis and bioinformatics: design, verification, validation and documentation
- Image analysis of array images, database maintenance, LIMS, report design
- Independent execution of feasibility studies
- Project documentation
- Scientific publication of results in the form of patents and publications in peer-reviewed journals; execution of result presentations in the national and international context (lectures, posters, seminars)
- Supervision of students during internships and during work on bachelor and/or master theses
Very good Master's degree (or equivalent or higher degree) in biochemistry, biology, biotechnology, microbiology, chemistry or advanced/completed studies in medicine or veterinary medicine.
Your knowledge and skills:
- Willingness to work with pathogenic and/or antibiotic resistant bacteria (biosafety level 2 and 3**) as well as with potentially infectious patient samples (blood, stool samples, wound swabs)
- Experience in handling pathogenic microorganisms is desirable
- Supervision of students (internships, master, bachelor)
- Experience in procedures of diagnostic laboratories or hospital hygiene facilities is helpful
- Sound knowledge of molecular biology and microbiology techniques
- Highly motivated, team player, creative personality willing to learn
- Good to very good knowledge of German and English, both written and spoken
- An open welcoming culture as well as a friendly and dedicated team committed to modern science and technology
- An interdisciplinary research environment with the goal of translation and application-oriented research
- A broad spectrum of molecular and microbiological methods
- Intensive supervision during doctoral studies and publications
- The PhD promotion and further development of our employees
- German tariffs for public employees (TV-L)
The Leibniz-IPHT is a university independent research institute with close connection to the Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena and member of the Leibniz association. We are a modern, internationally oriented research institute. The compatibility of work and family is one of our main concerns. We strive to increase diversity. Severely disabled people will be given preference if they are equally qualified.
Further information can be obtained from Dr. med. habil. Stefan Monecke, Tel. +49 3641 948 390, stefan.monecke(at)leibniz-ipht.de and/or Prof. Dr. Ralf Ehricht, Tel.: 03641/ 948 390, ralf.ehricht(at)leibniz-ipht.de .
Please send your application electronically with Code 2021_36 as one pdf file via E-Mail until December 15th, 2021 (including your CV, references, certificates, other) to:
Leibniz-Institute of Photonic Technology
Note on Data protection:
By submitting your application and the accompanying documents, you consent to the processing of your personal data in connection with the application process. You may revoke this consent in writing or electronically at any time without giving reasons. Please note, however, that a revocation of consent means that any application in progress can no longer be considered.
Two Ph D Positions In Magnetic Resonance Imaging Methodology , Technical University of Munich, Germany, about 1 hour ago
11.01.2022, Wissenschaftliches Personal The Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology at the Technical University of Munich (TUM) invites applications for two PhD positions in methodol...
Two Ph D Positions In Magnetic Resonance Imaging Methodology (# Of Pos: 2), Body Magnetic Resonance Research Group, Germany, 3 days ago
The Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology at the Technical University of Munich (TUM) invites applications for two PhD positions in methodological developments for quantitative Mag...
Postdoc Position (M/F/D) In Biological Physics, University of Cologne, Germany, 30 days ago
Postdoc position (m/f/d) in biological physics Institute for Biological Physics The University of Cologne is one of the largest and most research-intensive universities in Germany, offering a wide...
Ph D Candidate (M/F/D), Research Center Borstel - Leibniz Lung Center, Germany, 24 days ago
We are announcing a 65% position as PhD candidate (m/f/d) "Aerofix - Detection of Pathogens in Breathing Air" in the Priority Area Infection at the Research Center Borstel. The position is offered...
Ph D Position: Full Scale Validation Of Model Based Control For Wind Farms, Carl von Ossietzky University Oldenburg, Germany, 25 days ago
The salary is according to the German public service salary scale TV-L E13 for a full position. The employment starting as soon as possible is initially limited to three years with an intention fo...
Ph D Position (All Genders Welcome) (Department Biodiversity, Macroecology And Biogeography) (Id 15994), Georg August University of Göttingen, Germany, about 14 hours ago
Einrichtung: Department Biodiversity, Macroecology and Biogeography (ID 15994) Ansprechpartner: Herr Prof. Kreft Besetzungsdatum: 01.04.2022 Veröffentlichungsdatum: 13.01.2022 At the University of...