11.10.2021, Wissenschaftliches Personal
We are looking for a PhD candidate (m/w/d) who wants to employ cutting-edge single-cell fate mapping to decipher how CD4 T cells adapt to chronic infection and answer, which subset of CD4 T cells retains a stem cell-like potential for self-renewal and host protec-tion. Our long-term goal is to employ these insights for the design of optimized vaccination strategies and immunotherapeutic approaches. “ERC-Starting-Grant: Studying the regulation of lymphocyte stem-ness by fate mapping of single T and NK cells (SCIMAP)”
Our mission is to better understand how immunological memory of T and NK cells develops in response to infection or vaccination. To answer this question, we have developed a unique set of approaches that allow us to study adaptive immune responses starting out from single naïve precursors both in vivo and in vitro (Buchholz et al. Science 2013, Graef et al. Immunity 2014, Cho et al. Cell Reports 2017, Grassmann et al. Immunity 2019, Kretschmer et al Nat Comm 2020, Grassmann et al. Nat Immunol 2020, Flommersfeld et al. Immunity 2021). Within this ERC-Starting-Grant project (SCIMAP), we will combine single-cell fate mapping and single-cell RNA sequencing with genetic fate-reporting, mRNA barcoding and RNA velocity analyses. Thereby, we will generate a detailed map of the early fate decisions that T and NK cells undergo during acute or chronic infection, decipher how these fate decisions lead towards distinct short- and long-lived subsets and pinpoint, which of these subsets retain the stemness to provide lasting host protection.
• Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Immunology, Genetics, Cell Biology, Biology or Biochemistry with outstanding results
• In-depths experience in molecular biology and immunological assays/techniques
• Hands-on experience in single cell RNA sequencing and multicolor flow cytometry
• Experience with bioinformatics analysis tools (R/python) is a plus
• Enthusiasm for basic science, specifically for lineage specification and immunological memory
• Perform single-cell RNA sequencing and RNA velocity analysis, to identify a stem cell-like CD4 T cell subset
• Test the stemness of this subset via single-cell fate mapping
• Trace immune responses emerging from single CD4 T cells in vivo via single-cell RNA sequencing combined with single-cell mRNA barcoding
• Trace differentiation and de-differentiation processes by single-cell fate mapping combined with ex-reporter construct
• Identify target molecules active at key developmental bifurcations and test their immunotherapeutic potential
• Supervision of masters and bachelor students
• Position as PhD candidate (m/w/d) starting as soon as possible, currently secured for 48 months (salary according to TV-L)
• Ambitious and innovation-oriented team committed to understanding the development of T and NK cell stemness to identify novel immunotherapeutic strategies against chronic infection and cancer
• Well-equipped laboratory in our institute close to Munich city center
• Close collaborations with several laboratories at TUM, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Institute for Systems Immunology, Würzburg, University of Heidelberg, Rockefeller University, New York, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York and many other national and international partners
Are you excited about investigating CD4 T cell immune responses against chronic infection at an unprecedented resolution and hunt for a stem cell-like subset? Great! We are looking forward to your email application until October 31st 2021 24:00 (CV, letter of motivation and references in one document). TUM seeks to increase the portion of female employees. Qualified females are, therefore, explicitly encouraged to apply. Severely disabled persons with essentially comparable qualifications will be preferentially hired. Further questions? We are happy to receive your email or phone call!
Data Protection Information:
When you apply for a position with the Technical University of Munich (TUM), you are submitting personal information. With regard to personal information, please take note of the Datenschutzhinweise gemäß Art. 13 Datenschutz-Grundverordnung (DSGVO) zur Erhebung und Verarbeitung von personenbezogenen Daten im Rahmen Ihrer Bewerbung. (data protection information on collecting and processing personal data contained in your application in accordance with Art. 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)). By submitting your application, you confirm that you have acknowledged the above data protection information of TUM.
Kontakt: Dr. Veit Buchholz (TUM Junior Fellow) / +89 4140 4156 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Joint Ph D At The University Of Manchester (Uk) And University Of Melbourne (Australia) In High ..., University of Melbourne & University of Manchester, Europe, 3 days ago
This project is for a funded joint PhD between the University of Manchester and the University of Melbourne. Graduating students will be located at labs in both institutions for a minimum of one y...
Erc Funded Postdoctoral Position (F/M/D) In Host Microbial Interactions And Organoids (# Of Pos: 2), DZNE, Germany, 21 days ago
One position for a talented and highly motivated post-doctoral researcher is available within the scientific team “Mitochondria and Inflammation in Neurodegeneration” led by Michela Deleidi at the...
Ph D Student Department Of Diagnostic Sciences, Ghent University, Belgium, 25 days ago
Last application date Dec 17, 2021 00:00 Department GE32 - Department of Diagnostic Sciences Contract Limited duration Degree Master Occupancy rate 100% Vacancy type Research staff Job description...
2 Postdoctoral Positions In Human Adipose Tissue Biology, Karolinska Institute, Sweden, 8 days ago
The research group The Department of Cell and Molecular Biology (CMB) is a department with a strong focus on basic science. CMB conducts research and education in cell biology, molecular biology, ...
Postdoctoral Position To Study Ferroptosis In Cancer, Weizmann Institute of Science, Israel, 23 days ago
We are looking for highly motivated candidates with strong background in molecular cell biology, cancer related cell-based assays and animal models. Candidates who received their PhD after 2018 ca...
Ph D On The Erc Consolidator Project: Boosting Metabolism In T Cells, Academic Medical Center (AMC), Netherlands, 8 days ago
Within the department of Experimental Immunology and Hematology, we are currently looking for a motivated and enthusiastic PhD candidate to join our highly committed team of scientists and hematol...