22.02.2021, Wissenschaftliches Personal
The Research Center for Combined Smart Energy Systems (CoSES) at the Technical University of Munich (TUM) offers a PhD Position in close collaboration with the Chair for Energy Economy and Application Technology (EWK) to conduct research in the area of Optimal Operation of Biderctional District Heating and Cooling Networks.
- Develop a mathematical framework for modeling of bidirectional thermal networks;
- Design optimal operational strategies for district heating and cooling systems through simulations;
- Develop real-time algorithms and implement them in the lab real-time controllers;
- Design, prepare and conduct experiments in the laboratory environment;
- Analyze experimental results and propose innovative solutions for the next generation of district heating and cooling systems;
- Prepare deliverables according to the project schedule;
- Publish the research results in high quality international journals and conferences.
- General interest in planning and control of district heating and cooling systems and sound knowledge of the state-of-art literature in the field.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to work in a team;
- Strong technical background in modelling of thermal systems (TRNSYS, Modelica or similar);
- Solid programming skills with Python, C++, Java or similar;
- Practical experience in a laboratory with thermal systems and with laboratory control hardware and software, preferable with LabVIEW;
- Master’s degree in mechanical or electrical engineering, computer science, physics or equivalent with excellent grade;
- Excellent English language skills, German language skills are preferable.
- Resume accompanied with the brief statement of scientific interests and motivation.
- Transcripts of bachelor- and master-level studies.
- Testimonies of earlier employments.
- Names and contact details of two relevant references and the type of the relationship.
The application materials should be sent as ONE PDF file with the subject line “OSkit PhD Application” to email@example.com . Evaluation of applications may start immediately, application deadline is March 15th 2021.
The Technical University of Munich (TUM) is one of Europe’s leading universities in science and technology, and one of the Germany’s Universities of Excellence. TUM has ranked as the best university in the European Union according to the latest “QS World University Rankings” and the best university in Germany for the sixth time in a row.
The TUM CoSES Research Center focuses on modeling, control and operation of multi-energy systems. CoSES operates a microgrid laboratory where different control approaches can be validated in realistic conditions. Within OSkit project, CoSES collaborates closely with the Chair for Energy Economy and Application Technology (EWK), which is specialized in design of thermal energy systems and energy market operations.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, TUM explicitly encourages applications from women as well as from all others who would bring additional diversity dimensions to the university's research and teaching strategies. Preference will be given to disabled candidates with essentially the same qualifications.
The appointment may start at the earliest May 1st 2021. The initial appointment will be for 2 years with planned ex-tension. Salary is in accordance with the German State Regulated Public Salary Scale (TV-L E13, 100%).
In case you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact Dr. Vedran Perić or Dr.-Ing. Peter Tzscheutschler .
Data Protection Information:
When you apply for a position with the Technical University of Munich (TUM), you are submitting personal information. With regard to personal information, please take note of the Datenschutzhinweise gemäß Art. 13 Datenschutz-Grundverordnung (DSGVO) zur Erhebung und Verarbeitung von personenbezogenen Daten im Rahmen Ihrer Bewerbung. (data protection information on collecting and processing personal data contained in your application in accordance with Art. 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)). By submitting your application, you confirm that you have acknowledged the above data protection information of TUM.
Kontakt: Dr. Vedran Peric, Dr.-Ing. Peter Tzscheutschler
Postdoc Position Mechanobiology Of Bioengineered Bone Organoids , ETH Zurich, Switzerland, about 12 hours ago
In der aktuellen Covid-19 Situation laufen die Rekrutierungen weiter. Es kann dabei allerdings zu Verzögerungen kommen. Vielen Dank für Ihr Verständnis. 100%, Zurich, fixed-term The Laboratory for...
Ph D Integrated Ates Triplet Modelling And Assessment, Delft University of Technology (TU Delft), Netherlands, about 8 hours ago
This research project investigates an Aquifer Thermal Energy Storage (ATES) triplet for nearly self-sufficient heating and cooling of buildings, i.e. heating and cooling without the input of energ...
Postdoc Position Mechanobiology Of Bioengineered Bone Organoids, ETH Zurich, Switzerland, 9 days ago
The Laboratory for Bone Biomechanics in the Department of Health Sciences and Technology at ETH Zurich is looking for a Postdoctoral Researcher with experience in stem cell biology and organoid te...
Expressions Of Interest For Tecniospring Industry Fellowships In The Thermal Energy And Building..., FUNDACIO INSTITU DE RECERCA EN ENERGIA DE CATALUNYA, Spain, 22 days ago
Publish date March 19th 2021 Ref. 23/2021 Code: Project: TecnioSpring Area: Energy Efficiency in Systems, Buildings and Communities Area Area leader: Group: Thermal Energy and Building Performance...
Ph D Position In Helicobacter Pylori And Cancer , Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, 1 day ago
To be a doctoral student means to devote oneself to a research project under supervision of experienced researchers and following an individual study plan. For a doctoral degree, the equivalent of...
Ph D Student Department Of Electromechanical, Systems And Metal Engineering, Ghent University, Belgium, 21 days ago
Last application date May 01, 2021 00:00 Department TW08 - Department of Electromechanical, Systems and Metal Engineering Contract Limited duration Degree Master of Science in Mechanical Engineeri...