4 Positions as Doctoral Researcher (f/m/d)
ERC Advanced Grant Project „Rewilding the Anthropocene“
The University of Cologne is one of the largest and most research-intensive universities in Germany, offering a wide range of subjects. With its six faculties and its interfaculty centres, it offers a broad spectrum of scientific disciplines and internationally outstanding profile areas, supported by the administration with its services.
REWILDING is an environmental anthropological project contributing to the budding field of environmental humanities generally and to debates on the shifting entanglements between people, flora, and fauna in the world’s largest conservation landscape, the southern African Kavango-Zambezi Transboundary Conservation Area (KAZA TFCA), in particular. The project is headed by Prof. Michael Bollig, Department of Social and Cultural Anthropology.
For a brief description of the project please visit our homepage at http://ethnologie.phil-fak.uni-koeln.de/jobs .
- Developing a PhD project on the topic of REWILDING with an in-depth focus on particular multi-species assemblages
- Conducting ethnographic fieldwork for about 12-15 months in south-central Africa (either Namibia, Zambia, Botswana, Zimbabwe or Angola)
- Data collection and analysis
- Presentation of results in the form of regular reports, lectures and publications
- Participating on regular project meetings
- Support in the organization of academic and policy events (conferences, workshops, working meetings)
- Completed master‘s degree (MA) in Ethnologie / Social and Cultural Anthropology (or related disciplines)
- Expertise in environmental anthropology
- Willingness to conduct several months of ethnographic
- research in south-central Africa; familiarity with the research sites will be beneficial
- Excellent knowledge of English is required; knowledge of
- German or willingness to learn German for communication purposes is desired
We Offer You
- Integration in the University‘s Global South Study Center
- A diverse and fair working environment
- Support in reconciling work and family life
- Flexible working time models
- Extensive advanced training opportunities
- Occupational health management offers
- Local transport ticket at a discount for UoC employees
The positions are available from 01.01.2022 on a part-time basis (29,87 working hours per week / 75%). They are limited until 31.12. 2024 with an option of extending for an additional year. If the applicant meets the relevant wage requirements and personal qualifications, the salary is based on remuneration group 13 TV-L of the pay scale for the German public sector.
The University of Cologne is committed to equal opportunities and diversity. Women are especially encouraged to apply and will be considered preferentially in accordance with the Equal Opportunities Act of North Rhine-Westphalia (Landesgleichstellungsgesetz – LGG NRW). We also expressly welcome applications from people with disabilities / special needs or of equal status.
Please send your convincing application by email (in one pdf-file) with the reference number Wiss2109-01 to email@example.com . The application deadline is 31. 10 2021.
If you have any questions, please contact Prof. Dr. Michael Bollig (firstname.lastname@example.org ).
Ph D Student (M/F/D), Leibniz, Germany, about 7 hours ago
The Senckenberg Gesellschaft für Naturforschung (SGN) is a member of the Leibniz Association and is based in Frankfurt am Main, Germany. SGN conducts natural history research with almost 800 emplo...
Ph D Position (All Genders Welcome) (Collaborative Research Center Crc 1073 “Atomic Scale Control Of Energy Conversion” ) (Id 15824), Georg August University of Göttingen, Germany, about 8 hours ago
Einrichtung: Collaborative Research Center CRC 1073 “Atomic scale control of energy conversion” (ID 15824) Ansprechpartner: Prof. Dr. Inke Siewert Besetzungsdatum: 01.01.2022 Veröffentlichungsdat...
Doctoral Researcher (M/F/D), Leibniz, Germany, about 8 hours ago
The Leibniz Institute for Research on Society and Space (IRS) in Erkner near Berlin, a non-university research institution and member of the Leibniz Association, is seeking, subject to final appro...
Post Doctoral Position (M/F/D), Leibniz, Germany, about 7 hours ago
The Heinrich-Pette-Institute ‐ Leibniz Institute for Experimental Virology (HPI), is committed to research on the biology of different human viruses as well as the pathogenesis of viral diseases. ...
Ph D Candidate On The Topic Of “Ai Based Hydrodynamic Modeling” , Technical University of Munich, Germany, about 19 hours ago
12.10.2021, Wissenschaftliches Personal The TUM Professorship for Data Science in Earth Observation is seeking a full-time PhD candidate on the topic of “AI-based hydrodynamic modeling”. For our t...
Ph D Candidate On The Topic Of “Multi Scale Semantic Understanding Of The Built Environment” , Technical University of Munich, Germany, about 19 hours ago
12.10.2021, Wissenschaftliches Personal The TUM Professorship for Data Science in Earth Obervation is seeking a full-time PhD candidate on the topic of “Multi-scale Semantic Understanding of the ...