19.06.2019, Wissenschaftliches Personal
The Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicology is part of the Medical Faculty of the Technical University of Munich (TUM), one of the leading universities of Germany (rewarded with one of three clusters of excellence). The focus of our research is the mechanism of action of noncoding RNAs in the heart and their therapeutic applicability in cardi-ac disease. Our team excels in the preparation as well as the targeting of specific cardiac cells in vitro and in vivo. We have a longstanding expertise in the noncoding RNA field that is documented by a number of high-profile publi-cations 1–3. The newly established SFB (Sonderforschungsbereich) on “Non-coding RNA in the cardiovascular sys-tem” starting this summer aims to elucidate the function and mechanism-of-action of non-coding RNAs. To expand further into the analysis of long non-coding RNAs, we are looking for two motivated PhD students to join our group.
The position is available as of now, we plan a PhD project to last between 3 and 4 years.
We offer thorough training in:
- Performing a wide spectrum of molecular, cell biology-related and computational methodologies and tech-niques, such as DNA cloning, viral transduction, RNA-detection methods, flow cytometry, generation and analy-sis of RNA-Seq data etc.
- Development of new methods and experimental plans.
- Writing and presenting your scientific work.
- Within the framework of the SFB, you will be able to attend to workshops (e.g. analysis of Next Gen sequencing data) and perform experiments in collaborating labs
In addition, you will
- Work closely with the project-leading PostDoc.
- Join a highly motivated and international team with a high PostDoc to student ratio.
- Operate state-of-the-art technologies and instruments, such as the Chromium (10x Genomics) for single cell sequencing, high content imaging system or a cell sorter.
- Join the TUM Graduate School and benefit from educational programs etc.
- Receive a 3-year contract with the possibility to prolong, payment according to TV-L (E13 / 65%).
- You are a highly motivated student that takes great interest in research, is curious and excited to learn and op-timize new methods and experimental approaches.
- Practical experience in molecular biology, cell culture and, ideally, RNA methodologies.
- You have a high degree of responsibility, are independent and enjoy working in a team.
- Good command of English (written and oral).
- M.Sc. or Diploma in Biochemistry, Biology, Molecular Biotechnology or a related discipline.
TUM has been pursuing the strategic goal of substantially increasing the diversity of its staff. As an equal oppor-tunity and affirmative action employer, TUM explicitly encourages nominations of and applications from women as well as from all others who would bring additional diversity dimensions to the university’s research and teaching strategies. Preference will be given to disabled candidates with essentially the same qualifications.
Notes on data protection:
Please send your complete application documents (cover letter, C.V., recommendations/references, certificates) as a pdf file via email to the following address:
Technische Universität München
Institut für Pharmakologie und Toxikologie
Dr. Anne Dueck
Head of institute: Prof. Dr. Dr. Stefan Engelhardt
Biedersteiner Straße 29, 80802 München
Tel. +49 89 4140 3260
1. Thum T, Gross C, Fiedler J, Fischer T, Kissler S, Bussen M, Galuppo P, Just S, Rottbauer W, Frantz S, Castoldi M, Soutschek J, Koteliansky V, Rosenwald A, Basson MA, Licht JD, Pena JT, Rouhanifard SH, Muckenthaler MU, Tuschl T, Martin GR, Bauersachs J, Engelhardt S. MicroRNA-21 contributes to myocar-dial disease by stimulating MAP kinase signalling in fibroblasts. Nature 456, 980–984 (2008).
2. Ganesan, J. et al. MiR-378 Controls Cardiac Hypertrophy by Combined Repression of Mitogen-Activated Protein Kinase Pathway Factors. Circulation 127, 2097–2106 (2013).
3. Sassi Y, Avramopoulos P, Ramanujam D, Grüter L, Werfel S, Giosele S, Brunner AD, Esfandyari D, Papadopoulou AS, De Strooper B, Hübner N, Kumarswamy R, Thum T, Yin X, Mayr M, Laggerbauer B, Engelhardt S. Cardiac myocyte miR-29 promotes pathological remodeling of the heart by activating Wnt signaling. Nat Commun. 2017 Nov 20;8(1):1614. doi: 10.1038/s41467-017-01737-4.
Data Protection Information:
When you apply for a position with the Technical University of Munich (TUM), you are submitting personal information. With regard to personal information, please take note of the Datenschutzhinweise gemäß Art. 13 Datenschutz-Grundverordnung (DSGVO) zur Erhebung und Verarbeitung von personenbezogenen Daten im Rahmen Ihrer Bewerbung. (data protection information on collecting and processing personal data contained in your application in accordance with Art. 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)). By submitting your application, you confirm that you have acknowledged the above data protection information of TUM.
Kontakt: [email protected]
Several Positions In The Ph D Program “Advanced Optimization In A Networked Economy” (# Of Pos: 3), Technical University of Munich, Germany, about 14 hours ago
The Research Training Group (RTG) “Advanced Optimization in a Networked Economy”, funded by the German Science Foundation (DFG) and jointly hosted by the Schools of Management, Computer Science, a...
Ph D Student, Helmholtz, Germany, 1 day ago
Job description: You will be tasked with the implementation of multi-input, end-to-end deep learning architectures using current state-of-the-art tools by working in a multidisciplinary team of ra...
Two Postdoc Positions In Single Cell Multi Omics To Study Stem Cell And Developmental Biology, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, about 9 hours ago
(ref. BAP-2020-72) Laatst aangepast : 7/02/2020 The Laboratory of Cellular Reprogramming and Epigenetic Regulation headed by Vincent Pasque is located at the University Hospital Campus, Leuven, Be...
Postdoc Position In Mechanisms Of Liver Size Control At Dan Stem, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 8 hours ago
Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences University of Copenhagen A postdoctoral position is available in the group of Elke Ober at DanStem. The team studies fundamental mechanisms of tissue morphog...
Ph D Student Fhml/School For Cardiovascular Diseases/Carim Department Pathology, Maastricht University, Netherlands, 29 days ago
PhD-student FHML/School for Cardiovascular Diseases/CARIM-Department Pathology PhD-student FHML/School for Cardiovascular Diseases/CARIM-Department Pathology Published Deadline Location today 9 Fe...
Postdoctoral Fellow Position In The Field Of Ras Cancer Cell Biology (M/F), University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg, about 14 hours ago
The University of Luxembourg has the following vacancy in the Cancer Cell Biology Group (Prof. Dr. Daniel Abankwa) at the Department for Life Sciences and Medicine, Faculty of Science, Technology...