1 Doctoral Researcher Fellowship at Jena School for Microbial Communication
Job Offer Details
The Graduate School of Excellence ´JSMC´ invites applications for a Doctoral Researcher Fellowship (Ref.No. 63/2012) on the topic
The metabolic profile of the marine microalga Ostreococcus tauri
Using analytical and physiological experiments, this PhD project aims at elucidating how regulatory networks control metabolism in the unicellular marine alga Ostreococcus tauri. The results should help to understand how this cosmopolitan marine species adapts to changes in environmental conditions, and to engineer algae for biotechnological applications.
More projects details: www.jsmc.uni-jena.de/phd- program/fellowship-application/vacant-projects/
Language of the Doctoral Thesis
Requirements for Applicant
Subject Requirements (Qualification)
- a Master?s degree (or equivalent) in biochemistry, chemistry, pharmacy, biology or a related subject. Candidates about to earn their degree are welcome to apply.
- a strong background in analytical chemistry and biochemistry
- some experience with the use of sterile technique and statistical tests
- high motivation and interest to join one of the interdisciplinary research areas of JSMC
- creativity and interest to shape your own thesis project
- an integrative and cooperative personality
- very good communication skills in English (instruction language at JSMC)
- a highly communicative atmosphere within a scientific network providing top-level research facilities
- a PhD stipend paid for three years according to the regulations of the DFG (German Research Foundation) as well as generous research funding
- a comprehensive mentoring program with efficient supervision by a team of supervisors
- a top-level PhD training program with courses in state-of-the-art research technologies and soft skills
- Jena ? the German City of Science 2008: a young and lively town with dynamic business activities, successful scientific centers of innovation and a vibrant cultural scene around the famous Friedrich Schiller University
Friedrich Schiller University Jena is an equal opportunity employer.
The application procedure takes place exclusively online via the JSMC website: www.jsmc.uni-jena.de
Type of Persons
- Please do not use the application button below, but ...
- see link in �qualification�
University / Organisation advertising the position
University / Organisation
Faculty / Institute
Jena School for Microbial Communication
Supervisor of the Doctoral Thesis
Herr Dr. Carsten Thoms
Post Doctoral Position On “Lysogenic Conversion In Marine Vibrio Bacteria”, Department Of Biology, University Of Copenhagen, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 10 hours ago
A 2-year Post-doctoral position on bacteriophage-host interactions is offered at the Marine Biological Section, Department of Biology, University of Copenhagen, Denmark. The position starts 1. Jan...
Ruth Norman Halls Postdoctoral Fellow, Indiana University Northwest, United States, about 15 hours ago
INDIANAUNIVERSITY, Bloomington, IN. Two-year Ruth Norman Halls Postdoctoral Fellowship in the History of Philosophy, beginning August, 2018. Preference for Kant and post-Kantian German philosophy,...
Postdoc Position At Technical University Of Munich, Technische Universität München, Germany, about 10 hours ago
28.09.2017, Wissenschaftliches Personal Postdoc position opening at TUM's Physics Department for the study of mathematical and statistical properties of multiparticle correlations, used in the ana...
Postdoctoral Researcher Cnidarian Microbiome Coevolution, Pennsylvania State University, United States, 14 days ago
Description A postdoctoral position is available in the lab of Dr. Monica Medina in the Department of Biology at University Park campus. The successful candidate will be expected to conduct resea...
Research Fellow 55341 , University of Birmingham, United Kingdom, 2 days ago
Full Time/Part Time Full Time Duration of Post 12 months Post is open to: External and internal candidates Salary Full time starting salary is normally in the range £39,993 to £47,722. With potent...
Postdoc At The Danish National Research Foundation Centre For Privacy Studies, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 10 hours ago
Postdoc at The Danish National Research Foundation Centre for Privacy Studies (2 years with the possibility of a one-year extension) Centre for Privacy Studies (PRIVACY) advertises 4¬6 fully funde...