The Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions Innovative Training Network (H2020-MSCA-ITN-2019-860715) “Advanced technologieS for drug dIscovery and precisioN mEdicine: in vitRo modellinG human physiology and diseAse” (SINERGIA) invites applications for 15 early-stage researcher (ESR) positions, available with a starting date in the period Feb 1st – May 1st 2020 for a period of three years. The network comprises 10 beneficiaries and 4 partner organisations from both the academic and industrial sectors from 6 countries (Italy, Switzerland, The Netherlands, Czech Republic, Germany and United Kingdom).
The SINERGIA project provides research and training opportunities for early-stage researchers in the field the emerging technologies in drug development and precision medicine. Specifically, SINERGIA aims at improving the dialogue among the main stakeholders in the drug discovery field, and at developing advanced models of human physiology and diseases, to be ultimately introduced in the preclinical stages of the drug discovery pipeline.
SINERGIA’s research programme addresses three investigational areas of the drug development process – namely drug benefit, drug safety and precision medicine – with the aim of bringing advanced models built on innovative Technologies from bench to the pharmaceutical market. SINERGIA research objectives are: i) drug benefit, ii) drug safety, and iii) precision medicine. SINERGIA’s approach will be:
- Multi-sectoral, encompassing academia, biotechs and Contact Research Organizations, and also accounting for the support of clinicians from hospitals enrolled as beneficiary or partner organizations
- Multi-technological, involving the exploitation of different and complementary cutting-edge technologies, i.e. microfluidics, bioreactors, 3D-printing, induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) that will be synergistically used to generate relevant in vitro models of human physiology and diseases
- Multi-disciplinary, in that the researchers will be involved in individual projects (each leading to PhD degree), spanning from technology development to disease modelling. SINERGIA will establish new in vitro models enabling for drug discovery by taking advantage of cutting-edge technologies that are currently emerging as extremely promising and innovative, either alone ot through their possible combinations.
Training will be achieved either through research or by education. Research training includes Secondments at partner premises, Training by education includes transferable skills training and comprises attendance to both local training activities and network-wide training activities. In addition, ESRs will attend 3 SINERGIA Summer Schools. The ESRs will also have the opportunity to enrol for a PhD.
For further details and to submit your application, please visit www.sinergia2020.polimi.it .
We are looking for highly motivated researchers with an excellent academic background in Bioengineering, Chemistry, Material Science, Biology and Physics.
Applicants must at the time of recruitment:
1) Have a BSc and a MSc or equivalent in Biomedical Engineering, Biotechnology, Physics, Biology, Medicine or a related discipline
2) Be in the first four years (full-time equivalent) of their research careers
3) Have not been awarded a doctoral degree
4) Have not resided in the country of the host beneficiary for more than 12 months in the last 3 years
Principal SINERGIA partners and hosts for ESRs
Titles of the projects:
Several Open Ph D Student Positions (Including Bioinformatics Domains) As Part Of The International Training Programme On Precision Medicine Tran Sys, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, 1 day ago
(ref. BAP-2019-725) Laatst aangepast : 14/11/2019 TranSYS, coordinated by Prof. K Van Steen (KU Leuven), will recruit 15 ESRs (Early Stage Researchers) to highly skilled jobs in the new area of S...
Ph D Position In Organic Synthesis And Medicinal Chemistry, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 24 days ago
DepartmentDepartment of Chemistry – Faculty of Science Deadline 15 Jan 2020 Start date upon egreement Invites applications for the following position: PhD Position in Organic Synthesis and Medici...
Ph D Position In Response (Esr 07): The Role Of Biodiversity In Sustainable Energy Transitions For Charcoal 100 % , University of Zurich, Switzerland, about 6 hours ago
Department of Geography PhD Position in RESPONSE (ESR 07): The role of biodiversity in sustainable energy transitions for charcoal 100 % Globalization, climate change and mobile information societ...
Postdoc And Ph D Position In Structural Biology Of Wnt Signaling, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 18 days ago
DepartmentKonstantinos Tripsianes Research Group – Central European Institute of Technology Deadline 24 Dec 2019 Start date upon agreement Postdoc and PhD positions in structural biology of Wnt s...
Postdoc And Phd Positions In Structural Biology Of Wnt Signaling , Masaryk University, Czech, about 10 hours ago
Postdoc and PhD positions in structural biology of Wnt signaling Description CEITEC is a scientific centre in the fields of life sciences, advanced materials and technologies whose aim is to estab...
Ph D Student In Pharmaceutical Nanotechnology , SciLifeLab, Sweden, 23 days ago
Uppsala University, Department of Pharmacy The Department of Pharmacy offers a stimulating multidisciplinary working environment in research and teaching within the Pharmacy disciplines. The Depar...