Tallinn University of Technology, School of Engineering, Department of Electrical Power Engineering and Mechatronics offers a 4-year PhD position in Power Engineering and Mechatronics.
Proposed doctoral thesis topic: "Advanced Thermal Management systems for Electric Machines using Additive Manufacturing"
Supervisors: Professor Ants Kallaste and Payam Ghahfarokhi
The PhD student will support the development of new thermal management strategies for Next Generation Additively Manufactured Electric Motors (EM). With an emphasis on improving EM’s thermal efficiency, the PhD student will contribute to the development of new design methods and technologies which will shape the future of EM.
Main tasks within this PhD project :
1. State of the art research in the field of Thermal management systems using AM:
- examining various thermal management systems and the possibility of developing and optimizing the thermal management system using AM;
- examining the challenges and opportunities of AM to manufacture the novel EM’s thermal management systems and providing the solution to overcome the difficulties.
2. Designing and modelling the appropriated thermal management system for EM:
- designing novel structures, heat exchangers, heat guides, heat sinks;
- modelling the design and examining the performance of cooling using Finite Element (FE) software and computational fluid dynamic (CFD).
3. Developing the test bench and verifying the analytical and numerical models:
- drawing the models using CAD software;
- constructing the model using 3D selective laser melting (SLM) printer;
- developing the test bench, measuring and collecting the data;
- comparing the analytical, numerical, and experimental results
Ph D Position In Data Enhanced Digital Twin Development For Process Control, Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Netherlands, about 24 hours ago
Project description The Heat is On project is concerned with heat that is needed for energy intensive processes like separation ad drying processes commonly used in the industries like agrofood, p...
Ph D Student: Ultrafast Heat Transport In 2 D Materials Ultrafast Dynamics In Nanoscale Systems, ICN2, Spain, about 19 hours ago
The mission of the Catalan Institute of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (ICN2) is to achieve the highest level of scientific and technological excellence in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology. Its rese...
Ph D Candidate In Data Driven Analysis Of The Real Building Performance Using Wood Stoves , NTNU, Norway, about 21 hours ago
This is NTNU At NTNU, creating knowledge for a better world is the vision that unites our 7 400 employees and 42 000 students. We are looking for dedicated employees to join us. You will find more...
Ph D Candidate In Data Driven Analysis Of The Real Building Performance Using Wood Stoves, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 7 days ago
About the position The Department of Energy and Process Engineering (EPT) has a vacancy for a PhD scholarship within the sustainable energy system group (SES). The SES group has a strong backgroun...
Ph D Position In Data Enhanced Digital Twin Development For Process Control, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands, about 17 hours ago
The Control Systems Group at the Electrical Engineering Department in Eindhoven University of Technology has an opening for a PHD position for 1 fte of 4 years in the project (https://ispt.eu/proj...
Ph D Candidate On Machine Learning For Sustainable Industry, Radboud University, Netherlands, 15 days ago
The Institute for Computing and Information Sciences (iCIS) at Radboud University is looking for a PhD candidate to develop and apply machine learning and data science methods that can help make ...