Tallinn University of Technology, School of Business and Governance, Department of Business Administration offers a 4-year PhD position in the area of service management and marketing.
Proposed doctoral thesis topic: "The Future of Service: A Critical Examination"
Supervisors: Professor Edward Kasabov
The project belongs to the general area of Service Management and Marketing, but is – more specifically – positioned at the meeting point of Service, Relationship, and Strategic Marketing as well as Data Management and / or Data Mining. Most importantly, the project seeks to build upon and extend critical scholarship on services.
Theories of services, relationships and strategy endorse customer centricity. Nonetheless, research has critically re-exmined basic precepts. Critical scholarship offers opportunities to re-think what the future of service might be, by revealing how developments in technology and communications have assisted new techniques to manage customers and business partners, with little to no reference to traditional approaches.
The project could focus on power and compliance in service, inequalities, exclusions, and the role of data. Irrespective of the specific focus, the project needs to adopt a critical scholarship approach.
Applicants must submit the following information:
- Specify the project focus, including the working title, research objectives and questions. Which specific area will be analysed? Clearly state how your project intends to expand existing knowledge in the chosen area. Is there something new you will be exploring that has not been researched yet? You need to use some literature in your chosen topic to back up your research plans (1-2 paragraphs).
- Explain how that project belongs to critical scholarship (1-2 paragraphs).
- Tell us a bit about how you plan to carry out the project, including a PhD time line (e.g. what do you think you will be able to accomplish in year 1, year 2, etc.), research strategy, research design, the sampling approach you intend to use, and analysis methods. Discuss any prior experience you have regarding these issues (1-2 paragraphs).
- In case your initial plans fail to materialise for whatever reason, have you got an alternative scenario for your PhD studies here? What would they be? (1 paragraph).
- Link your PhD plans to your education and work experience – namely, have you got educational and / or practical background in the area you are planning to research? Limit the discussion of your education and work experience only to that which is of relevance to the planned PhD (1-2 paragraphs).
Ph D In English Literary Studies, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 14 days ago
About the position Applications are invited for one fully funded three-year PhD fellowship in Literature in English, based in the Department of Language and Literature (ISL) at the Faculty of the ...
Ph D Position Within Maritime Simulation And Pedagogical Method, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 14 days ago
About the position We have a vacant PhD position for research related to the topic: Becoming a professional through simulation-based training The announced PhD project is part of a larger research...
Ph D Vacancy For Financial Reporting (And Auditing) In A Nonprofit Context, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, 13 days ago
-You have earned a Master degree in business economics, business administration or equivalent. You obtained excellent study results and you meet the conditions described in sub section 3 (paragra...
Ph D Student In Software Testing, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, 7 days ago
"Looking to improve the quality of software that runs our world? Come join us!" Within the faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science (EEMCS), the Department of Software T...
Ph D Candidate/Junior Lecturer In Marketing, Radboud University, Netherlands, 3 days ago
The Department of Business Administration at the Nijmegen School of Management is looking for a PhD candidate/Junior Lecturer for its Marketing group. As a PhD candidate/Junior Lecturer you will h...
Ph D Candidate/Junior Lecturer In Marketing (0.8 1.0 Fte), Radboud University, Netherlands, about 23 hours ago
Employment: 0.8 - 1.0 FTE Gross monthly salary: € 2,836 - € 4,474 Nijmegen School of Management Required background: Research University Degree Application deadline: 26 September 2021 The Departme...