Reports to: Program Manager and Fund Administrator, Yousef Jameel GAPP Public Leadership Program, School of Global Affairs and Public Policy
Purpose:The job holder is responsible for the overall coordination of the gift under the guidance and supervision of the Program Manager and Fund Administrator. He/she should streamline the procedures for the acceptance, administration and follow up of the program’s entire components.
Advertising and Promotion for the Fellowship
- Execute the advertising and promotion plan for the new cohort including information sessions, social media, contacting different entities and coordinating with communication office for different publication material, as well as attending different AUC events such as the graduate open house
- Update the fellowship Facebook page with news, events and fellows’ biographies
- Liaise with AUC concerned offices to update information and news on AUC website
- Respond to applicants’ and future candidates’ queries through email, telephone and scheduled interviews
Students’ Selection Process and Activities’ Logistics
- Prepare applicants’ files for the internal committee interview
- Coordinate and organize logistics for the first internal committee interview and the second external committee interview
- Organize logistics of the orientation session for the new fellows
- Coordinate all logistics for the Know thy country trips and International Study tours including working with the travel office for hotel reservations, booking flights, and arranging transportation and tour guides
- Handle and settle needed payments with both the travel office and the controller’s office including invoices, advance payments, and allowances for the Know thy country trips and International study tours
- Coordinate with the International Programs Office regarding the available options and slots and assist throughout the process if needed
- Handle SAP payments for host universities, reimbursements, travel, and per diem for fellows
- Coordinate with the travel office for ticket booking and insurance
- Handle all documents needed to process and issue the per diem for the fellows traveling on a semester abroad
- Keep track of all expenses broke down to each line item for each cohort and update the needed reports.
- Organize and handle the logistics of fellows’ gatherings and networking events
- Maintain an excellent relationship with fellows and assist them in every possible way
- Maintain and updated database of all fellows and handles the documentation process for the program (filing)
- Other additional duties, as assigned
Minimum Education Requirement(s): BA in a related discipline
- Minimum of four years of relevant experience
- Prior experience in an academic, multi-cultural setting is a plus
- Excellent command of English and Arabic both spoken and written
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent organization skills and ability to prioritize and work under pressure
- Tact, diplomacy and discretion
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office, SAP, Photoshop) and knowledge of websites
This position is open until November 26, 2019
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the shortlist will be contacted. If interested, send an updated and detailed resume to email@example.com, stating “50023976 Senior Specialist, Yousef Jameel GAPP Public Leadership Program” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”
Researcher (Permanent Position), University of Bergen, Norway, 21 days ago
Faculty of Medicine The University of Bergen is a renowned educational and research institution, organised into seven faculties and approximately 54 institutes and academic centres. Campus is loca...
Instructional & Student Support, Pba (Residence Hall Manager) (#80603) Position Description, University of Hawai`i at Hilo, United States, 10 days ago
UH Hilo Home > Faculty & Staff > Human Resources > Position Vacancies UH Hilo, Student Affairs, University Housing, full-time, permanent, special funds, live-in, to begin approximately Septemb...
Executive/Senior Executive (Student Administration), National University of Singapore, Singapore, about 16 hours ago
Executive/Senior Executive (Student Administration) - 00DAE Description The incumbent reports to the Section Head in-charge and works with minimal day-to-day supervision. Specific duties include:...
2020 04 Ph D Position (Doctoral Researcher, F/M/X, 75%), Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH) - Member of the Leibniz Association, Germany, about 11 hours ago
To conduct a research project within the Research Institute for Social Cohesion (Forschungsinstitut Gesellschaftlicher Zusammenhalt), the Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH) – Member of th...
Ph D Position In Electric Power Engineering Within "Power Conversion And Control In Offshore Wind..., NTNU Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Norway, 18 days ago
This is NTNU At NTNU, creating knowledge for a better world is the vision that unites our 7 400 employees and 42 000 students. We are looking for dedicated employees to join us. You will find more...
Postdoc Position In The Field Of Environmental Epidemiology (# Of Pos: 2), Masaryk University - Faculty of Science – RECETOX, Czech, about 23 hours ago
RECETOX, Masaryk University announces an open competition for the POSTDOC POSITION IN THE FIELD OF ENVIRONMENTAL EPIDEMIOLOGY RECETOX Centre of Masaryk University carries out interdisciplinary res...